Speculation: Yakupov's points total

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Wow I get being optimistic but some of these are more prayers than even hopes.

Career high is 33p in 81g. Which is also the only season he has played more than 63 games. If we get 40p out of him in this system I think we should consider ourselves very fortunate and I was a huge fan of the trade it was low risk high reward. I really hope I am wrong.

Came to say basically this.

I'll give him like 28-29 points.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
I think 40pts from him would be a pretty reasonable and good number. First season in a new system, one that he only got like a week to learn, is going to take him some time to get used too.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think 40pts from him would be a pretty reasonable and good number. First season in a new system, one that he only got like a week to learn, is going to take him some time to get used too.

You give a couple reasons why it will be a difficult adjustment, and then predict he will set a new career high in points. I don't really understand that.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
You give a couple reasons why it will be a difficult adjustment, and then predict he will set a new career high in points. I don't really understand that.

I'm setting the over/under bar at 'equal to Brouwer's production'. If he can match that, its a big win in my mind.

I really hope he gets a good break and has something positive happen in the first couple games. I think that will go along way.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
He can hit 20g 40pts or more playing with Fabbri-Stastny.

Not playing with them, he probably ends up in the mid 20s.

I think he gets some time with those two, but not the whole season, so I'll predict 17g 16a.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007

Agreed. Considering that most here seem to be predicting or at least hoping for Yak to have a career year this season, some guessing numbers almost double his previous high...and he's also leading the "who will score the first goal of the season" poll by a lot, I can only assume we are setting ourselves up for disappointment again. But we're excited! Shiny new toy!

I have high hopes for Yak but I just hope we don't expect too much out of him or he's just bound to be a disappointment.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I'd love to see Yak hit 40+ points but I'm not sure how realistic that is. I'd be perfectly happy with him scoring around 15 goals and 30 points if he shows growth in other areas of the game.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Agreed. Considering that most here seem to be predicting or at least hoping for Yak to have a career year this season, some guessing numbers almost double his previous high...and he's also leading the "who will score the first goal of the season" poll by a lot, I can only assume we are setting ourselves up for disappointment again. But we're excited! Shiny new toy!

I have high hopes for Yak but I just hope we don't expect too much out of him or he's just bound to be a disappointment.

Yeah I'm in the same boat. I'm very excited to watch him play, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I want him to be an effective player who we can trust to play even when Schwartz returns. Maybe even one who will work his way up the lineup with his performance. That would be ideal. If we look at what we gave up for him, it's pretty clear there isn't much hope among Edmonton's staff that he's going to be anything of use. As bad as Edmonton has been in recent years, I still think their management knows a hell of a lot more about the game than I do, so that has me a bit pessimistic about it. I'm still thrilled we took a flier on him(and not the Hawks), but I just don't think he's going to live up to the expectations(or maybe not expectations, but hopes) in this thread.

RORbacon

May 14, 2014
Central Illinois
I'm puzzled how ppl has so big expectations for Yakupov. :shakehead

There is nothing wrong with being optimistic before the season starts. His production will be extremely dependent upon his usage.

It's impossible to see how Hitch and Yeo will use him this season but I assume the high point total predictions (myself included) are based on getting significant PP time at some point, and playing with a more productive center than 21 for a few stretches.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
If he plays mostly in The Top 6 (assuming a lot of PP time) , I'd expect him to score 25 goals and 28 assists, if he plays on Line 3 , with only 2nd PP shift time, I'd expect 18 goals and 24 assists.

In any case, his acquisition knocks Rattie or Jaškin out of The Top 9.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
27 points unfortunately even though I hope he can turn his game around. I don't see him putting up great numbers and will probably be scratched quite a bit during the season. Here's to hoping I'm wrong.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I think he'll get around 20-20. He get very favourable matchups and I expect he'll take advantage offensively. I expect his to terrible defensively, therefore getting low ice time. I'm expecting him to be quite high on the points per 60 stats.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Yakupov will get total points of 3. 0+3 if he plays with Berglund and Jaskin. Sooner then better Schwartz is back he should get better linemates or they could switch now him on better linemates.

He showed tonight flashes his potential, boy has legs, hands and vision of offensive position. Coaching stuff need to get right linemates who are playing fast pace game like him, Stastny + Steen + Fabbri + Tarasenko + Perron. Not Berglund + Jaskin.

No matter how new he's in this team, but it won't help if he has to play with Blues worst players. Berglund and Jaskin. (this is joke)

Wait for it, wait for it.

Thking more can Yakupov play left side?

Code:
Peron - Lehterä - Tarasenko
Steen - Stastny - Fabbri
Yakupov - Berglund - Rattie
Upshall - Brodziak - Reaves

Last edited:

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Anybody bid this yet?