Recalled/Assigned: Yann Sauve called up

sdbullet

Dec 19, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
yes because he is an extremely frustrating player who tries to be more than he is, basically he shouldn't even touch the puck unless he is shooting in close or getting a rebound off the goalie. Everytime he touches the puck the play blows up on his stick.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Would people hate Booth so much though, if he was making $708k and toiling in the minors this year instead of $4.2M and featured regularly in an NHL press box? :laugh:

but the thing is that Sauve doesn't even have David Booth caliber tools.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The level of hate for Sauve on this board is hilarious to me. He hasn't lived up to expectations and it's frustrating because he's got so many good tools to work with. But this board so often falls in love with these 'projects' and assorted fringe prospects. It's weird that Sauve seems almost universally disliked. It's like people are actively rooting for him to fail.

With some of the hate he gets, it's like he must have personally slighted some people here. As though maybe he went on a world tour 'round the globe, kicking individual forum members dogs or something. :laugh:

I hope you are not including me in the group of Sauve haters. I have nothing personal against this guy. I am merely discussing his performance on the ice and nothing more. There are players in Utica performing at a much higher level than Sauve. Of our 7 regular D-men he is probably #6 and that's because I am giving him the edge over the lesser used #7.

If you love the guy for whatever reason that is your option the same as it is mine to tell you what I see on a game to game basis. Since his arrival in Utica this has been the case. He started in the #1 pairing and has slowly spiraled downward. His game has become questionable at the AHL level. He is paid a pretty decent buck to do a job at a level deserving of his contract. You seem to be saying he once played very well. That's cool. Maybe he will break out of this "slump". Right now he isn't holding up[ his end of the bargain.

Again, I assure you it is nothing personal. I don't even own a dog.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
but the thing is that Sauve doesn't even have David Booth caliber tools.

I think that's irrelevant to a point. Sure a lot of the frustration stems from what we have seen from Booth but that was 2 years ago and he's a different person now. But sure as hell he wouldn't be such a maligned topic around here if he made $3.5M less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad