Player Discussion Yak Talk Part IV: It's nearly time... For camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Continue

Not comparing the two, just looking at depth at the position. It's awful enough WITH Yakupov.

The PP without a single proven shooter from the point, LWers playing RW, wingers playing the point...aargh. Fix it.

true. but, if I had my druthers, I'd rather McD play with actual first-line players and not a middle six player (Maroon) and a KHL player (Yak).

Never mind he produces better with Eberle...

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I'd rather hold onto him for 1 more year then receive whatever garbage return he will get us at the draft.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
He's gonzo today or this eve one way of another.

He asked out.
The oilers current regime doesn't seem to like him that much and had no interest in elevating his value later last year.

mullet

Aug 2, 2005
I think the reason we see him being pitched in a Montreal deal is to dump him which makes me think existing deal is a bad contract for a bad contract or failed prospect for failed prospect. Not ideal but he painted himself and the organization into a corner.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He does if they use him properly. Again Pittsburgh just showed the way. Hope the braintrust paid attention.

Well gee the Stanley Cup champions are bound to look a lot better than a perennial lottery team. You get hot at the right time and suddenly everything goes your way.

Yakupov scored 2 less goals than a rock (Letestu) and a pylon (Korpikoski). He doesn't put up enough offense.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Sure hope he's still here in 24 hours. And 36. And 3 months from now.

While it's somewhat likely Yak is gone today it could be they don't move him till just before the season. Especially if it's just moving him for a pick. The value of a draft pick gets no higher than today so it makes more sense to move him preseason to someone looking to fill a hole than today.

But he will be moved before next season. I wouldn't be surprised if he failed to report to camp next year cause he wants out.

Leon Draisaitl

German Gretzky
Jun 26, 2014
I'd be shocked if he isn't traded today or tomorrow.

It sucks because he's worth more to us than a 2nd/3rd and if he plays in the top 6, he's a 50+ point player but whatever.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
While it's somewhat likely Yak is gone today it could be they don't move him till just before the season. Especially if it's just moving him for a pick. The value of a draft pick gets no higher than today so it makes more sense to move him preseason to someone looking to fill a hole than today.

But he will be moved before next season. I wouldn't be surprised if he failed to report to camp next year cause he wants out.

I agree completely. One way or another he is not on the ice in spring training. Today brings a decent likely hood of fleshing the situation out but it's going to happen eventually. Tomorrow or after FA maybe more likely

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Hold him one more year, as you will get nothing for him. If he has a great year trade him at the deadline. If not, let Las Vegas pick him up in the dispersal draft.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Just keep him. No good reason to deal him.

Fresh start for the player? Get away from a possible unfortunate distraction it might be next season?

I understand the desire to have it work out. But it's just not going to happen here.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I like Yak... I'd like to see him get a shot in another location and hopefully he can get his game together and become a productive NHL player... if he doesn't succeed in a new environment either... then we'll know for certain that the NHL isn't for him and he can go back to Europe having exhausted his options in NA.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Would rather hold onto him to check if he can find something with JP. Get to see some F balance with this addition.

Oilers haven't had a proper pp playmaker on the left half boards since hemsky/Gagner. Could certainly utilize Yaks one timer for the first time since his rookie year, a year he led this team in goals. Could definitely see an umbrella duo with yak and JP instead of Letestu. Lol.

No it's not strictly about the power play as I do see JP as Halls RW. But fmv isn't looking good for him at the moment. And if it's that bad, it can't hurt them by gambling another season with him.

Personally hoping for a
hall drai pul
Pou Connor yak
Maroon nuge ebs

At least to check it out. For a few games.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I wonder/hope if the Puli pick could change the landscape of the Yakupov situation.

Would Yakupov want to stay if the Oilers management went to him and his agent and said something along the lines of 'We have a deal lined up trading Eberle for Hamonic', will you want to stay if we make the deal?

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Just keep him. No good reason to deal him.

You are right, we cannot get much for him so might as well keep him. On the other hand his ice time will be very limited with the addition of Puljujarvi. How can he get out of a rut without playing much? I wish he would turn his game around but I just don't see it happening with the Oilers and the roster we have now. Give the kid a second chance and trade him, hopefully he finds his mojo someplace else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille