Yandle Appreciation Thread (See you in a few years)

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
7054808.jpg

TJinAZ

Aug 27, 2004
Man this sucks

But you have to give to get.

Yands did everything asked of him and more. Was a good teammate and team member through some of the darkest times of the franchise and stayed loyal. You just don't see many players with that type of character anymore. We definitely lost a good one. I just feel sorry for Doan. All his buddies off to win the cup and he is home facing losing every game to the end of the season and having to raise all the kids.

Hopefully this is the darkness before the dawn, because it looks pretty bleak right now.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I never thought we'd get rid of him cuz Maloney always said it would have to be a remarkable return and we settled for futures. Sad day, sad year, tough time to be a member of the pack

goyotes

May 4, 2007
Arizona
This one hurts. Plus comments about a 3 - 5 year rebuild are causing me to reconsider my support for this team when it comes time to renew my STs (which I have had since year one). What is the point of following a rebuilding team where it may become a contender exactly when the team can exercise its out option? Looks more and more like we are building a team for Seattle. Fane will not come out to watch this group. I wouldn't expect average attendance over the next couple of years to exceed 13,000 - 14,000.

This was a big hit to the future of the Yotes in the Valley and I believe it signals a strategy to allow the CoG to subsidize significant loses while they build this team for a flip to Seattle. Fans aren't stupid. Coyotes marketing and sales staff is going to hit a lot of brick walls selling tickets with the relocation issue hanging in the air.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Thank you for everything Yandz! While you were a bit of a trainwreck in your own end. You've came a long way since the beginning of your career. You made effort to round out your game every year, and even took power skating lessons to improve an already elite stride. Never given credit when you did play well in your end, and you did at times. Just not a as consistently as most of us would have liked. :laugh: Your vision and stretch passes were jaw dropping. Such a shame you had to pass them to Chipchura instead of an elite player like Nash. Which you will get the chance to do now. Last of all thanks for just being the ultimate professional your whole time here doing it with a great attitude and humor to boot. Your contract is well below your worth and you had nothing but nice things to say about a fan base since the beginning. You were always super excited whenever one of your teammates scored and you will be sorely missed not only in the Coyotes locker room but amongst this fan base. Hope to see you in two years...

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Only 3 pages? Seriously, this guy deserves 25+ page appreciation thread!

So very appreciative to have witnessed Yands grow from a kid into a man. He is a terrific player and a better person.

A few key memories:
-He is the ALWAYS the guy tapping his stick during Salute the Soldier, any tribute for the matter. He has tremendous respect for those who deserve respect.
-All the charity work he has done in the Valley without the need to put his name on a jersey or face on a T-shirt.
-How hard he pleaded with refs to allow Doan's 3rd goal count a couple ago.
- and this http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/9...-phoenix-coyotes-honors-memory-martin-richard

I hope #3, er #93, has the opportunity to carry the Stanley Cup in the not too distant future.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I think he will be back, it didn't make sense to pay his salary next season during a rebuild but after his contract is up in NY after next season he could be coming back to Arizona. Maybe.

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
I think he will be back, it didn't make sense to pay his salary next season during a rebuild but after his contract is up in NY after next season he could be coming back to Arizona. Maybe.

What makes you think this? I don't get that feeling at all.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Doan, Boedker and Hanzal all still have eachother. Smith isn't included because I'm not sure anyone truly likes him :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00