Player Discussion Yak Talk Part IV: It's nearly time... For camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
Much as I would love to see significant improvement out of Nail Yakupov this year, to be blunt, I expect to be disappointed yet again.

If he remains a middling contributor, then it would be best for all involved if he isn't with the team by the time the 2017-18 season rolls around, even if that means letting him go without getting anything (of significance) in return.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Work out the cap space with McDavid, Drai and Pulju all on their 2nd contracts and you'll see we can't afford Ebs. He's no longer part of the core. Drai, McDavid, Pulju, RNH, Klef and Larsson are.

Lots of other ways to solve any pending cap issues down the road. You have been trying to justify an Eberle trade for a while now.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The writing is on the wall. Ebs will not be getting extended so he either walks or gets traded between now and 3 years. So on the right will look like Pulju, Yak, Platzer/Slepy.

Probably not the end of the world tbh and if he wants to stick around (assuming the team starts winning) then he'll have to take a serious pay cut. We'll see what happens with the cap, but I still want this team to keep the 3C's long-term and surround them with some nice complimentary players (hopefully a good portion through drafting to keep them cheap). Puljujarvi of course would be the one star winger to keep around long term.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Much as I would love to see significant improvement out of Nail Yakupov this year, to be blunt, I expect to be disappointed yet again.

If he remains a middling contributor, then it would be best for all involved if he isn't with the team by the time the 2017-18 season rolls around, even if that means letting him go without getting anything (of significance) in return.

If he can be a 20-20 guy who's willing to play a physical game and continue to work on his defensive game (and get it to a point where he's not a defensive concern, he definitely improved last year imo), then why not keep him around? I have no problem paying him 3-3.5M if he can find some consistency and provide that in the middle 6.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
The writing is on the wall. Ebs will not be getting extended so he either walks or gets traded between now and 3 years. So on the right will look like Pulju, Yak, Platzer/Slepy.

Yak wont be here by that time, he'll be gone in the expansion draft. I doubt Platzer/Slepy are regulars in the NHL any time soon. Eberle may be gone if Puljujarvi develops into a top 6 winger but that is three years down the road. There will be a lot of player movement between now and then.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

Platzer and Slepyshev are your run-of-the-mill long-shot prospects. Neither of them has been particularly impressive at this point so I might hold off on writing them into any future lineups at the moment.

Eberle is currently one of our primary offensive producers, so I'd hold off on the talks about letting him walk. Especially when your replacements for him are a struggling winger, a guy who's never played a pro game in North America and two guys who've put in meh years in a lesser league.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Not even close, I find it funny that posters who have a personal agenda against a player seem to think Management feels the same way. Eberle will put up close to a ppg this season. One of the few rh shots and proven goal scorer. Your theory is out to lunch.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Platzer and Slepyshev are your run-of-the-mill long-shot prospects. Neither of them has been particularly impressive at this point so I might hold off on writing them into any future lineups at the moment.

Eberle is currently one of our primary offensive producers, so I'd hold off on the talks about letting him walk. Especially when your replacements for him are a struggling winger, a guy who's never played a pro game in North America and two guys who've put in meh years in a lesser league.

Neither was Rieder. They will likely never put Ebs numbers but I think we can expect 40 points middle 6 players that provide a 2-way game for a fraction of what Ebs cost. That's good enough considering we have McDavid-RNH-Drai down the middle. The wingers don't have to be expensive elite players.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Not even close, I find it funny that posters who have a personal agenda against a player seem to think Management feels the same way. Eberle will put up close to a ppg this season. One of the few rh shots and proven goal scorer. Your theory is out to lunch.

If you think Eberle will be extended once his contract is up, you must think the management operates with an unlimited cap space.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
If you think Eberle will be extended once his contract is up, you must think the management operates with an unlimited cap space.

Who knows where the cap will be at when Eberle is to re-sign in 19/20 also where the team is at or what Eberle ask will be. There was no way the team was supposed to be able to keep all of RNH Hall YAK And Eberle due to cap lol Hall is gone but we have Lucic making same plus we have added a 4 million + dman another 4 million dman in Klefbom and still have cap space. If the team is on the verge of a cup I can see Eberle staying for a reasonable cap hit considering he already by that time has made 40 million in his career.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Who knows where the cap will be at when Eberle is to re-sign in 19/20 also where the team is at or what Eberle ask will be. There was no way the team was supposed to be able to keep all of RNH Hall YAK And Eberle due to cap lol Hall is gone but we have Lucic making same plus we have added a 4 million + dman another 4 million dman in Klefbom and still have cap space. If the team is on the verge of a cup I can see Eberle staying for a reasonable cap hit considering he already by that time has made 40 million in his career.

What do you think is reasonable for a UFA who made 6M during his RFA contract? Eberle's money will be used on Pulju next contract. Yak might be the cheaper alternative but I also see him getting traded

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
What do you think is reasonable for a UFA who made 6M during his RFA contract? Eberle's money will be used on Pulju next contract. Yak might be the cheaper alternative but I also see him getting traded
Sorry man you can't predict the future what if Eberle is putting up a constant 40 goals a year with McDavid and McDavid wants him to stay or if Pul just becomes a average winger .You're putting the cart ahead of the horse . Nothing is certain. Maybe one of Nuge or Draisiatl is moved by that time. You have no idea either do I.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Sorry man you can't predict the future what if Eberle is putting up a constant 40 goals a year with McDavid and McDavid wants him to stay or if Pul just becomes a average winger .You're putting the cart ahead of the horse . Nothing is certain. Maybe one of Nuge or Draisiatl is moved by that time. You have no idea either do I.

Why in the world would the management move two 2-way centers and keep an one dimensional winger? There's a reason why Hall was traded and that they weren't looking to extend him when his contract is up. Same with Ebs. They might extend RNH because of his role and responsibility.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Why in the world would the management move two 2-way centers and keep an one dimensional winger? There's a reason why Hall was traded and that they weren't looking to extend him when his contract is up. Same with Ebs. They might extend RNH because of his role and responsibility.

Youneed goal scoring wingers as well why did Penguins take on a 8 million a year contract for a one dimensional winger? why did they move ot 2 3line 2 way C in Staal and Suter? You have no idea what managements plans are. Whats the use of a bunch of centers if you have no wingers to put puck in net.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Youneed goal scoring wingers as well why did Penguins take on a 8 million a year contract for a one dimensional winger? why did they move ot 2 3line 2 way C in Staal and Suter? You have no idea what managements plans are. Whats the use of a bunch of centers if you have no wingers to put puck in net.

Kessel > Suter, Staal

RNH, Drai > Ebs

Staal also wanted a trade to be with his brothers.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Kessel > Suter, Staal

RNH, Drai > Ebs

Staal also wanted a trade to be with his brothers.
Why they take on Kessel one dimensional ? because they needed goals off the wings it was the Penguins weakest spot in roster. And Btw Kessel has a career ppg of .77 Eberle .78

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010

They might extend him but just like they traded Hall because that's what it took to get the deal done the same thing could happen with RNH. It's way to early to suggest that Eberle or RNH are definitely gone, there are a lot of ways to make the cap work and if things do turn around they might take a home town discount to actually be around while we are winning. It's to early to know. Yak on the other hand is done here barring an incredible season with Hall/Eberle numbers.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
McSuper posted this in another thread

http://oilogger.com/yakupov/2016/09/12/double-standards-and-nail-yakupov/

This definitely belongs here for ppl to read. And should be added to the next thread once this his 1000.:yo:

Yeah...there are multiple flaws with that blog post. I am sure I am not the only one to notice that.

Time is an issue for me at the moment but when time permits I will detail the flaws in much of that blog post.

EDIT: Looks like Dorian2 et al covered most of what I saw in that so called article much earlier on in this thread. That blog post is just a compilation of the apologist position thats been debunked time and time again on here.

Nothing substantive in that article at all.

Now...back to the task of bashing RNH and Eberle in an attempt to show how hard done by Yak has been. :help:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia