Yahoo Fantasy Hockey (Season 8) - Draft set for Oct 6 at 12PM CT (now accepting new managers)

Dessert Nights

Back in Form
Nov 22, 2016
Finland
Thanks Hank !

anyone interested in taking over a team PM or reply to this thread and will do my best to accommodate - as Hank mentioned have 4 teams to take over.

So these teams have now final rosters (assuming you had the draft Oct 6th) Were there any keepers and were they drafted with autopick? If I want one, can I pick the one that suits me the best? Can a team be renamed at this point?

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
So these teams have now final rosters (assuming you had the draft Oct 6th) Were there any keepers and were they drafted with autopick? If I want one, can I pick the one that suits me the best? Can a team be renamed at this point?

Keepers were all lost on those four inactive teams, autopick may have grabbed something worthwhile. Team can be renamed at any time.

@kxx can decide if you can pick and choose.

Reactions: kxx

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
I don't think any problem to let you have your pick of best available team - if someone active using the team then at least possible to make trades with teams to improve or stock draft picks.
If interested still send a DM and i'll copy and paste available rosters.

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
If you're one of the owners of the following teams:
MooseKnuckles, Atlanta Jets, Wpgsilver, Capt. Mal's Fireflies.
PM by tomorrow or your team may be transferred over to another user.

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
DM me if interested - no money involved, and its weekly lineups so not major commitment. Starts Monday so despite an autodrafted roster (based on ranking, so still have some good players to work with) you have the whole season ahead of you.

We now have 3 unmanaged teams left (Thanks to Dessert Knights for taking over one of the abandoned teams) and will send available rosters - will be mostly* first come first serve basis for the team selection. (whoever messages first gets to pick which of 3 remaining teams they want, and so on).

I'm a bit busy tonight but should have time to take care of everything by tomorrow evening at latest.

*if you message first for interest but don't confirm which roster you want I can't wait forever

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
rosters for consideration - please DM/"start a new conversation" me about this as I'll also need your email to send over ownership.

Roster 1 - "Jeff Carter"

upload_2018-10-13_18-33-34.png

Roster 2 - "Eric Staal"
upload_2018-10-13_18-33-50.png

Roster 3 "Sean Monahan"
upload_2018-10-13_18-34-37.png

Reactions: Hank Chinaski

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
RESULTS ARE IN:
upload_2019-4-13_13-13-56.png

FIRST PLACE: SMILING CHEVY
SECOND PLACE: DEVIL'S ADVOCATES
THIRD PLACE: ZORBA'S ZORILLA'S

Congrats to the Smilin' Chev's and Hank Chianski, who went from commissioner to winning the 'ship. Which isn't corrupt at all.

Am thinking of renaming the divisions after former HFJets commissioners - purely for respect to the history of the league and not to cement my legacy when I'm eventually removed.

Anyone who wants to get in on the league we have a couple of inactive managers and would love to have some more active people for next season. Right now I think there's about 12-15 of us pretty active and should have at least 4 teams up for grabs.

Draft is in late September early October. Will be checking in regularly - please DM me if you have interest and won't stop being a Jets fan after this season.

Weekly line ups so easy to track - any proposals about the league changes please DM (for those already in the league use the chat function).

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Hey everyone - have been busy so have mainly been just lurking HF the last 6 months but still want to keep the great tradition alive. We can delay the draft until the next Sunday if Sunday September 29th at 12 Noon (CST) / 10 AM (PST) doesn't work for everyone. Seems a bit early but figured Sunday morning might be good time again?
10 days until your draft

Sun Sep 29 10:00AM PDT

Also if anyone wants in we have at least one slot open. Lineup set weekly. Send DM if questions or interested.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Weekly lineup setting was implemented to make it easier for people who only look occasionally but personally found it made it more time consuming. Weekly lineups you have to look at the number of games players have that week to decided who to put in. With daily you can still go in weekly and even have the option to have the system autofill your starters with players who are playing. Find it much simpler.

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Weekly lineup setting was implemented to make it easier for people who only look occasionally but personally found it made it more time consuming. Weekly lineups you have to look at the number of games players have that week to decided who to put in. With daily you can still go in weekly and even have the option to have the system autofill your starters with players who are playing. Find it much simpler.

That is a fair point. I forgot about the auto line set up it had.

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
So I get why the Draft / Keepers / Trades became a huge mess last year for a bit there until Hank went back and corrected it - I almost did same thing just now.
Have to delay everything by a week in order to make sure all keepers are processed and I can sort out the draft pick trades from last season.
Just a heads up if keepers weren't being approved etc.
We have a slot available if someone wants it - for now its just an autodrafting team but seems I had to keep the league balanced by making it 20 teams and needed one to try to finalize the teams. If someone wants in can add you (please DM )

kxx

Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Hey tried setting it up and tried matching order by 1st) whether managers are active (no point having all the autodraft /unattended teams get Connor McDavid, Kucherov, Matthews, etc) and 2nd) by standings last year (so active manager + lower place finish last season = best draft position) Also tried moving some autodraft teams later each round in the drafts so they aren't picking up lots of prime players.

Only about half of teams submitted keepers. If there was an error in trying to set your keepers please let me know ASAP as I think i can change it but needs to be within next like 10-12 hours or otherwise won't be able to modify it. Will do my best to accomodate.

I fear that league may have to disband or at very least go through major contraction next season as half the teams aren't active :puppy:. The commissionership of kxx it seems will leave a legacy of total failure. :amazed:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad