Celebrity Death: XXXTentacion

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
I mean the POS label can be said about just about any teen (he just turned 20) who is involved with and grew up in gang activity. In the era of social media, many of his poor choices are publically visible. I'm sure the rappers of gangsta rap era had similarly embarrassing youths (and many would admit as such). He likely would have grown out of it had he not perished so young.

That said, he had a horrible stage name. I really don't get rap in the last 10-15 years but it's getting even more confusing to me.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I mean the POS label can be said about just about any teen (he just turned 20) who is involved with and grew up in gang activity. In the era of social media, many of his poor choices are publically visible. I'm sure the rappers of gangsta rap era had similarly embarrassing youths (and many would admit as such). He likely would have grown out of it had he not perished so young.

That said, he had a horrible stage name. I really don't get rap in the last 10-15 years but it's getting even more confusing to me.

You're acting like he had a couple youthful indiscretions like smoking weed or peeing in public. Does on grow out of beating up pregnant women?

Last edited:

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
You're acting like he had a couple youthful indiscretions like smoking weed or peeing in public.

He beat the **** out of a pregnant woman. I repeat. He beat the **** out of a PREGNANT WOMAN. You don't grow out of that level off dick baggery.

Today is a good day.

In what world is smoking weed and peeing in public indicative of someone whose grown up immersed in gang culture? I don't think you get that almost all the big-time gangsta rappers of the 1990s were involved in serious criminal activity, from assaults, rape, drug dealing, robbery, and even murder. That's just what gang culture in America does to African-American youths.

Onfoy grew up his entire life surrounded by drugs and violence. It's not excusing what he did to point out that his actions are impacted by the context of his life. If he had lived and went out to a long successful career, first of people wouldn't have remembered this conviction at all, second, he could have easily become a respectable member of society and a positive role model.

I find it so absurd that the internet is always full of people showing zero respect for the dead, something I know for a fact 99% of those doing so would not do in public. He may have been a POS but that doesn't mean he doesn't deserve sympathy for what environment he was born in, or for being murdered.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I was merely commenting on the idea that you can grow out of the shit he did which was some heinous stuff. I don't think it's as simple as just growing up and being a better person.

I did edit my post because I regret saying some of that stuff and should have left it out. I didn't know the man so I shouldn't have gone there.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
The guy was a thug, he had a long track record of violent crime and got off on assaulting woman. The world is a bit better of a place now that he's exited stage left. I'm just glad that nobody innocent was caught in the drive by.

I don't always buy the expression that you have to have respect for the dead. I do respect that he is dead.

Personally his environment doesn't excuse or forgive his type of crime, he wanted to live a crappy life style, he wanted to assault woman, he wanted to commit violent crimes, that's on him, and he paid the price, lets not make him out to be someone that this world is ever going to miss.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
He had some pretty serious issues. He was a bad guy, full stop.

He also had some serious beefs that had already gotten violent. Wouldn't surprise me if it was related

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
My family and I were passing by 10th n Dixie as this at the exact time it happened. Glad we didnt get hit by a stray...

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Yea, he was almost comically awful, but 20 years old is rough any way you slice it

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
20 year olds are idiots.

I find it so absurd that the internet is always full of people showing zero respect for the dead, something I know for a fact 99% of those doing so would not do in public.

The internet is where people go to talk about things they would never talk about otherwise.

I had seen this guy's name on Twitter, but that is the extent of my exposure to XXX Tentacon. Sounds like a Hentai Decepticon.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
20 year olds are idiots.

The internet is where people go to talk about things they would never talk about otherwise.

I had seen this guy's name on Twitter, but that is the extent of my exposure to XXX Tentacon. Sounds like a Hentai Decepticon.

guy got what he deserved. period. not everyone that dies deserves respect or sorrow.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
You're acting like he had a couple youthful indiscretions like smoking weed or peeing in public. Does on grow out of beating up pregnant women?

"Beating up pregnant women" is almost putting it lightly... I read some quotes from the pregnant gf of how he raped her with a BBQ fork and made her choose between that and another object. And then beat her in a bathtub until she was unrecognizable. I will never celebrate a death. It seems like he was trying to do some positive things in his life but you never know how much that was for PR or to look good for his impending court cases. This guy was likely about to get locked up for a while. While he wasn't gang-affiliated, he certainly seemed like a very trouble kid and I emphasize kid. I assume his experience growing up wasn't good or at least he wasn't looked after if he was showing signs of mental instability (how else can you explain the types of things he did).

I am seeing a lot of young people say how his music changed their lives for the better. I haven't heard his full catalog but from what I have heard, I don't really know where the positive influence would come from. And most of his songs were cut so short in an effort to sound "different."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad