Yeah Yeah Yeah, Patience. How Long Will That Take? (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilty00

May 15, 2007
Kelowna/Winnipeg
Get it goin already.

Edit: I'm picturing everybody sitting in their chairs opposite eachother staring at a clock silently and when it hits 3:00 they all just start yelling and pointing fingers.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
Get it goin already.

Edit: I'm picturing everybody sitting in their chairs opposite eachother staring at a clock silently and when it hits 3:00 they all just start yelling and pointing fingers.

Wasn't that a scene from _Trading Places_, with the beginning of the trading day? Seems apropos here! Well played.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib

Heard from trusted source who says this is 'import meeting, there will be progress' as reason why Crosby at meeting @penguins #NHL #nhlpa

Oh great, this is just to go over Vandelay Industries.

"And you call yourself a latex salesman"...... :)

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
Get it goin already.

I'm picturing the stock exchange, minutes before the bell signals the opening of the markets.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Meeting is a failure if I don't get minute by minute tweets from the negotiations

FakeKidPoker*

From csnphilly.com:

Can we have a hockey season by Black Friday?

That’s the goal as the NHL and the NHLPA convene in New York City Tuesday at a secret neutral location, to resume collective bargaining talks in hopes of ending the lockout, which entered its eighth week on Sunday.

The league, as CSNPhilly.com reported on Monday, is not expected to hold a news conference after the meeting. Typically, the union does.

Sources within the league are gently pushing the union to mimic what NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman intends to do: release a statement, but not negotiate in the media or divulge what was said.

It remains to be seen whether both parties can do just that.

“The call is for silence now,†said one prominent agent.

Said another agent, “The big thing? They’re finally negotiating.â€

“The window to make a deal is there,†said one person with ties on both sides of the table. “Players want to play and their demands to get a deal are there.

“The owners are moving in the right direction. And agents, the key ones, have a lot of push. I think it gets done next week.â€

There is a belief within both sides that if the traction they found over the weekend multiplies, it can lead to sustained talks that will end the lockout.

It could take a week or two, but it can happen.

The goal is to get a deal done by mid-month, open training camps, and play on Black Friday with a 60-game season or better.

“It’s definitely an important time, considering the timing of everything,†Sidney Crosby told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

“Knowing in the back of our minds that it’s probably the last chance to get anything close to a full season.

Hanklite*

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib

Heard from trusted source who says this is 'import meeting, there will be progress' as reason why Crosby at meeting @penguins #NHL #nhlpa

Oh great, this is just to go over Vandelay Industries.

"And you call yourself a latex salesman"...... :)

"There's no Vandeley Industries, you are wayyy off"

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Will the day be Fair To Fehr? Or will we have players by the dozen claiming "THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! THAT'S NOT FAIR TO FEHR!!!" following the night's activities? We'll know....in a couple hours! Stay tuned, folks!

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Wasn't that a scene from _Trading Places_, with the beginning of the trading day? Seems apropos here! Well played.

939509_o.gif

aykroyd: "what do you guys think of 50/50?"

Hanklite*

Will the day be Fair To Fehr? Or will we have players by the dozen claiming "THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! THAT'S NOT FAIR TO FEHR!!!" following the night's activities? We'll know....in a couple hours! Stay tuned, folks!

Not sure I understand your puns..

Fehr is Fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad