Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Season 8) - Draft set for Oct 6 at 12PM CT (now accepting new managers)

Basalt13

Sep 2, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Out of you're 3 points Duke I only understand one of them and disagree with it. Player Values shouldn't be the Same Goalies>Forwards>Defense with the biggest gap between Goalies and forwards. PIMs helps Defense imo.

As for you're other points who has suggested moving keepers from 7 (which its 8 right now anyway) to 2?

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Not sure why I thought it was 7. Dropping it down one or two keepers might be fine but I don't feel like we should adjust it to benefit new players.

I'm not big on PIMs either just because it's a bit of a negative stat. But if we do add it I would like to possibly see Hits added, with a very low point total of course.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I'm sure we could alter the points system, but it should be noted that the points were set up last season (by Jet Bomber) so that forwards, defenceman and goalies all contributed on a relatively equal and level playing field. Though, obviously defenceman would be a bit lower given they dont accumulate as many points as forwards, for example.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
If we get 7 people voting for an increase in goal value to 1.5, then I'll switch it. That looks like 2 (Juzmo and Basalt) so far.

I don't like this proposal at all. It diminishes the importance of defensemen even more. So my vote is for no, but again, if there's 7 votes then majority rules.

I'm not big on PIMs either just because it's a bit of a negative stat. But if we do add it I would like to possibly see Hits added, with a very low point total of course.

I'm thinking 0.025 per hit and per PIM.

Player Values shouldn't be the Same Goalies>Forwards>Defense with the biggest gap between Goalies and forwards. PIMs helps Defense imo.

As for you're other points who has suggested moving keepers from 7 (which its 8 right now anyway) to 2?

I agree with the bolded, but ideally you want to tighten up the gaps a bit. As far as the keeper numbers, 8 keepers is what was agreed upon a while back, the only reason I'm considering going back on it is because of the expansion teams, it's not exactly fair that they get stuck with rubbish.

Then again, I'm still waiting on 3 managers to renew their registration, so there might not be any need for any expansion after all...*hint hint* ;)

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
If we get 7 people voting for an increase in goal value to 1.5, then I'll switch it. That looks like 2 (Juzmo and Basalt) so far.

I don't like this proposal at all. It diminishes the importance of defensemen even more. So my vote is for no, but again, if there's 7 votes then majority rules.

I vote NO. That's a huge increase.

I'm thinking 0.025 per hit and per PIM.

Something small like that.

I agree with the bolded, but ideally you want to tighten up the gaps a bit. As far as the keeper numbers, 8 keepers is what was agreed upon a while back, the only reason I'm considering going back on it is because of the expansion teams, it's not exactly fair that they get stuck with rubbish.

Tightening it up is more what I meant.

Then again, I'm still waiting on 3 managers to renew their registration, so there might not be any need for any expansion after all...*hint hint* ;)

Bolded

ATHF

行くジェット移動 !!
Jan 13, 2010
Hank, it's cool that I'm going to renew my registration as soon as I am back to civilization on Monday morning? I can't access my email until I am back home...(lame browser and horrible network connection on my phone)...

EDIT: Of course as soon as I complain I can actually log in and register...all good here!

Last edited:

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Would also be ok with some points from penalty minutes.

Edit. When thinking about it more... maybe not increase the goals (maybe to 1.10 just because), but would really want defencemen to get more from blocked shots (at least +0.05, would like +0.10) and goalies getting more from shutouts (since they are pretty rare anyway)

Edit. 4 moves per week please.

Last edited:

Teemu VIII

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 16, 2011
Winnipeg
Not in favor of making many (if any) changes since my team was more or less designed specifically to fit the current format.

Small bump for hits / PIM would be fine by me, I guess. Much else? No thanks.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
Anyone think we should wait for a resolution to the lockout?
I'm just thinking it would suck to draft a player and then they tear an ACL in Switzerland.

EDIT: Someone wanna PM the league details, I had it saved somewhere and can't find it.

Last edited:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Just a reminder to select your 8 keepers before the Friday deadline.

EDIT: I've updated the scoring system. 0.1 points per hit and 0.05 points per PIM.

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Just a heads up, I won't make it. Although, I'm not too concerned with the draft considering we don't know when the season will start. :(

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Draft order:

1. Capt Mal's Fireflies
2. Atlanta Jets
3. Pat Falloon Allstars
4. Quebec Pizza
5. JB United
6. Dumpster Babies
7. Wpgsilver
8. Voyageurs
9. Alan's Wolfpack
10. Oglethorpes
11. Cletus's Cooters
12. ParkCounty PW Hockey

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Good thing I traded during the last season for pics 4th and 8th in the 1st round :handclap:

Looking forward for the draft tonight! best luck to all!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad