Eklund Rumor: Yakupov to NJ Devils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfriede2

Aug 8, 2010
Many people haven't figured out Eklund yet. Sure he probably makes up most of the stuff he posts, but he also probably tries to report things he's actually heard, but he'll spin the story. For instance, it seems like everyone here is assuming that Hall is pushing for NJ to trade for Yakupov. That is not what Eklund reported. Instead, he wrote that Hall has talked to NJ about trading for Yakupov - which could mean that someone in the NJ office asked Hall his opinion on Yakupov, and Hall answered. Who knows what Hall said.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Well you have to temper your enthusiasm by remembering that it is only Eklund...but if Yak ends up in Jersey, he could be the answer to a trivia question....When was the last time an NHL team traded two first overall draft picks to the same team in consecutive years?

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ
Eklund throws so much crap against the wall something is bound to stick one of these days. It's just not this rumor haha. But just for fun, the only way I can see this deal getting done is if we send one of Blandisi/Boucher in the trade. I would move Boucher personally and then make a 3rd line of:

Blandisi-Zacha-Yakupov

That'd be an exciting line to watch.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I'm still waiting for Yakupov to Montréal as per Eklund a few months ago...

as a habs fan, I'm not.

Not good enough for top 6, unable to play bottom six. unless we can figure out how to move a guy with a bad contract and put yakupov in the pressbox, I don't see why montreal trades for his purported ( but rarely, if ever, seen) potential.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
They didn't get ripped to shreds in the Hall deal. They traded an asset they had an abundance of for the type of player they needed. In the long run people will understand how good Larsson is and the oilers will be a better team for the trade. Maybe the Oilers could of gotten a 2nd round pick or an ok prospect for Larsson but nothing that would make a difference in the long run.

Another funny thing about the main boards and the Hall for Larsson deal is everyone said we got a superstar for a top for defenseman. Now one of the biggest reasons people on this site say the Devils won't make the playoffs is because we traded Larsson. It can't be both its either one or the other. This place never stops amazing me!

I didn't say they were ripped to shreds IN the Hall deal, I just said that they were ripped to shreds in the media FOR the Hall deal. Which is true.

Hall Traded In Possibly Oilers Worst Trade Since Gretzky

Have the Edmonton Oilers made a huge mistake trading Taylor Hall?

The Canadiens and Oilers just made two of the worst trades in recent NHL memory

Oilers' Return In Taylor Hall Trade With Devils A Colossal Failure

And then there's this article that shows some initial reactions from media members/fans that includes quotes like "The Oilers just traded Taylor Hall for a handful of beans. And not even magic beans. Like they reached into a dented can of baked beans."

Another trade between Edmonton and Jersey will just bring back this storm, especially if it's sending Yak to the Devils. Does that point amaze you?

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
If im the Leafs, I offer the option of trading a few players for Yak. Try and get rid of some contracts, and take a chance at a more boom-bust project in Yak.

Leivo - looks NHL ready
Greening - think hes been passed by the Leafs youth, but had a heck of a run with us last year post trade.
Hunwick - Same as Greening, played a hell of a lot of minutes for us last year and looked serviceable, but I think hes been passed by the young guys the Leafs have been grooming.

for
Yak
mid round pick

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
If im the Leafs, I offer the option of trading a few players for Yak. Try and get rid of some contracts, and take a chance at a more boom-bust project in Yak.

Leivo - looks NHL ready
Greening - think hes been passed by the Leafs youth, but had a heck of a run with us last year post trade.
Hunwick - Same as Greening, played a hell of a lot of minutes for us last year and looked serviceable, but I think hes been passed by the young guys the Leafs have been grooming.

for
Yak
mid round pick

So Edmonton gives up the better prospect, since Yakupov is still better than Leivo, and then has to add a pick, all for the privilege of of taking on two veteran depth players that they don't need?

Edmonton would be better off waiving Yakupov, and I'm not sure I'm kidding.

madhi19

Just the tip!
Jun 2, 2012
Cold and Dark place!
twitter.com
as a habs fan, I'm not.

Not good enough for top 6, unable to play bottom six. unless we can figure out how to move a guy with a bad contract and put yakupov in the pressbox, I don't see why montreal trades for his purported ( but rarely, if ever, seen) potential.
Well it made some sense before they signed Radulov. The Habs been looking to fill that hole for five years. If Radulov fill the net he get extended before you know it. It a shame Yakupov is a RW instead of a LW. Did anybody ever tried him on the left?

So Edmonton gives up the better prospect, since Yakupov is still better than Leivo, and then has to add a pick, all for the privilege of of taking on two veteran depth players that they don't need?

Edmonton would be better off waiving Yakupov, and I'm not sure I'm kidding.
Take that trade minus the pick and at least you won't lose the guy for nothing now on waiver or worse during the expansion draft.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Well it made some sense before they signed Radulov. The Habs been looking to fill that hole for five years. If Radulov fill the net he get extended before you know it. It a shame Yakupov is a RW instead of a LW. Did anybody ever tried him on the left?

Radulov took away one of those top 6 spots but even sans radulov, I don't see Yakupov scratching any itch on the habs. He might ( MIGHT) be okay as a complimentary coat tail rider, but I don't think he's EVERY shown that he deserves to be on a line with a player he could paratisize.

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
as a habs fan, I'm not.

Was ironic to show how Eklund said it was a certain thing the Canadiens were in on Yakupov and now months later, it's the Devils and Yakupov is still in Edmonton.

workedforme

Oct 20, 2006
Not only is this guy a total hack, this makes it pretty clear he doesn't even watch hockey. Hall pretty visibly hated Yakupov in Edmonton. Matter of fact it wouldn't surprise me one bit if some of Halls more candid interviews since the trade were edited and actually read something like "I'm still upset about the trade, but at least I won't have to see Nail more than twice a year."
The fact HF continues to allow this nonsense to be posted while deleting other equally unqualified rumour mongers is just another mark against this site.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
C'mon Devils... make this deal! It's most likely very affordable and we could use another talented winger. He's an RFA after this season as well. No cap risk.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Eklund is a fraud. Please block his fake "rumors" from being posted.

hidek91

Jan 13, 2014
Warsaw, PL
Eklund is a fraud. Please block his fake "rumors" from being posted.

This^

I've stopped visiting his page and by not talking about his "rumors", we make sure that amount of clicks he gets decreases so maybe one day Eklund will get a real job :naughty:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
There was a rumor I can't currently source that the Devils and Edmonton had a deal in place at the draft, Yakupov for a 3rd; the deal fell through because Chiarelli asked for an additional asset at the last minute. Shero then went and spent the 3rd on Bennett instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille