Speculation: Yakupov's points total

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
You guys have a lot of fans in us. We've chatted before, Parayko is the most popular non-Oiler and now Yakupov too, we've all said he's a good kid. It just wasn't working in EDM for both, it's one of those situations where both sides are better off.

It's too bad we're both in the West. I'm cheering for you guys whenever we aren't playing each other.

Indeed...thanks again and GL to the Oilers this year. :)

Willis

Aug 2, 2005
JR just said in his chat that Yakupov is a pretty devout Muslim and that he's pretty stringent morally. If that's the case it wouldn't be surprising that he didn't fit in all that well on a very young team like that.

Another Oilers fan here to wish him the best. Love the kid and hope the thrives for you guys (just not against us). With regards to his faith, I was actually thinking if we had Kadri for example from Toronto that would have helped him as well. But with Tarasenko the Russian aspect will really help. Good Luck Yak and to the Blues.

RickedEm

Apr 26, 2016
STL
Yep, Snipes will enjoy that hit if someone is able to find it on video. I rewatched it a few times on DVR and, seeing it a full speed, it's just a big hit that took a lot of strength to pull off. He had a similar hit on Toews in last year's PO's...Toews looked pretty shocked afterwards.

BenFred mentioned the hit with a pic in a few paragraphs this morning:

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colu...cle_f2ea4de1-7c5a-5acb-b800-34d7b8be4eae.html

https://twitter.com/StLouisBlues/status/786742719641071616?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

CCBC

Feb 18, 2007
Illinois
When Yakupov said "I'm happy to score goal here. And happy to get two points," last night in his post-game interview, do you think he was talking about getting two points in the standings or two points on his stat line? lol

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Same.
Definitely the win.

Yes! Yak's a sincere, non-selfish guy. He wants to help his team, and, at least at this point, is interested in his team winning, and having himself contribute to that, and saving his NHL career, rather than personal aggrandisement, and becoming a "superstar".

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
I'm suprised that so many Oilers fans likes him.

Yak is a good guy and he works hard. Who wouldn't like someone like that? The character assassination he had to deal with from the Eastern media for a couple of years was outrageous.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
I'm happy for Yakupov! Hope the Blues do well, I was a Blues sympathiser that one year my childhood hero Brodeur joined you guys

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
I'm suprised that so many Oilers fans likes him.

I think there would have been a lot more frustration with Yakupov if the Oilers had been well run in recent years. Their fans are acutely aware of the incompetence and that gives slack. It makes it difficult to start pinning failings on players, particularly when they have worked hard and not always been put in appropriate situations.

If the Oilers had been making clear progress in the past 4 years and Yakupov had performed as he had, there would be a different response now.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
How did Yak look in game 3? i was at a wedding and missed the game, watched the game recap, but just curious about how him and the 3rd line played vs NY

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
How did Yak look in game 3? i was at a wedding and missed the game, watched the game recap, but just curious about how him and the 3rd line played vs NY
Didn't notice him too much. He made a few smart plays to get the puck out of the dzone. Given how the Rangers were having their way, it was a big plus.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO

Not bad. They had some chances in the first two periods and didn't stand out as any worse that anyone else in the third when it was full on bomb shelter mode down to 10 forwards and five defensemen.

It's notable I think how much better that line looks with Paajarvi instead of Jaskin. I'd think the Blues need to seriously look at trading Jaskin if all these injuries hadn't hit. He's going to be the 14th forward in a twelve man group here soon.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013

Pretty good but the game as a whole descended into a mad scramble as we lost Gunny, Brodz, and Lehtera...Hitch was rolling three makeshift lines afterwards as well as juggling D-Pairings so not much worthwhile data in this one other than to say Hutton played great for the W.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Looks like he's getting some PP practice time from Lou Korac:
PP units: Stastny/Steen/Tarasenko/Shattenkirk/Pietrangelo

Perron/Berglund/Yakupov/Parayko/Bouwmeester

Then again, with so many people out, that may be all we have :cry:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
He played the PP last game. Looks like the final 2 spots on the 2nd unit are a rotation of Fabbri, Yakupov, and Bouwmeester with Fabbri pretty much being a lock on it.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Even when he struggled in Edmonton, I think he's had decent (at least 40 point) production. If he can bring at least that, without costing more goals than he accounts for, he's a useful player. I'll be surprised if he can't be useful on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad