GDT: XXII | "Shinsurance" | Oilers vs. Stars | 11.16.19 | 2:00PM | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Nice, another afternoon Oilers match. :banana:
Been waiting for Achibald to get a chance on the 2nd line, hope he's clicking with Nealer & the zombie.

Dowling's playing #1 C in Dallas? Really? Wow.

Go Oilers!

Reactions: nally

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Alright I've learned from my mistakes I made when we played Anaheim.

I'm sitting Seguin and Bishop in fantasy.

That automatically means that Seguin gets a hattie and Bishop gets a shutout right? :damnpc:

EDIT: f*** nevermind, apparently Khudobin is starting, crisis averted.

Last edited:

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Damn Khudobin has been good against us IIRC.
Still - we win.
Going with 7-4 in a wild crazy afternoon affair.

Archibald Scores!
Ratboy Goes!

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Why not play Gagner? Over Patrick Russell at least.

“Lots of points”. Gagner played a pretty terrible game beside banking the puck off the goalie in garbage time and then celebrating like it was his 50th of the season. It’s pretty clear even to his biggest fans that he’s pretty much done as a NHL player at this point in his career. I actually hope he retires after this season and joins the coaching staff in some role as he’s a good locker room guy.

Tippet isn’t a fan of bottom six players who are poor in their own zone and don’t PK.

Beating a dead horse but Gagner has never been a truly "good" at the nhl level. His scoring has rarely covered for the many holes in his game. Edmonton has given him more chances that they should have.

A prime Gagner in the new faster nhl is a liability imo.

At the beginning of the season, because of our desperate need for scoring, I didn't mind him in the bottom 6. But seeing how slow and ineffective he is... He can't be a regular on this team. A desperation call up here and there, sure whatever, but good teams don't play Gagners.

And no to bringing him into the dressing room. A player with that many holes in his game shouldn't be in the locker room even if he's a great guy.

A bit harsh but as tough as it is I think big picture we need to move on from this player. I was shocked we acquired him and think it was more a PR stunt than an acquisition for the team.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Beating a dead horse but Gagner has never been a truly "good" at the nhl level. His scoring has rarely covered for the many holes in his game. Edmonton has given him more chances that they should have.

A prime Gagner in the new faster nhl is a liability imo.

At the beginning of the season, because of our desperate need for scoring, I didn't mind him in the bottom 6. But seeing how slow and ineffective he is... He can't be a regular on this team. A desperation call up here and there, sure whatever, but good teams don't play Gagners.

And no to bringing him into the dressing room. A player with that many holes in his game shouldn't be in the locker room even if he's a great guy.

A bit harsh but as tough as it is I think big picture we need to move on from this player. I was shocked we acquired him and think it was more a PR stunt than an acquisition for the team.
You sure seem to have studied holes in Gagner's game.
Fact is that he is on par with all the other trash on this team. Chiasson is not better than Gagner, neither are Granlund, Nygaard, Haas, Khaira, Russell etc other than PK. Not sure why singling him out would accomplish.

Reactions: ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Fact is that he is on par with all the other trash on this team. Chiasson is not better than Gagner, neither are Granlund, Nygaard, Haas, Khaira, Russell etc other than PK. Not sure why singling him out would accomplish.

Agreed. I do like Nygard, Haas, and Khaira better than Gags at this point, but the others are all very much in the same boat. I'd even add Archibald to that list. Gags is one of the best offensive players in that group but one of the worst defensively. Which is why he's in that group to begin with. Still a good player to have around imo.

Reactions: rajan68

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Agreed. I do like Nygard, Haas, and Khaira better than Gags at this point, but the others are all very much in the same boat. I'd even add Archibald to that list. Gags is one of the best offensive players in that group but one of the worst defensively. Which is why he's in that group to begin with. Still a good player to have around imo.
Not sure about 'good' but better than Spooner for sure. VAN had to buy out Spooner's 4M deal.
It's not like Oilers are treating Gagner as royalty. We have waived him to AHL once already. He is a filler at this point with some offensive instincts..

Reactions: ujju2 and Dorian2

Niten Ichi Ryu

Jul 1, 2018
OK I get Nygård and Haas on the same line, so Im satisfied. Archibald continues getting 2nd line duty. Im OK with that.
I hope we have found the 2nd line Kassian.
I can fold my eyes with my hand of that Tippet : just loves Chiasson - this man can kill someone, and get a roosterspot.
Tippet Hates Persson. I dont get it. Kind of feel bad for Persson. Making the best of his chances, but Tippet just has maked his mind.
Suddenly the patience for Granlund is finished. I guess he didnt have chemistry of fitted anywhere. And that without getting a chance like Archibald or Chiasson, Gagner, Khaira on the 2nd line. Surprising...

Gagner is done here. After getting a lots of points and being benched, I dont see anything that can make Gagner stay.

I wonder if Khaira Sheahan Prussel will get one more goal this season. I dont think that. To be honest. Prussell with the best chance.

Really befuddles me that he sat Persson for Manning, and now 2 games straight. He was awesome in Anaheim, and he's just starting to get his groove back after the injury. Sitting him after doing well and gaining momentum just hurts his confidence, and that's too bad for an NHL rookie.
Granlund was a key factor in killing those 5 penalties in the 2nd period in Anaheim; he was one of the if not the best penalty killer that game, and then he gets sat for the next 2?
Then sat Haas, who was the most productive bottom 6 guy last couple games prior to San Jose, for Gagner the very next game?

His lineup decisions are very puzzling, and it's getting covered by the godly play of McDavid and Draisaitl. But on the other hand, we are winning, and that's really the bottom line, I guess. I just hope it doesn't catch up to us

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
Look for a boring game with the way the Stars are playing D right now. The Oilers will have to work their tails off with speed. The first goal is so important in this game. Stars will sit back with any lead.

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Dallas. Pfff. Imagine your franchise's glory days being the era when nobody could score any goals? Piss off, Dallas, you suck and I hate you.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011

Gagner has a role on this team ONLY because we have no depth. Even if it was only PK, and it isn't, that's more than enough reason for Gagner to ride the pine.

It's unfortunate that a trade for a decent top 9 forward is looking extremely unlikely. I think even one such player could make a big difference on this team.

Gagner has offense. Not much imo. But he does have it. If Kharia had his skill he would be an effective nhl top 9 player. Or if Gagner had Kharia strength, skating, size, defensive awareness, AND PK abilty Gagner would be an effective top 9 nhler.

Sure they are both varying levels of suck but it's easier for Kharia to at least keep his head above water than it is for Gagner to just not be a liability every time he steps onto the ice. He is like a child among men unless he is heavily sheltered or has a great game. The great games are very few and far between.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Really befuddles me that he sat Persson for Manning, and now 2 games straight. He was awesome in Anaheim, and he's just starting to get his groove back after the injury. Sitting him after doing well and gaining momentum just hurts his confidence, and that's too bad for an NHL rookie.
Granlund was a key factor in killing those 5 penalties in the 2nd period in Anaheim; he was one of the if not the best penalty killer that game, and then he gets sat for the next 2?
Then sat Haas, who was the most productive bottom 6 guy last couple games prior to San Jose, for Gagner the very next game?

His lineup decisions are very puzzling, and it's getting covered by the godly play of McDavid and Draisaitl. But on the other hand, we are winning, and that's really the bottom line, I guess. I just hope it doesn't catch up to us
I'm sure coaches see things differently than fans.
Koski was great vs ANA but got taken off for Smith vs SJ who let in 6.
Starting Smith again vs COL made no sense.

Gagner produced but then got scratched. His scratching is more puzzling than Haas scratching to me.

The ofcourse I liked Jurco more than anyone else in our bottom 6. She goesss!!!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Outside of the PK Granlund has been freaking awful all hear. Horrid defensively, horrid offensively. Our other PKers are just as good and do more the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig