Player Discussion: Yanni Gourde

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
I never saw him in preaseasson for Kraken,he didnt play any regular game,what happened with him? Injured?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I never saw him in preaseasson for Kraken,he didnt play any regular game,what happened with him? Injured?
Yes, end of September they announced he’s out for two months after shoulder surgery. So he should come back in late November / early December if my math is right.

Reactions: Peacefool

garmonbozia

Jan 10, 2006
He's already skating. Was wearing a no contact jersey in practice in the preseason, but already isn't. He accompanied the Kraken on their opening 5 game road trip. I'm not sure he'll get in a game on the trip, but, I bet he's really hoping to go in the home opener next week.

Reactions: Peacefool

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
So I was watching highlights of the Seattle game yesterday, and I’ve NEVER seen anyone look as depressed as Gourde did after both scoring and assisting a goal in a game his team was winning. Was this his usual MO celebration in Tampa or is he just really not happy he got picked by Seattle?

4:06 and 5:12

Guy barely raises his arms and there’s no smile at all, lol.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
So I was watching highlights of the Seattle game yesterday, and I’ve NEVER seen anyone look as depressed as Gourde did after both scoring and assisting a goal in a game his team was winning. Was this his usual MO celebration in Tampa or is he just really not happy he got picked by Seattle?

He had as many chill moments as hype ones. I'll say this much: the Lightning have been together so long it may as well be a family and anyone would be bummed to leave to some degree. But you can't read into this. He just won 2 straight Cups and went to Seattle. That's like asking the dude who won $15 million on a scratch off if he's mad he just won $1 million on the next one he played. Gourde is gonna do just fine for himself

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
That is a bit weird lol. First really good home game performance and win and he's like eh whatever. But yeah hesitant to read too much into it.

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Wow he looks pissed. Usually Yanni would be jumping and smiling after every goal. The guy never took a day off and always played with emotion. Odd one for sure…

Last edited:

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013

He's super competitive. I can imagine buying into the team as-is is pretty tough right now.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
It might not be Seattle he might just be going through personal stuff. Or, there's also the fact that he's a captain now so he feels a need to project a more even keel persona?

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
It might not be Seattle he might just be going through personal stuff. Or, there's also the fact that he's a captain now so he feels a need to project a more even keel persona?

This, wouldn't read too much into it, could be off-ice stuff. He's also in a more prominant leadership role there, he was a kid having fun here. He's producing for them which is what matters.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I remember him not celebrating goals when we already had the lead sometimes. Nothing there imo, sometimes he's all business.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad