Eklund Rumor: Yakupov to NJ Devils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Yea I was looking at NJD lines and saw a lot had him as a scratch or in the AHL.
Thats who i'd target in a Yak trade. Need someone who can project to be a #3C for us, as I feel one of Nuge or Drai will shift to wing to maximize their potential (or get dealt eventually).

As for Josefson, we have out own struggling swedish C in Anton Lander. Good defensively, decent at face-offs, had great flashes offensively, and is a good leader. BUT he isn't consistent enough to be a longterm solution at #3C. Really let us down last season.

No interest in trading Blandisi for Yak. None.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
What position is Yakupov, LW or RW. Did he get along with Hall? I'd imagine the Devils would do no such trade without talking to Taylor Hall first, to get his opinion on his character. If Hall approved I would take the chance on Yakupov. No one needs a change of scenery more than that guy, his confidence is shot to say the least.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Loool. Yes, I'm sure the Ducks would love an 11-goal winger as the centerpiece for their young top four D.

Well Murray asked for Jamie Benn but Dallas said no!

Lindholm and Rakell need to be signed, how's that getting done? Stoner for a 7th, Despres for a 3rd?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Wait a minute, hasn't he posted this rumor before just with slightly different details?

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
After getting ripped to shreds for the last trade, why would Edmonton make another deal with NJ? And they would be giving them another former 1st overall pick, to boot? I don't care how badly Yakupov has done recently, to trade him to Jersey now is guaranteed to be media suicide.

Just one of the many, many reasons this isn't happening. Absolute garbage from this "insider."

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I gave up on Edmonton ever trading Yak. I also gave up on playing the jackpot. Both are a waste of time.

Only way he leaves is at age 27. :shakehead

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
After getting ripped to shreds for the last trade, why would Edmonton make another deal with NJ? And they would be giving them another former 1st overall pick, to boot? I don't care how badly Yakupov has done recently, to trade him to Jersey now is guaranteed to be media suicide.

Just one of the many, many reasons this isn't happening. Absolute garbage from this "insider."

They didn't get ripped to shreds in the Hall deal. They traded an asset they had an abundance of for the type of player they needed. In the long run people will understand how good Larsson is and the oilers will be a better team for the trade. Maybe the Oilers could of gotten a 2nd round pick or an ok prospect for Larsson but nothing that would make a difference in the long run.

Another funny thing about the main boards and the Hall for Larsson deal is everyone said we got a superstar for a top for defenseman. Now one of the biggest reasons people on this site say the Devils won't make the playoffs is because we traded Larsson. It can't be both its either one or the other. This place never stops amazing me!

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
I would take the chance on Yakupov as a Devils fan. I think we could hit a home run if we got Yak cheap. What would oilers fans want?

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Id do a conditional 2nd for Yak at this point. If we advance one round in the playoffs and he plays X # of games/minutes, otherwise its a 3rd.

Not interested in giving up a player for him.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Yakupov would be an even better cheap acquisition than Palmieri was for them last year. Hall-x-Yak would be deadly

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Bahaha Hall asking for Yak?

Man Eklund is just straight up lying.

nzoilerfan

May 18, 2011
Give us a youngish bottom six winger with good foot speed and you can have Yak. His game has improved from what I've seen and was robbed on three chances in his last game. NJ needs more offense and he can provide that.

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
What position is Yakupov, LW or RW. Did he get along with Hall? I'd imagine the Devils would do no such trade without talking to Taylor Hall first, to get his opinion on his character. If Hall approved I would take the chance on Yakupov. No one needs a change of scenery more than that guy, his confidence is shot to say the least.

The funny thing is from all accounts connected to the team is that no, they did not get along.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Hall - x - Yak looked absolutely awful in Edmonton in the limited times they tried it out. I don't think x was the issue.:laugh:

The best Yakupov has ever looked was playing with Hall in his rookie year. People on the Oiler forum always wanted that combination during Yakupovs first 2 years.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Serious question: If HF creates a petition to remove Eklund and his tag as a reputable source, would the site go through with it?

The Eklund tag is not there to endorse or represent Eklund as a reputable source of rumors.

The tag is there so posters can easily identify threads with Eklund as a source and decide whether or not they want to participate in the discussion. If folks don't care for this thread the forums are filled with thousands of other discussions they can participate in. No one is forcing you or anyone else to read these threads.

And the folks that like to come into these threads and spam them with anti-Eklund comments are doing a disservice to their follow HFB members by making it harder for them to have an on-topic discussion.

ghdi

Feb 4, 2009
NJ
Yakupov would be an even better cheap acquisition than Palmieri was for them last year. Hall-x-Yak would be deadly

Bit hard to go that far right now. Palmieri was a 30 goal scorer without Taylor Hall on this team.

I do think Yakupov would thrive in Hynes' system, regardless of who he's playing with. He just seems like a guy that needs a change of scenery.

DevilsFanInFla

Feb 28, 2014
I'd love to get Yak but definitely only with Hall's blessing. He's the centerpiece for this team, offensively at least, and I wouldn't want to create drama where it isn't necessary. If he said he wanted him here though, most definitely. It's as close to no risk as you can get. Yak's value is not good right now, he's asked for a trade (not sure if he has rescinded that or not), and he hasn't impressed the coaching staff from what I've read. We have cap space out the you know what so his salary is a non-issue. I would love to see it happen but in all reality, I don't see it getting done. Not that the price wouldn't be agreeable for both sides, just that training camp has shown us some pleasant surprises and I am not sure they want to make that move right now. If injuries hit or people underperform on our end though, it wouldn't shock me at all.

big ape

Jan 28, 2011
Edmonton

Hilarious, getting Hall to comment on someone character. Hall is the biggest douchbag in the NHL. And it's not a secret. Seen it firsthand. It's why we got so little for him. But getting him away from McDavid was critical. Keep a eye on Hall and his impression of a human Zomboni ( falls down all the time for no apparent reason ( like he's playing drunk). Also watch as he over carries the puck and either makes a totally bonehead giveaway in his own zone or just as he crosses the offensive blue line. Yeah he will get points and make good plays ,but the fact that hes a douchbag of a human being means we won the trade.
As far as Yak goes. He has immense talent that has been shattered by Eakins. He lives and breaths hockey. His hockey IQ has also been shattered. If he could ever get his game back he would be a keeper. And yeah Hall was a douchbag to him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca