Celebrity Death: XXXTentacion

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I personally feel you are making far too many excuses. Sorry, but i do.

We all fight demons, and most of us don't beat up pregnant women, or ask them to choose the item in which we rayp them with. Most of us don't go to jail, let alone beat up gay people for looking at us while in jail. He was a piece of crap, and the argument for "well...," imo is trying to normalize or justify how much of a pos he was.

My girlfriend has depression and general anxiety. Doesn't do stuff like this. I grew up in South Philly with an abusive father, and family members dropping like flies from heroin addictions. I have two physics degrees.

And i'm not saying "i'm better than everyone else," what i'm saying is, he's worse than most people.

I'm not out there making the mental illness argument anytime someone commits a mass murder, and i'm certainly not gonna make it for this guy.

And sorry, but i'm not gonna pretend like beating up women and gay men is just some path to maturation.

Either way, i have always been able to separate art from the artists, so i understand people liking his music, and i'm totally ok with that. I still listen to John Lennon. And i will never spit on someone for having music that allows them to grow, or feel accompanied in life. But he's a piece of **** in my books. And again, "won't shed a tear."

Respect - no hate at all. Dude did some real dumb shit. It sucks it had to be that way for everyone.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
LOL dude wasn't turning a corner. He was a straight up thug and most of his fan base were thugs. Any of this charity nonsense was him trying to look good for all his court appearances to avoid jail time.

Live by the gang life, die by the gang life.

If by "thugs" you mean suburban white kids.

He wasn't a trash person because of "the gang life." He was a trash person because he was a sadistic f*** who repeatedly beat and raped the mother of his child.

I'm glad he's dead and his rap sucked.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I'm not going to go as far as to say he deserved to die, but I was certainly not a fan of this guy. Horrible music, somehow even worse as a human. He really was one of the worst mainstream rappers out there. Good for him if he really started to change as a person though.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Yeah, the vast majority of fans of his type of music are middle class white boys. Without a doubt.

And that's kinda the interesting part of this shit, too. If anything, this Soundcloud self-hate drug rap (which mostly sucks) probably deserves more of a pearl-clutching mother response than actual gangsta rap ever did. The heyday of gangstaism didn't necessarily push Billy from the 'burbs into the Vice Lords. Gangsta rap was a big scary mirror that may actually have had a poor effect on the communities it came from (I'm not sure it actually did, but a valid argument could be made). But if the dealer/stickup man was an aspirational figure in the hood, it was mostly a cartoon character or a movie hero to the white kids in the Corolla.

This self-destructive piece of shit rap character who gobbles pills and terrorizes those around him, however? That isn't racially or economically bounded. So now you got all these suburban kids mourning the loss of a guy who literally smashed his pregnant girfriend's face in to the point that she may lose an eye. Like, don't let these kids think that this trash rapper's behavior was a byproduct of circumstance.

Reactions: Amerika

void

Jan 5, 2006
Video of the guy who claims to be one of the shooters:

The guy is a sick f***.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
And that's kinda the interesting part of this ****, too. If anything, this Soundcloud self-hate drug rap (which mostly sucks) probably deserves more of a pearl-clutching mother response than actual gangsta rap ever did. The heyday of gangstaism didn't necessarily push Billy from the 'burbs into the Vice Lords. Gangsta rap was a big scary mirror that may actually have had a poor effect on the communities it came from (I'm not sure it actually did, but a valid argument could be made). But if the dealer/stickup man was an aspirational figure in the hood, it was mostly a cartoon character or a movie hero to the white kids in the Corolla.

This self-destructive piece of **** rap character who gobbles pills and terrorizes those around him, however? That isn't racially or economically bounded. So now you got all these suburban kids mourning the loss of a guy who literally smashed his pregnant girfriend's face in to the point that she may lose an eye. Like, don't let these kids think that this trash rapper's behavior was a byproduct of circumstance.

The only circumstance I could see ins mental illness/insanity that may have been accentuated by the environement he lived and grew up in, but then again, these things are always hard to judge at first glance and without the necessary details but I tend to resent the way someone could attempt to explain this behavior away largely by his surroundings - something I'm far more understanding/lenient of when it comes to other types of criminal activity, such as drug-dealing or joining a gang - but the vast, vast majority of people living/grew up in downtrodden communities would not have performed the reprehensible and jarring actions this kid did, so it's awkward for me to be able to genuiely point the finger at his environment and upbringing in any credible sense, although I have no qualms against considering that it might play a - very minor - part in how demented he was. But even then...

With that said, this thread is a trainwreck and some nice dog-whistling going on.

LaVar

Jul 31, 2013
"Onfroy did not deserve to be murdered.

This was not vigilante justice—he was robbed for a Louis Vuitton bag. This was not karmic retribution—karma does not exist. And, importantly, this was not proportional—Onfroy committed heinous, twisted acts of violence, but, for good reason, I cannot name a system of laws in which his actions are punishable by execution. To approve of Onfroy’s murder is to approve of the same lawlessness on which he thrived.

And let me be clear: You cannot simultaneously take joy in Onfroy’s death and claim a vested interest in social justice. The mechanism for which you lust is not justice, but selective, capricious retribution. Real, substantial justice for Geneva Ayala would have been Onfroy’s incarceration in a facility offering robust mental health services, not an extrajudicial execution ostensibly unconnected to his misdeeds. His murder bears as much resemblance to justice as I to a whale.

Moreover, sympathizing with Onfroy is not inherently an endorsement of his actions, but an endorsement of his humanity. The right to live is the fundamental tenet of every progressive value and plainly reasserting that, even when difficult or unfashionable, is essential. Everything else is garnish."

Found this article to be an interesting read... A Valediction for XXXTentacion

Still confuses me how people are disgusted with his alleged acts (rightfully so if true), yet feel a 20 year old kid getting shot multiple times in his car while minding his own business is justified...

Reactions: Amerika

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad