Recalled/Assigned: Yann Sauve called up

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Yann Sauve is a defensive defenseman who tries to play like an offensive defenseman. He shouldn't even be on Utica nevermind bear an 'A'. The number of times I've seen him rush up the ice and abandon his post is laughable. He should not be playing NHL games this year.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Loving the positivity in this thread. Im willing to bet most of you have seen him play less than 5 times and are regurgitating the opinions of other posters who have also likely never seen him play.

I've seen every game he has played in Utica this year and I work not to close my eyes every time he touches the puck. Worse is his effort to play an oncoming opponent. Poke check, miss, chase. He rarely plays the man. He is almost as bad as a traffic cone would be. Then again the cone won't pass the puck into its own slot.

I'd love to cut the guy some slack, but it's always the same old same old. Good luck.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Yeah, I don't get this. At all. It's like the Canucks have an established order of prospects they call up, regardless of how everyone is playing on the farm. It seems after the primary defense call-up, Sauve is usually the next on the list. Maybe I'm just imagining things but it seems like it.

Why are the Canucks so hesitant to call up guys like Andersson or Grenier. They're pretty green, yes, but they'are actually doing well! You'd think after such crappy drafting and development in the recent past, management would want to see some of these gems play some games in the NHL.
To be fair, no one really expected Lain to come up. Think it's time for him to go back down though.

Also love for Archie to get a regular spot in the lineup. I just hate Dale Weise.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I've always like Yann Sauve, don't get the negativity on him. I know MS isn't fond of him but I wonder how many of his naysayers have actually watched him in-depth.

Outside99*

This is going to be interesting because you have to think Sauve and Corrado will not play much - one of the players said who's next in regards to injuries to dmen (meaning they're overplayed, playing injured, WHY)

not sure why they didn't just sign Huskins and call him up (I guess he'd have to clear), he was an NHL dman not too long ago after all.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
To be fair, no one really expected Lain to come up. Think it's time for him to go back down though.

Also love for Archie to get a regular spot in the lineup. I just hate Dale Weise.

Once you watch Grenier coast around aimlessly for 4 or 5 shifts, then burst out of nowhere for 15 seconds and then disappear for 2 more shifts, and then give you a minute of unbelievable grit, hustle, drive, and a goal you'll be happy to send this talented, frustration invoking individual back to Utica.

As to Lain, we'll gladly welcome him back. At least we'll have a chance at winning a faceoff again. He also inspires an energy flow that is hard to generate with him missing.

We love Archi here as well. He actually told me that he understands how it works. "You have to pay your dues before you can expect to stay in Vancover." He works hard and his game has little bits of improvement here and there with each additional game. He needs that off-season power skating work. His puck skills need work as well and I can see that evolving.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The level of hate for Sauve on this board is hilarious to me. He hasn't lived up to expectations and it's frustrating because he's got so many good tools to work with. But this board so often falls in love with these 'projects' and assorted fringe prospects. It's weird that Sauve seems almost universally disliked. It's like people are actively rooting for him to fail.

With some of the hate he gets, it's like he must have personally slighted some people here. As though maybe he went on a world tour 'round the globe, kicking individual forum members dogs or something. :laugh:

arsmaster*

The level of hate for Sauve on this board is hilarious to me. He hasn't lived up to expectations and it's frustrating because he's got so many good tools to work with. But this board so often falls in love with these 'projects' and assorted fringe prospects. It's weird that Sauve seems almost universally disliked. It's like people are actively rooting for him to fail.

With some of the hate he gets, it's like he must have personally slighted some people here. As though maybe he went on a world tour 'round the globe, kicking individual forum members dogs or something. :laugh:

I believe the disdain was moreso for him not having earned this recall. Nobody who watches the AHL team is ever happy with Sauve's game.

It was a "paper recall" anyways. He is not going to play and if he does, it's for a showcase.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
David Booth also has good tools to work with.

Would people hate Booth so much though, if he was making $708k and toiling in the minors this year instead of $4.2M and featured regularly in an NHL press box? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad