Yandle - gone. Hanzal - IR. Vermette - gone. Who will the new A's be?

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Chipchura is one of those guys who, when he's playing fast and feisty, is a pleasure to watch and I'm sure he's a real mother ****er to play against.

But Vitale is always that.

We've tossed around the notion of rookies learning at the school of Shane Doan how to be a professional for years. Given how utterly talentless this team is right now, I want to see a team that goes out there with the attitude to just scrap. And nobody on the team has matched Vitale's compete level game in and game out. Insomuch as any of is are qualified to judge this (and we aren't) Vitale is the guy. He's just a dog. Bluest of collars. He's my William Wallace nomination.

So you're basically saying, piss on Eddie Shore. Piss on "old-time hockey."

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
What I love about that scene is that Eddie Shore is one of the baddest mother****ers to ever play the game. He would have finished off Ogie Oglethorpe and still had enough time to help Billy Charlebois beat up Poodle.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Well, we called it. OEL and Moss/Chip. I'd rather have Chip wear it than Moss. You know your team is awful when a 4th liner is wearing an A though.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Really, the only guy they skipped in tenure was Korpikoski, who's never seemed like the leader type....

no matter who they picked for that second temporary 'A', it was gonna be an eye-roller

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Well OEL A's will be permanent.

No next year Doan, Hanzal, OEL.

Make sense.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd have made them wrestle for it.

KRUGER Doan: (Sipping liquor from a flask) How about George Chipchura?

FRANK Tippett: Good thinking, Kruger Doaner. Until you pin me, George Chip, Festivus practice is not over!

GEORGE Chipchura: Oh, please, somebody, stop this!

FRANK Tippett: (Taking off his sweater) Let's rumble!

(Cuts to an outside view of the Costanza's house Gila River Arena)

ESTELLE Moss: I think you can take him, Georgie Chippy!

GEORGE Chipchura: Oh, come on! Be sensible.

FRANK Tippett: Stop crying, and fight your father coach!

GEORGE Chipchura: Ow! .. Ow! I give, I give! Uncle!

FRANK Tippett: This is the best Festivus team ever!

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think the reality is that Chipchura has 20 games to prove he still wants to be in the NHL. I realize he's signed through next season, but that doesn't prevent him from playing in the AHL.

Chipchura has 20 games where needs to go 100% every game, hustle, block shots, punch guys in the face, play smart, etc. Not scoring is fine :sarcasm:

Basically the old Chipchura.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Well, we called it. OEL and Moss/Chip. I'd rather have Chip wear it than Moss. You know your team is awful when a 4th liner is wearing an A though.

Fiddler wore the A in 2010-11 season, I believe. He would be about as close to a 4th liner as I would think...

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Wearing a letter has **** all to do with skill. Not sure why that was even mentioned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad