Boston Bruins XV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The honest Detroit fans will tell you he's often extremely lazy on the ice, which easily explains why someone so huge, fast and skilled remains a 40-50 point player.

Well, that and being on the injured list all the time.
Sounds like the complaints that we've heard about Mr. Nicholas Ritchie!

Reactions: sarge88

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This team can use as much attitude as possible. They're too worried about a guy who "may" have looked at someone the wrong way etc. You can say that Marchand had/has attitude problems too for that matter. As long as he isn't a complete A-hole I couldn't care less if he wasn't a Boy Scout.

his attitude problems were that he doesn’t try half the time

Helsinki city boy

Jun 2, 2019
Helsinki
Athanasiou or Mantha would fit in DS transfer policy. More quantity than quality. The team has problems with scoring so the solution would be that lets trade for the mediocre players.

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
If Detroit is willing to take Debrusk and the main return is Mantha, I think that deal would have been done already.
Its an overpay if Debrusk and a high pick/prospect are in it. If its Jake and a 4th sure. But anything more I’m telling you there isn’t a massive skill difference.

TimThomas24

Jun 13, 2013
DeBrusk is done, IMO.

At least here.

Mantha brings size and more grit.

Oleksiak for pocket change was the other.
I don’t consider Frederic pocket change. At worst he’s a regular bottom 6 forward. I think he’ll be a solid 2nd/3rd line fringe player personally. Oleksiak feels like a slightly better option than Tinordi.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I’d like to see Sweeney get another goalie and 2 more defenseman in case they need to use 14 defenseman and 5 goalies

Going to Philadelphia and Washington using your 4th goalie and 11 and 12th defenseman doesn’t count if your the GM

I want Montour and Savard and Elvis the Goalie

that gets us to 14 and 5

ok so the Islanders used 6 D gor 28 games and we used 12 but those 6 fell from the sky

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So you wanted to give up a 1st + for Savard? Yes or no?

Nope.

But you know the drill, every year it repeats itself.
Wait untill trade deadline, wait no wait untill July 1st, well the season hasn’t started let’s wait untill the season has started so we can judge, to it’s early in the season let’s wait untill trade deadline before we see the full lineup.
Year after year.

The best forward Sweeney has brought in in 6 years is Coyle.....
Sorry for not having my hopes up

Reactions: Gordoff

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I’d like to see Sweeney get another goalie and 2 more defenseman in case they need to use 14 defenseman and 5 goalies

Going to Philadelphia and Washington using your 4th goalie and 11 and 12th defenseman doesn’t count if your the GM

I want Montour and Savard and Elvis the Goalie

that gets us to 14 and 5

ok so the Islanders used 6 D gor 28 games and we used 12 but those 6 fell from the sky

Are you still up at 4, or did you wake up? Still reading about potential 6th round oline steals for the Patriots :).

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Sounds like the complaints that we've heard about Mr. Nicholas Ritchie!
If they can pick him up for a Heinen level prospect then I don’t thing anyone would be against it

Nope.

But you know the drill, every year it repeats itself.
Wait untill trade deadline, wait no wait untill July 1st, well the season hasn’t started let’s wait untill the season has started so we can judge, to it’s early in the season let’s wait untill trade deadline before we see the full lineup.
Year after year.

The best forward Sweeney has brought in in 6 years is Coyle.....
Sorry for not having my hopes up
Right, Sweeney doesn’t make deadline deals, except just about every year. He doesn’t bring guys in off-season, except when does. And he doesn’t fiddle with the roster adjust during the season, other than the times he does.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Are you still up at 4, or did you wake up? Still reading about potential 6th round oline steals for the Patriots :).
Woke up went back to bed and dog just came in looking for breakfast and check out backyard for rabbits

Did Donny trade Krejci during the night to Timbuktu 59 % retained for a conditional 2?

aguineapig

Woke up went back to bed and dog just came in looking for breakfast and check out backyard for rabbits

Did Donny trade Krejci during the night to Timbuktu 59 % retained for a conditional 2?
No I'm afraid he's out in his backyard looking for Wacey Rabbit.

Reactions: Blowfish

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
No I'm afraid he's out in his backyard looking for Wacey Rabbit.
I’d love to see the great Lou Lams (except for Toronto where the HF amateur GMs spent months trying to get him fired before he technically was) go with 12 D and 4 goalies

considering the Islanders farm team blows and their top 2 prospects are Keiffer Bellows and Bode Wild - IMO busts - the Islanders at 12 D and 4 G aren’t making the playoffs

oh and of course like Tampa & Toronto used BS to not have to trade Brock Nelson and/or Josh Bailey by enticing old friend Johnny Boychuk to suddenly retire on disability with an eye condition a month after being cleared to play in playoffs and saying no problems.

Hey cap problems and 6 M healthy scratch Defenseman?

no worries make him an offer you can’t refuse

which is why Johnny sits to Lou Lams right af Islanders games learning the business like a less violent Sonny Corleone

I admit I never pictured Boychuk in a front office but when LTIR involved you do what you got to do

Reactions: aguineapig

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Yeah, but are Sweeney's hands tied by unspoken restrictions placed upon him by ownership?
We all know how JJ feels about cash certainty. And Delaware North isn't exactly taking in the cash right now

Jacobs pretty much always spends to the Cap ceiling, so can't complain about that at least. Beyond that, who really knows? I have a theory that Jacobs does not want the team to fully bottom out and become a non-contender for a long period of time while going through a full rebuild, because that may hurt the financial bottom line for a while if fans lose interest and spend less money on tickets, merch etc. He'd prefer the team to keep making the playoffs year after year than push harder to win a Cup but then fall in a hole like the Blackhawks, all the more so right now with his wider business interests in a world of pain. To that end I think Sweeney has a remit in his trades and deals to not give away or risk too much of the team's future for immediate success and improvement, which ties his hands somewhat as to what he can and can't do with the roster and the team's assets. But it's just that - a theory. I think it makes sense, but who's to say what really goes in the corridors of our beloved organization.

Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad