GDT: XXV | "Bare It" | Oilers vs. Bruins | 12.02.15 | 7:30PM | SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The oilers will come out and look good for the 1st ten minutes until we let in a soft goal or something goes wrong and then the white flags will come out.
Wrong.

We will come out and dominate for 20 minutes, look good but not score.

We then sulk for 40 minutes and lose 4-1

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
weve already lost and we havent even got on the ice yet

McDeathbyCheerios*

I'll admit I've been one of the biggest proposers of Hall trades, because I didn't like his game and he would return the best piece for our team. But, right now we are a two player team in Hall and Drai. Hall, Drai, and McDavid is more skill in three players than most teams have.

We need to start looking at successful teams are try to emulate them. Pittsburgh when they won the cup had Crosby, Malkin, and Staal with veteran wingers and a great defence. Could we run McDavid, Draisaitl, and RNH down the middle? I feel trading RNH for a cheaper alternative at 3C and acquiring better defensive players in that same deal would make us so good.

Man, we have the pieces to make trades. We are in a bizarre position where "losing" 2-3 trades will actually make us a way better team.

As for tonight, I'm going to love watching the players on their team that none of us know make our stars look like garbage.
I rather look at a team like Chicago for guidance. 3 great d, 3 great forwards.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I rather look at a team like Chicago for guidance. 3 great d, 3 great forwards.

Yes I edited my post to add Boston and Chicago.

The point is, every cup winning team has 2-3 very skilled forwards and they are surrounded by role players. Why can't fans realize we aren't going to go anywhere with McDavid, Hall, Draisaitl, RNH, Eberle, Yakupov all needing the puck to make plays? Keep 3, trade 3 for help on the blueline. Trade picks for role players.

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
Clutterbuck is currently a 4th liner... No way he coats RNH or Eberle.

RNH or Eberle would not make any other 4th line team now. That is the problem with some of us Oiler fans. We over-value our "high-end talent". Face the facts, these 2 are too soft. RNH would not be a top 5 in any other year. I am not saying trade these fellas straight up for Clutterbuck or Simmonds. What I mean is these are players we need in our line-up. You don't win unless you have sandpaper in your lineup, not Palmolive

McDeathbyCheerios*

RNH or Eberle would not make any other 4th line team now. That is the problem with some of us Oiler fans. We over-value our "high-end talent". Face the facts, these 2 are too soft. RNH would not be a top 5 in any other year. I am not saying trade these fellas straight up for Clutterbuck or Simmonds. What I mean is these are players we need in our line-up. You don't win unless you have sandpaper in your lineup, not Palmolive
What. Saying RNH and Eberle wouldn't even make aa 4th line is ridiculous but okay.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Khaira-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Draisaitl-Purcell
Korpse-Hendricks-Klinkhammer(?)/Ference(?)
Gazdic-Lander-Pakarinen

Ruh roh.

Why yes, this is a shameless plug for #KhairaTopLineTalent

blupye*

Jul 6, 2011
Nova Scotia
What. Saying RNH and Eberle wouldn't even make aa 4th line is ridiculous but okay.

Ridiculous but true. When I watch them, I feel like jumping on the ice and *****-slapping Eberle and RNH. Did you watch the game against Detroit? Boy, did the Diamond Duel ever play tuff there. Meow.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
RNH is 5'10"? McLellan said he was multiple times in the pre game scrum.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Khaira-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Draisaitl-Purcell
Korpse-Hendricks-Klinkhammer(?)/Ference(?)
Gazdic-Lander-Pakarinen

Ruh roh.

Why yes, this is a shameless plug for #KhairaTopLineTalent
Screw that. Put Hendricks with RNH and Eberle. Maybe he can beat their ass to play better.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Screw that. Put Hendricks with RNH and Eberle. Maybe he can beat their ass to play better.

That's the logical thing to do!

However, allow me to retort.

Jujhar.

That is all.

(also, we only have 11 healthy forwards for tonight then, huh? #TheCaptainAndrewFerence)

McDeathbyCheerios*

That's the logical thing to do!

However, allow me to retort.

Jujhar.

That is all.

(also, we only have 11 healthy forwards for tonight then, huh? #TheCaptainAndrewFerence)
Hall - Drai - Purcell
Hendricks - Khaira - Pakarainen
Korpikoski - Lander - Eberle
RNH - Ference

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Just play like leaving this game without 2 points is NOT an option. Am I asking for too much?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad