Y'all Got Anymore Of That Crack? Meet Gritty, The Flyers New Mascot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
If it’s in the picture, rest assured it is intended.
A friend of said he read something on Facebook last night, so massive grain of salt, but supposedly Bettman wants every team in the league to have a mascot, and Gritty is the result. Gritty is the Anti-Mascot.

I'm in a discord with a couple Spectacor employees/former Flyers employees. According to them, Gritty was not mandated by the league.

Reactions: Rebels57

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The world is dark, evil, menacing, ugly, imperfect, and threatening.

The good that can be found is fleeting, abstract, and complicated.

Sounds like Gritty is pro-world.

He means that he is Pro-World (That Kneels Before Him)

Let the record show, I never left.

I’m still Gritty’s #1 Fan.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I can't wait to see the inevitable first Gritty tattoo.
I'm seriously considering it, but I need to get other work done first. Namely my Caps Stanley Cup Tattoo (As a DC ex-pat and Caps die-hard, I can't have my first hockey ink be the Flyers related). I was too drunk the night we won and the tattoo shop responsibly turned me away.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
look at gritty. if you take commentary on a mascot seriously then you need to step back and reevaluate your life In this era of oversensitivity i am sure someone will throw a mock hissy fit at some point. But until then I think we can all piece together what his background is trying to evoke.

I understand am in agreement with the excessive levels of oversensitivity. At the same time, vocabulary matters, even in something as throwaway as a fake creature's fake bio.

Reactions: Jtown
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad