Post-Game Talk: Yay, we suck as bad as the Avs!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Bad game by Howard. Maybe it's just the team that sucks? Or is it just mrazek did he degrade all of our players

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Mantha has to be the softest and most disinterested 6'5" hockey player in the entire NHL. 2 game benching didn't send the message. Getting rocked by Green during practice didn't send the message. May as well send him back down to the AHL at this point and call someone up that actually wants to put in a fraction of effort.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Now we definitely know our team sucks. The octopi are runnig away.
giphy.gif

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Mantha has to be the softest and most disinterested 6'5" hockey player in the entire NHL. 2 game benching didn't send the message. Getting rocked by Green during practice didn't send the message. May as well send him back down to the AHL at this point and call someone up that actually wants to put in a fraction of effort.

It ain't just Mantha. Almost the whole damn team is soft as Charmin.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013

He obviously wants out of Detroit and to escape Blabhill.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
It ain't just Mantha. Almost the whole damn team is soft as Charmin.

Another one of our awesome first round draft picks. :sarcasm: It's pretty clear the Red Wings drafting and development is well below mediocre. Can only blame the players for so long, when you go decades without drafting an elite player it's pretty clear where you need to place the blame.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Bad game by Howard. Maybe it's just the team that sucks? Or is it just mrazek did he degrade all of our players

I didn't watch the game but I did see the highlights, two of those goals were wrist shots in the slot area... that's prime scoring opportunities.

One thing I did notice was AA scoring a goal in the first then him only ending with 12 minutes of ice time. After the goal was he just looking for open passes the rest of the game or was it just Blash making a bad decision?

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I didn't watch the game but I did see the highlights, two of those goals were wrist shots in the slot area... that's prime scoring opportunities.

One thing I did notice was AA scoring a goal in the first then him only ending with 12 minutes of ice time. After the goal was he just looking for open passes the rest of the game or was it just Blash making a bad decision?

Blashill

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Top 6 forwards by ice time went -5 and got absolutely destroyed in the faceoff dot. Blashill just rides the vets hard because he has no idea what to do and cannot wait for the season to be over so he doesn't have to coach any longer.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

He was playing with Abedelkader/Helm and Larkin and that was one of the best lines tonight. They brought alot of energy. Larkin has been buzzing and getting good looks.

Sheahan had a few chances. Jensen has been very impressive.

Mantha played like a powderpuff.. Imagine Franzen's laziest NHL game ever, then times it by x10. That was Mantha in a nutshell.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona

Mantha will be fine. He's young, in a rut and stuck with a lackluster coach and a GM that's gone out to pasture on a team going nowhere.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Second round pick to Montreal is my guess. What a shame. This kid was abused by Blab and Holland both.

"Very, very, very disappointing," Devellano said. "And I say that with a lot of sadness. Coming out of junior, we had such high hopes for him [Mantha]."

Yup, everyone is just picking on him. And now he's sad and too heartbroken to play competitive hockey. Mantha is a poor manchild that everyone picks on.

....Or, more likely, he's living up to his reputation and proving why nearly every other team passed on him and we are seeing why he dropped to 20th overall.

You can polish a turd, but at the end of the day... it's still a turd.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yup, everyone is just picking on him. And now he's sad and too heartbroken to play competitive hockey. Mantha is a poor manchild that everyone picks on.

....Or, more likely, he's living up to his reputation and proving why nearly every other team passed on him and we are seeing why he dropped to 20th overall.

You can polish a turd, but at the end of the day... it's still a turd.

Then we need to be on Holland hard for not seeing what 19 other teams were able to see and drafting him anyway.

No two ways about this, you need to start criticizing Holland, not just a few scapegoat players you've picked out.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
I should be fair with marzik Howard let in back to back softies in the third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad