Player Discussion: Yanni Gourde

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
I own gourde, paquette, conacher, brown and mckegg on my keeper fantasy Team. A league that can carry 50 contracts and 90 skaters.

Which of these guys do you think will be full time NHLers next season.

My assumption is paquette, gourde, and brown.

Paq will only play about 50 a year so that choice is on you. Brown is 50/50 staying. Gourde will likely have a job here.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
I can see a future for Vladdy developing as a purely defensive first center because he possesses that defensive acumen and it is important to note that our other top 9 centers are quite offensive minded. If we kept both Point and Johnson I have no problem having Vladdy on the 4th line with PK minutes because he's always been a pretty decent PKer, even if Cooper seemed to completely omit it for 2 years, until Yzerman took his Filppula toy from his hands. We need to find a replacement for Flip's defensive assignment still, and I'm not sure Dumont or Paquette are capable of that on the long term. Vladdy is a cheap, internal solution to that issue. His versatility is a strength in case of injuries moreover.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I can see a future for Vladdy developing as a purely defensive first center because he possesses that defensive acumen and it is important to note that our other top 9 centers are quite offensive minded. If we kept both Point and Johnson I have no problem having Vladdy on the 4th line with PK minutes because he's always been a pretty decent PKer, even if Cooper seemed to completely omit it for 2 years, until Yzerman took his Filppula toy from his hands. We need to find a replacement for Flip's defensive assignment still, and I'm not sure Dumont or Paquette are capable of that on the long term. Vladdy is a cheap, internal solution to that issue. His versatility is a strength in case of injuries moreover.

I agree with this, which is why I would be fine with him hanging around. I don't want to see him in a scoring role ever again, but if he commits to being a great defensive center, he could be a good player. He doesn't have the IQ to be a Bergeron, but he could be a Moore.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I agree with this, which is why I would be fine with him hanging around. I don't want to see him in a scoring role ever again, but if he commits to being a great defensive center, he could be a good player. He doesn't have the IQ to be a Bergeron, but he could be a Moore.

He could be a Kadri.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Actually a pretty good comparison if you completely ignore the difference in their offensive capabilities :laugh:

I'm just saying a guy with offensive hype he fails to live up to early, only to develop an elite defensive game. I doubt he'll ever score 30 though.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Actually a pretty good comparison if you completely ignore the difference in their offensive capabilities :laugh:

Yeah I don't see Kadri at all. We all hoped he would be a more offensive Dominic Moore - turns out he's just an as offensive Dominic Moore.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Yeah I don't see Kadri at all. We all hoped he would be a more offensive Dominic Moore - turns out he's just an as offensive Dominic Moore.

Same stature and physical gifts, pesky and responsible defensively, plays center but are capable on the wing. They are very much alike from the redline back and are somewhat of a pest to play against, but Namestnikov's offensive game isn't in the same zipcode. The offensive part makes a huge difference obviously

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I don't even remember who we're talking about anymore. For some reason I thought the discussion veered toward Namestnikov, but now I'm not sure.

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
I thought we were discussing Gourde this whole time?

No, we are talking about Kadri because not only does every thread on the main board have to include Leafs talk, but ours has now been infiltrated. It’s a virus.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I expect it from the Toronto fans, but from a bolts fan who is bandwagoning for the leafs it is disgusting. He should know better.

I think he might be the other way around?

I had assumed not based on his username and location

I am a Bolts fan. Now, the Leafs were my second team even before the playoffs, and I am rooting for them in the playoffs as the Bolts are out, but the Bolts are my team until I die.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I am a Bolts fan. Now, the Leafs were my second team even before the playoffs, and I am rooting for them in the playoffs as the Bolts are out, but the Bolts are my team until I die.

Wait, what? Stop bandwagoning the Leafs dude. If you were a real Leafs fan then you would have mentioned that before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad