Waived: Yannick Weber waived (UPDATE: Clears waivers and assigned to Utica)

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Argh, would have rather preferred to see Alberts on waivers!

Perhaps we'll shoot him out of a rocket.

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
That just figures. Why keep a guy who can play forward and defense competently when you can keep Andrew Alberts, who does neither?

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
That just figures. Why keep a guy who can play forward and defense competently when you can keep Andrew Alberts, who does neither?

i think at this point you have to wonder, why is AA still here? and i have to think he's a lovable mascot in the room and probably a guy who gives it his all to be a human pylon in practice and maybe also gives good foot rubs after games or something. but i bet the guys love him and that probably counts for something; why else would he be here?

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Ugh, I guess the coaching staff really dislikes Weber. They refused to put him on the struggling PP when he was in the lineup (as a forward), and now waives him even though guys like Alberts and Dalpe have been completely useless.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
and so yannick weber joins that illustrious list of guys we picked up and never even tried to use. yanni, meet mika noronen, fedor fedorov, sergei shirokov, alex sulzer, cam barker, and, what the hell, also derek roy.

sure you probably would have sucked anyway, but now we'll never know. will keep me up at night; what if you were kimmo timonen just waiting to break out...

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
and so yannick weber joins that illustrious list of guys we picked up and never even tried to use. yanni, meet mika noronen, fedor fedorov, sergei shirokov, alex sulzer, cam barker, and, what the hell, also derek roy.

sure you probably would have sucked anyway, but now we'll never know. will keep me up at night; what if you were kimmo timonen just waiting to break out...

Derek Roy played every game he was with Vancouver for and they were significant minutes.

One of these things is not like the others. Actually two because Cam Barker was an atrocity at everything.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Alberts is a character guy in the pressbox. Obviously gotta keep him around over the guy who could've helped our PP (not that it needs help).

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
Wow this team must really be hung up on size, because it's the only thing Alberts has over Weber.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
they probably kept alberts because he provides an element that weber doesn't have and that is physicality. not like it matters though since they both play like a minute a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad