BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
The medical team assures us that they are right on this one:

images

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Is our medical staff completely brain dead? First McD is allowed to finish a game and now Yamamoto, then they’re both out for weeks.

Reactions: Mc5RingsAndABeer

dem

Mar 17, 2002
If it's a high ankle he is probably out until the end of the regular season..
Brutal

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Spector says he just saw Yamamoto walking around with no limp, that's very good news.

I've had the same injury if it was something that severe (mine was worse) not a chance you'd be casually walking around two days later.

Good opportunity for Archibald and Ennis to get good looks playing with high end players.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Not really that odd. Granlund will fill the Benson spot (which probably would have been Ennis originally) and Ennis likely fills Yamamoto's spot.

My +1 was AA, but I guess I forgot Gagner's gone (we need an appreciation thread)... so neutral in terms of bodies until you consider a healthy McD, a returning Kassian and another D-man in Green... you gotta figure we'd be sending a net-number of guys down rather than bringing one up?

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
What is the obscure rule governing Puljujarvi? How come December was the deadline for him to come over rather than the TDL? Do we not have access to other players whose rights we hold but who have not played in NA? I assume not but not sure on the technicalities. You can bring up younger prospects from all levels, right? As raw as Lavoie is, I bet he is still better than some of our options. Benson should be back up - if Granlund is slotting in it should be for Russel or Khaira, not 3rd line duty.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
Spector says he just saw Yamamoto walking around with no limp, that's very good news.

I've had the same injury if it was something that severe (mine was worse) not a chance you'd be casually walking around two days later.

Good opportunity for Archibald and Ennis to get good looks playing with high end players.
Hopefully it's only a week... I can handle that but I REALLY don't want him to miss the rest of the year.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Hopefully it's only a week... I can handle that but I REALLY don't want him to miss the rest of the year.

I doubt it's anywhere that severe if he can walk on it with no limp already.

No need to really rush it with him though, especially with Kassian coming back soon, that can move Ennis down to play in that position and that's a good spot for him.

Reactions: Oilhawks

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Well that sucks though I was surprised he wasn't hurt after that collision turns out he was. Well good thing we got some wingers I would complain a ton about our injuries but then again the Blue Jackets are suffering even worse.

SecretOilersFan

Jul 2, 2015
Calgary
Is our medical staff completely brain dead? First McD is allowed to finish a game and now Yamamoto, then they’re both out for weeks.

And McD was back earlier than expected (the fact he is playing at all is a miracle). I am not going to weigh in too much not my field but they probably didn't notice it until later analysis after Yam kept feeling discomfort after the game. I was seeing this on reddit an ankle injury like this means it could just be a little sore but after the skate is removed it started to inflame/swell. It's hard to tell as soon as it has occurred.

As said in the comments Yam is walking around it probably is a minor injury and he will be out likely for a few games.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Agreed.

We had Yamo play on it after his injury, unless they brought others in the same team misdiagnosed Larsson on a broken leg and McDavid finished the game on his injured quad.

It does raise questions on our medical staff's abilities here.

Or like others have said when adrenaline is pumping and players are fully engage in the game they push to play, they say the pain is a 2 instead of a 7 or 8. With the amount of contact there is in the NHL you can’t just take a player out for the game every time he feels something.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
If he's not limping much its precautionary. Ive sprained my ankle badly before so i feel like I've got an idea on how that goes. Sucks though.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I’m not surprised. It looked like he tweaked it pretty bad originally. Surprised he stayed in the game (at least I think he did). I hope week to week is really only one week. Lol

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I’m not surprised. It looked like he tweaked it pretty bad originally. Surprised he stayed in the game (at least I think he did). I hope week to week is really only one week. Lol

Me too, me too. He really brings a lot to the Draisaitl-Nugent-Hopkins line. I'm not convinced that those two have amazing chemistry on their own without him. That said, It's still a better option than loading McDavid and Draisaitl on one line.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, that one sucks.

You guys have had quite some bad luck with injuries lately and Yamamoto really helped that line with Leon and Nugent-Hopkins.

Though luckily you've got some depth now and McDavid is back as well.

BTW: Does anyone know for how long Neal will be out?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00