WJC: Yakupov ready to keep " His Cool" against "Dirty" Canadians

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
A Canadian player dived. You would never see a European player do that.

No siree.

The hypocrisy by the bleeding hearts in this thread is astounding.

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Funniest part about everyone calling Canada divers is the footage of that "dive" is brutal, it doesnt even happen in the screen and no one sees it.

Everyone is just going off by what Ferraro says, Scheifele definitely got cross checked in an off balance position is all we realy know for sure on that play, not how big or little the dive was

Nacho

Special
Aug 8, 2005
Learn how to take a hit. This is hockey. People sounding like babies over hits no one would raise an eyebrow for 10-15 years ago.

Learn to take a hit, yeah sure... kinda hard though when the opponent is coming full speed for the soul purpose to knock you out...

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Learn to take a hit, yeah sure... kinda hard though when the opponent is coming full speed for the soul purpose to knock you out...

It was a clean, hard, hit.

Hockey is a man's game. It was designed with full body contact in mind. You don't hear rugby or American football players whining about hard hits.

craigcaulks*

Is the dive by Scheifele the one on that knee from the first period? Or is it later in the game?

I really hope people arent calling Canada divers because of that play lol

I think a lot of people let Ray Ferraro tell them what to think.

Kershaw

It's tough being the best, have to deal with all the **** slinging from inferior teams.

Are you referring to Russia? The team that has eliminated Canada the past 2 years?

The team that is first in IIHF rankings?

craigcaulks*

Are you referring to Russia? The team that has eliminated Canada the past 2 years?

Yes yes, the same rankings that have Slovakia ranked ahead of the US.

It's unfortunate for Canada that we lose so many U20 guys to the NHL for this tourney. This is a rare year when they are all there.

12345*

Clearly, you are the fan with a box of nachos and cheese, having never played the game.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Yes yes, the same rankings that have Slovakia ranked ahead of the US.

It's not the IIHF's fault that Slovakia decided to win the World Championship out of the blue and the US was one goal away from relegation to pool B a few years ago. Would you prefer they base their rankings on common perceptions of a country's stature?

craigcaulks*

It's not the IIHF's fault that Slovakia decided to win the World Championship out of the blue and the US was one goal away from relegation to pool B a few years ago. Would you prefer they base their rankings on common perceptions of a country's stature?

It is their fault that the tournament that decides which team is "the best in the world" lol is played when the best players from the US are playing in the NHL. I do not believe that Slovakia is better than the US. I also do not believe that Finland is better than Sweden or Canada. The IIHF is free to believe that though.

Stoneberg

Bored
Nov 10, 2005
Halifax

The fact that you place any merit in the IIHF rankings almost completely discouraged me from bothering to respond but I'll bite because I'm bored.

No, I mean the country that has won two of the last three actual best on best tournaments, and half the world juniors in the last decade (not to mention silver in four of them).

I'm not here to argue that the WC's are irrelevant because I know they're important to Europeans, I just don't give any weight to them when determining international prowess in hockey. Canada and the US are sending their Z-teams and European hockey powers are sending B and C teams to the WC's. I think that the WJC's, over an extended period (decade, for example), give a good indication of what country is consistently producing the best hockey players because (aside from a few studs who make the NHL right away) it is generally the best each country has to offer in that age group. Hand in hand with Olympic results I think this paints a much clearer picture of the international hockey powers.

craigcaulks*

The fact that you place any merit in the IIHF rankings almost completely discouraged me from bothering to respond but I'll bite because I'm bored.

Canada and the US are sending their Z-teams and European hockey powers are sending B and C teams to the WC's.

The WC props up weaker nations as they tend not have less of their players in the NHL. I was surprised to hear today that Slovakia has zero players drafted in 2012. That is one less than the UK.

Fortheloveofthegame

Mar 18, 2008
USA
Nail made his comments, now he has to back that up, especially with Jenner coming back for the game against Russia he'd better keep his head up, Jenner hits hard.

Jenner has been suspended two years in a row. As far as I am concerned, I love Canadians playing "hard" but, as Nail said, they can be very dirty! Already this tournament losing players to suspensions more than any other team! If Jenner can't control his emotions, he will be gone for the tournament. ( I am guessing the refs will have a close eye n him )

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
It is their fault that the tournament that decides which team is "the best in the world" lol is played when the best players from the US are playing in the NHL. I do not believe that Slovakia is better than the US. I also do not believe that Finland is better than Sweden or Canada. The IIHF is free to believe that though.

Games are not played on the paper. Slovakia was in WHC finals last year, Russian won that torunament while Finland won two years ago. The current ranking is pretty clear. It is you own problem that NHL schedules games during WHC. And it is of course you right to believe that Canada is always the best team.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Hitting someone with the intent to knock them out certainly can be charging according to the rules.

Since it's impossible to ascertain Camara's intent without making baseless assumptions, that "rule" doesn't apply.

The hurried statement the IIHF put out should have put this to bed anyways.

craigcaulks*

Since it's impossible to ascertain Camara's intent without making baseless assumptions, that "rule" doesn't apply.

The hurried statement the IIHF put out should have put this to bed anyways.

The original post mentioned the "sole purpose" was to knock him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad