Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Season 8) - Draft set for Oct 6 at 12PM CT (now accepting new managers)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I will get signed back up when I get off work tonight. Does anyone remember what we agreed upon for the amount of keepers? or what was decided.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Draft isn't until October 6th! :laugh:

Guerzy's been busy at the moment, he'll get everything worked out.

We've got a free team, one of our managers isn't returning. I've let Guerzy know that you're in.

Two in a half weeks away. Time flies you know. Just saying. It's been two weeks since this thread started. I just don't want us having to squeeze everything in at the last moment. Plus, I think we should discuss changing the points awarded for certain stats. You know, to try and level the playing field for all positions.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Should probably try to hurry up and get this set up for everyone. I believe I set my keepers.

What's gonna happen with me? I am not a returning lol, Guerzy seems alright with that, but I don't have keepers...pretty unfair if I don't have access to the best players ...we'll see, maybe I'll be a true "expansion" team :laugh:

Basalt13

Sep 2, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Wow whomever had control over the team I took over was horrible lmao. We need to keep 8 people? There are MAYBE 3 that I would actually want to keep. Gonna be a tough season, or lots of trades after the draft.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Ok, so let's get down to business.

First of all, a big welcome the new commissioner: me! :D Guerzy will be staying on as co-commissioner. Also, welcome to our new league members: Basalt13, Shakey Rustie, and Holden Caulfield. Basalt and Shakey will be taking over pre-existing teams, while Holden gets his ass stuck with a crappy expansion team.

All kidding aside, this is one of the big issues we'll have to get around, how to allow Holden (and possibly another expansion team) to be somewhat competitive in their first season. I've got a couple of ideas in mind, and I'm certainly open to suggestions.

Another issue will be rule changes. From what I've gathered, the one consensus was a transaction limit of some sort. At first I considered a 50 transaction limit per season, but now I see that weekly transaction limits can be implemented. I'm thinking a weekly max of 3 is probably fair. Any suggestions as far as modifications to the scoring system?

Oh and one more thing, the 8 keepers isn't etched in stone. I'm thinking the expansion draft will possibly involve some loss of keepers, but again, I'll welcome other suggestions.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Wow whomever had control over the team I took over was horrible lmao. We need to keep 8 people? There are MAYBE 3 that I would actually want to keep. Gonna be a tough season, or lots of trades after the draft.

Yeah man, your team was basically allowed to rot. I'm not sure if it was autopicked or not, but there's very little talent there.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I agree with 3 moves a week. As for the keepers...I feel it should be reduced to 3 or 4 but not reset as there were draft picks traded last season for this years draft.

And congrats on the commissioner position!!!

Last edited:

Basalt13

Sep 2, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I would say 5 moves per week, as for Keepers set it at 4-5.

Also about the draft picks, am I automatically last in each round or will it be random?

Also will there be some adjustment to the scoring system? Goals and Assists worth the same? That's not right.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
And congrats on the commissioner position!!!

7128903.bin

I can neither confirm nor deny that I thank you for these congratulations.

Also about the draft picks, am I automatically last in each round or will it be random?

It'll be in order of finish last year, you'll be somewhere near the top. I'm just not absolutely sure how I want to order things with the expansion team(s) coming in. I'm leaning towards a lottery.

Also will there be some adjustment to the scoring system? Goals and Assists worth the same? That's not right.

Umm...really? That's the Yahoo! default, I've seen very few leagues where it's scored differently.

Like I said in the earlier post, I'm taking all suggestions on rule changes. If there's a majority wanting goals weighted more than assists, we'll change it. I know what my vote will be.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Can you move up the deadline to submit keepers?

I cant make the draft day and I'd like to set my predraft rankings so having more than a day to do it would be nice.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
For the expansion teams this is what I suggest:

The top 3 picks of every round be given to
A) the person who finished last last year
B) Expansion Team 1
C) Expansion Team 2

You then rotate the picks each round like so (1st pick, 2nd pick, 3rd pick):
Round 1: A, B, C
Round 2: B, C, A
Round 3: C, A, B
Round 4: A, B, C
and so on

If A doesn't own his pick for any of the rounds then substitute him for whichever manager does own that pick.

Basalt13

Sep 2, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Not adjusting the actual stats used (which I would do if it were up to me) But using the existing stats I would have them at...

Goals (G) 1 -----2
Assists (A) 1
Plus/Minus (+/-) 0.5
Powerplay Goals (PPG) 0.5
Powerplay Assists (PPA) 0.5
Shorthanded Goals (SHG) 1
Shorthanded Assists (SHA) 1 ----0.5
Game-Winning Goals (GWG) 1
Shots on Goal (SOG) 0.20
Blocks (BLK) 0.25

Goaltenders Stat Category Value
Wins (W) 2.5 ----- 3
Losses (L) -1
Goals Against (GA) -0.50
Saves (SV) 0.10
Shutouts (SHO) 1 -----2

Also something like PIMS would be better than blocks imo. Anyone else agree?

Juzmo

Nov 17, 2009
Another issue will be rule changes. From what I've gathered, the one consensus was a transaction limit of some sort. At first I considered a 50 transaction limit per season, but now I see that weekly transaction limits can be implemented. I'm thinking a weekly max of 3 is probably fair. Any suggestions as far as modifications to the scoring system?
3997515_o.gif

Edit. Would be ok with 4 moves per week. Would also like to keep 8 players.

Goals (G) 1 = 1.5
Assists (A) 1
Plus/Minus (+/-) 0.5
Powerplay Goals (PPG) 0.5
Powerplay Assists (PPA) 0.5
Shorthanded Goals (SHG) 1
Shorthanded Assists (SHA) 1 = 0.75
Game-Winning Goals (GWG) 1
Shots on Goal (SOG) 0.20
Blocks (BLK) 0.25 = 0.30

Wins (W) 2.5
Losses (L) -1
Goals Against (GA) -0.50
Saves (SV) 0.10
Shutouts (SHO) 2 = 3

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I can't see the point in removing Blocked Shots and replacing it with PIMS unless you want to make defensemen 100% useless in our league. Which would be silly. I could see adding it, but the way our league is set up, a small change in how the goalies and defensemen are scored, and we'd be good. But I just don't see any reason to have the positions' value THAT much different. Have them similar to give all the players similar value.

Changing the keepers from 7 to anything more then 2 or so would really **** up the league considering near the end of the year, everyone was making moves based on 7 keepers.

Also, if you took the place of a team from last year, that's the team you have. That's your keepers and draft picks(unless there's a reason you can't do that, otherwise, expansion team). We have three teams so at worst I should be picking 4th.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4