Yandle - gone. Hanzal - IR. Vermette - gone. Who will the new A's be?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I have to think OEL will at least wear a temp A.

Boedker when he returns?

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Beat me to this ...

OEL seems automatic, and put me down for either Gagner or Vitale.

Let's see who is still here on Tuesday.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The way Ekman-Larsson has been doing so much media and being out in front of the team lately, it's a shoe-in that he's gonna have an A.

The candidates for the second one will depend wholly on how the rest of the trade deadline goes for us.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
OEL said something the other day about having pride, playing hard, and representing the team well. I'm sure someone can find it. First time I've really heard him mutter something a leader would say. Wouldn't mind if he ended up with the A.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
OEL gets the permanent one. The other belongs to Hanzal so it might be a good idea to switch it among a few players the rest of the season.

ibroce

Jul 11, 2014
Hanzal and OEL are pretty much no-brainers for next year, imo.
If Doan is gone, maybe three-way it with Boedker.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
OEL gets the permanent one. No idea for the temp one. Probably Moss because why the **** not.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
OEL gets the first ‘A’, but I think it could make some sense to give the second to Chipchura (although if I’m making the pick, it’s probably Gagner).

It’ll likely go to a forward, and when you narrow it down to the vets, the other options are Korpikoski, Gagner, Erat, and Moss. Off the top of my head, Chipchura is up there in terms of longevity with the club.

The reality is that we have Chipchura signed through next season. If his play doesn’t improve, nobody will want him (as we saw today), so we’re stuck wit him, *unless he’s buried in the minors. So let’s see if we can get him going.

With the roster having such a dynamic change in the last few days, maybe that serves as a wake up call for Chipchura. He can still be an effective player, he just hasn’t been this season. Take the wake up call, slap an ‘A’ on his shirt, and see what happens. In the end it doesn’t really matter, as next year the A’s will belong to Hanzal and OEL.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Chipchura is one of those guys who, when he's playing fast and feisty, is a pleasure to watch and I'm sure he's a real mother ****er to play against.

But Vitale is always that.

We've tossed around the notion of rookies learning at the school of Shane Doan how to be a professional for years. Given how utterly talentless this team is right now, I want to see a team that goes out there with the attitude to just scrap. And nobody on the team has matched Vitale's compete level game in and game out. Insomuch as any of is are qualified to judge this (and we aren't) Vitale is the guy. He's just a dog. Bluest of collars. He's my William Wallace nomination.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad