Eklund Rumor: Yakupov to NJ Devils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hot Rumor this morning..

Talking to an NHL source there is a rumor out there that Taylor Hall has been talking to the Devils about NJ acquiring Nail Yakupov. There are reports out there today that Yakupov will be starting the season in the press box in Edmonton. Remember that Yakupov asked for a trade last season and really hasn't fit in with the Oilers, despite improving his two-way play on the ice and still being extremely young and talented offensively

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...esIsles-Deal-NYICARCLB-Previews-Buzz1/1/79673

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
Everyone is going to expect an overpayment after landing Hall for Larsson. But I'd love another 1st OA on NJ. Shero would have found a way to tank without tanking.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Id give a 3rd if I were NJ

If it doesn't work, let him walk after the year when his contract is up

definitely worth the risk to give that pick up

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Hot Rumor this morning..

Talking to an NHL source there is a rumor out there that Taylor Hall has been talking to the Devils about NJ acquiring Nail Yakupov. There are reports out there today that Yakupov will be starting the season in the press box in Edmonton. Remember that Yakupov asked for a trade last season and really hasn't fit in with the Oilers, despite improving his two-way play on the ice and still being extremely young and talented offensively

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklu...esIsles-Deal-NYICARCLB-Previews-Buzz1/1/79673

Lol. I do not see hall pushing for yak on his team again

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
We have far to many forwards on the roster, both in terms of veterans and all these young players who has impressed more then expected (Speers, Blandisi, Boucher, Wood, and of course Zacha all looking great in camp)

Hall / Zajac / Palmieri / Henrique / Cammy / Bennett / DSP / Fiddler / Kalinin / Josefson / Zacha / Wood / Boucher / Speers / Blandisi / Boucher /

All of those guys are either on the NHL team, or have played well enough to be on it. Why add another guy ?

edit: Forgot how amazing Lappin has been all camp and pre-season. Add him on there to

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Hall would probably be veto'ing a Yak to NJ deal not pushing for it.
Eklund is throwing poo at walls again. Sorry but dis one aint stickin

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I find it odd that Hall would make that request. Did they play together much in Edmonton?

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
How high are Devs on Blandisi. I like C depth.
Edit: Not blandish - Blandisi

Last edited:

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
How high are Devs on Blandish. I like C depth.

We like him alot. Tons of speed, talent and solid defensively to

That being said he could be dealt only because of how many forward prospects have stepped up, not for Yakupov though

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
I'd offer more. If there's any interest in Josefson I'd do JaJo + 2nd or 3rd. Maybe Boucher since LW is deep (enough).

If we are looking to move Boosh it should be with a + for Fowler, not Yak!
And I am ok with JaJo going but not with a 2nd/3rd, in fact Yak's value is so low JaJo is overpayment (based on other posters comments)

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Hahaha. Ahahaha.

Taylor Hall is pushing for Yakupov? The same Taylor Hall who Yak quoted as being the reason he didn't ever spend time with McDavid, as the two were roommates? That Taylor Hall?

I might have kind of believed Shero would target Yak over Hall's objections due to his unrealized potential, but there's no way in hell he would have asked specifically for the kid. They were never a great fit on the ice and it seems as though they didn't commiserate off of it.

Last edited:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Hahaha. Ahahaha.

Taylor Hall is pushing for Yakupov? The same Taylor Hall who Yak quoted as being the reason he didn't ever spend time with McDavid, as the two were roommates? That Taylor Hall?

I might have kind of believed Shero would have targeted Yak over Hall's objections due to his unrealized potential, but there's no way in hell he would have asked specifically for the kid. They were never a great fit on the ice and it seems as though they didn't commiserate off of it.

Agreed 100%.

It's one thing for Eklund to throw ideas out there - whether realistic or not - but this rumour can be shot down with the slightest amount of research. Does this guy even try anymore?

Jerzey Devil

Jerzey-Duz-It
Jun 11, 2010
St. Augustine, FL
If we are looking to move Boosh it should be with a + for Fowler, not Yak!
And I am ok with JaJo going but not with a 2nd/3rd, in fact Yak's value is so low JaJo is overpayment (based on other posters comments)

I don't think Bouch gets us Fowler unless we're adding Zacha or Severson.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
NJ could gove Edm a first rounder for Yak and would still have robbed Edm this offseason

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Serious question: If HF creates a petition to remove Eklund and his tag as a reputable source, would the site go through with it?

Jun 27, 2005
In recent memory he has seemed to have connections within the Flyers and Preds organizations. He has the Richards for Schenn and Simmonds deal before anyone, and was in on the Carter deal (everyone was though). IIRC he also had the much discussed Jones for Johansen deal before most.

Then of course there was the famous Ovechkin for Suter and Weber + deal that no one else had :sarcasm::laugh:

The day of the Kovy arbitration Eklund said that the NHLPA has won. He had a 50 / 50 shot at it and GUESSED wrong. IMO this is the one where he should be banned from HF forever as it clearly shows that he GUESSES and makes things up. There can't be a legitimate source that gets something like that wrong.

What would have happened if he took the 50 / 50 shot and GUESSED right? People would have claimed he is legit. IMO he staked everything on that 50% probability and he GUESSED wrong so he should lose everything.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
We like him alot. Tons of speed, talent and solid defensively to

That being said he could be dealt only because of how many forward prospects have stepped up, not for Yakupov though

Yea I was looking at NJD lines and saw a lot had him as a scratch or in the AHL.
Thats who i'd target in a Yak trade. Need someone who can project to be a #3C for us, as I feel one of Nuge or Drai will shift to wing to maximize their potential (or get dealt eventually).

As for Josefson, we have out own struggling swedish C in Anton Lander. Good defensively, decent at face-offs, had great flashes offensively, and is a good leader. BUT he isn't consistent enough to be a longterm solution at #3C. Really let us down last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad