Player Discussion: Yanni Gourde

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Will miss the motor that never turned off and the smile that never dimmed. :(

Assisted on a goal...grin.
Scored a goal...big grin.
Fought someone a foot taller....even bigger grin.
Trash talking while on the way to the penalty box...huge fricking grin.
:heart::heart::heart:

Glad he got two Cups with the Bolts. Wish him the best always.:puppy:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
All the best to him. I love that he's in position to be a 1C after being written off most of his career.

That said, we are gonna f***ing hate this guy when he's in another jersey.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
The very picture of a lunch bucket player. We are going to miss him more than we want to admit.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Friday, November 26th, he returns to Amalie to play us. I wonder if Fat Pat picks on him.:sarcasm:

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Hopefully some of that insane non-stop energy in the playoffs rubbed off on most of his teammates and they continue to bring his heart and never slowing down motor to the team next season. Looking forward to Briesbos finding someone with half of his energy and grit!

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Can't remember a guy that left recently that I will miss more than Gourde but was thinking that he's a guy that could see back with the organization at some point. Then I was reading this thread back that year after we extended him and he had his ups and downs over that span. That contract might not look so great in a few years. Love the guy but might have been the right time or rather easiest time to move that contract.

Reactions: Stelio Kontos

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Can't remember a guy that left recently that I will miss more than Gourde but was thinking that he's a guy that could see back with the organization at some point. Then I was reading this thread back that year after we extended him and he had his ups and downs over that span. That contract might not look so great in a few years. Love the guy but might have been the right time or rather easiest time to move that contract.
I was thinking something similar to this yesterday. I never liked the contract to begin with, but then he really started to blossom into a swiss army knife kind of player and found chemistry with Goody and Coleman... and subsequently helped us to back-to-back cups.

I think we'll look back on this and realise that this was indeed the easiest time to move the contract. Of course we'd love him to stay, but given our cap situation I really do think this makes a lot of sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad