Recalled/Assigned: XO and Nosek to be called up

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Well I said I thought Nosek was in the running and would be the fourth line callup earlier in the week.

He is a solid player, stat watchers can be very concerned and he had the roughest of the rough starting Griffins. But I believe he is better than Janmark and made him expendable and there is a lot to like. Very good penalty killer and solid in board battles. I would put him in over Andersson, he fits better in the system and has center/wing flexibility.

Hoping they get XO some games.

Either way both guys get a nice fat NHL check for a week or so.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I hope Z doesn't push it too far in mid season. lots of games left to play this season.

Also I kinda wanna see how Nosek perform. I kinda liked his playing style. Not a world beater by any means but it seemed like he knew whats up.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Probably because XO hasn't even practiced with the team. Should Ericsson miss more than 1 game he'll probably get to play.

It's also a reminder to Kindl of how close he is to losing his job while also rewarding Ouellet with a nice X-Mas bonus while his regular team has a few days off.

And would be playing three games in three nights. The AHL is off all of next week. It does not matter what the team does with him on the call up. He isn't missing anything back in GR.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Yeah, its not like XO was going to be playing hockey anyways. And the Wings should probably get Kindl in any chance they get. No matter how negligible his trade value is, its going to be higher if he gets some games in.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Well I said I thought Nosek was in the running and would be the fourth line callup earlier in the week.

He is a solid player, stat watchers can be very concerned and he had the roughest of the rough starting Griffins. But I believe he is better than Janmark and made him expendable and there is a lot to like. Very good penalty killer and solid in board battles. I would put him in over Andersson, he fits better in the system and has center/wing flexibility.

Hoping they get XO some games.

Either way both guys get a nice fat NHL check for a week or so.

Nosek is not better than Janmark.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Nosek is not better than Janmark.

I like him better for the role he is going to play. Janmark's uptick in skating does make this a lot more interesting, at the time of the deal I would have taken Nosek just like the Wings seemed to in terms of that competition, especially since Janmark wanted a special contract just to show up.

Nosek is a very smart player and heavy in terms of board battles. I like his game a lot, not flashy but he skates well and goes to the grimy areas, also is rarely out of position in terms of being on the right side of the puck and man a ton. There is a lot to like about how he plays the game, even if his numbers are down this year.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
I like him better for the role he is going to play. Janmark's uptick in skating does make this a lot more interesting, at the time of the deal I would have taken Nosek just like the Wings seemed to in terms of that competition, especially since Janmark wanted a special contract just to show up.

Nosek is a very smart player and heavy in terms of board battles. I like his game a lot, not flashy but he skates well and goes to the grimy areas, also is rarely out of position in terms of being on the right side of the puck and man a ton. There is a lot to like about how he plays the game, even if his numbers are down this year.

Janmark is probably going to be a middle six scoring winger, Nosek might not even stick in the NHL :dunno:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Better fit =/= better player

Janmark is a better player and it's not really even too close.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

He could be, but it doesn't make a lick of difference from Detroit's perspective. Janmark would not have made our roster and would be back in Sweden right now if still in the organization.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Janmark is probably going to be a middle six scoring winger, Nosek might not even stick in the NHL :dunno:

I don't think he is going to be that great, I mean middle six does encompass the third line which is all I really see him as. Given our depth that wasn't all that appealing in my opinion.

He could be, but it doesn't make a lick of difference from Detroit's perspective. Janmark would not have made our roster and would be back in Sweden right now if still in the organization.

Especially considering this. Are the Wings going to offer him an out clause to come over and try out but release him back to Sweden. I don't think so...

Glad Janmark is making something of himself in Dallas, next time we are talking trades and throwing a middle of our prospect pool player that has been passed by others we can reference guys like Janmark, Ferraro and Nestrasil in the league and say they can contribute. But the reality is he was going to have a tough time cracking this lineup, he isn't someone we should be crying about and also glad he has heated back up this month as he wasn't very good from end of October through all of November.

I don't think Janmark is that much better, I have stated as much Frk It, we will have to see what Nosek becomes, but the guy has nice tools and a very good hockey IQ. I really hope they give him a shot here, he could dislodge Andersson permanently.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I don't think he is going to be that great, I mean middle six does encompass the third line which is all I really see him as. Given our depth that wasn't all that appealing in my opinion.

Especially considering this. Are the Wings going to offer him an out clause to come over and try out but release him back to Sweden. I don't think so...

Glad Janmark is making something of himself in Dallas, next time we are talking trades and throwing a middle of our prospect pool player that has been passed by others we can reference guys like Janmark, Ferraro and Nestrasil in the league and say they can contribute. But the reality is he was going to have a tough time cracking this lineup, he isn't someone we should be crying about and also glad he has heated back up this month as he wasn't very good from end of October through all of November.

I don't think Janmark is that much better, I have stated as much Frk It, we will have to see what Nosek becomes, but the guy has nice tools and a very good hockey IQ. I really hope they give him a shot here, he could dislodge Andersson permanently.

We will see. I really don't see any room for Nosek at all here either, while we're on that subject. Outside of a huge rash of injuries, I don't ever see him playing more than 5-10 games for the Wings. Way too much competition, and he doesn't really stand out much. Probably gets sick of GR and goes back across the pond himself.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Well, all I said was Janmark was a better hockey player. Which I absolutely maintain.

Wasn't looking at role, or wanting to go to Sweden, or any of that.

Janmark has 11 pts in 33 games this season. I doubt Nosek gets 11 pts or 33 games in the NHL at all.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Janmark has 11 pts in 33 games this season.

Playing for the hottest offense in the NHL, highest goals per game, and half of those came in the first 7 games. 6 points in the last 26 games.

He's not a bad player or anything, and it is a shame he didn't get his chance here, but he wasn't going to score like that in Detroit or most NHL teams. Dallas has 28 more goals this year than the Wings, so that's a lot more points floating around.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Playing for the hottest offense in the NHL, highest goals per game, and half of those came in the first 7 games. 6 points in the last 26 games.

He's not a bad player or anything, and it is a shame he didn't get his chance here, but he wasn't going to score like that in Detroit or most NHL teams. Dallas has 28 more goals this year than the Wings, so that's a lot more points floating around.

Again, I don't disagree. But Nosek ain't touching those numbers, if given that same opportunity. Would be surprised if he'd make the roster.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Again, I don't disagree. But Nosek ain't touching those numbers. Or even making that team.

I get that he has had an awful start this year statistic wise. However, in his last two professional seasons including the playoffs his stat line looks something like this...

2013-14 HC Pardubcie

62 Games Played

22 Goals 28 Assists 50 points +15

2014-15 Grand Rapids

67 Games Played

13 Goals 28 assists 41 points +20

Not sure where the idea is he has no offensive ability. All the same he is a very good two-way player who is about 6'3" 210 lbs, great on the PK with good skating ability and wall work. So if the offense doesn't come he can be a defensive player that doesn't **** his pants every time the puck gets on his stick or in his area.

After an awful start this year and being deployed in a primarily shutdown role as would be consistent with his next step he is heating up lately and playing good hockey. Sorry I see an intriguing guy, I am curious to see how he does at this level. He is smart and has the ability to keep up, there will be an adjustment, but the guy has some NHL skills not sure why you're being completely dismissive Frk It.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I get that he has had an awful start this year statistic wise. However, in his last two professional seasons including the playoffs his stat line looks something like this...

2013-14 HC Pardubcie

62 Games Played

22 Goals 28 Assists 50 points +15

2014-15 Grand Rapids

67 Games Played

13 Goals 28 assists 41 points +20

Not sure where the idea is he has no offensive ability. All the same he is a very good two-way player who is about 6'3" 210 lbs, great on the PK with good skating ability and wall work. So if the offense doesn't come he can be a defensive player that doesn't **** his pants every time the puck gets on his stick or in his area.

After an awful start this year and being deployed in a primarily shutdown role as would be consistent with his next step he is heating up lately and playing good hockey. Sorry I see an intriguing guy, I am curious to see how he does at this level. He is smart and has the ability to keep up, there will be an adjustment, but the guy has some NHL skills not sure why you're being completely dismissive Frk It.

He's not a scrub or anything, but do you see him getting NHL games here over the next few years? With the guys we have in the pipeline?

Backman is the clear better offensive talent, I guess I'm thinking too much of just that dimension in this discussion, perhaps. But I don't see Nosek doing anything like that in Dallas, I guess I could be wrong. I've seen some flashes from Nosek, so it's not impossible, I just think Nosek would have to get lucky to get to where Backman is already at.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He's not a scrub or anything, but do you see him getting NHL games here over the next few years?

I do, because he is a player coaches trust. Kind of like when we used to say Andersson if his skating improved would hit he NHL. Well Nosek is a decent skater, smart player with good hands. I think he works his way in at some point. He should be carried as an extra forward next season at least and will get a shot at some point. His PK work really alone should get him a shot at some point especially if we do the right thing and cut ties with Andersson and Miller this off-season he is a prime extra forward or 4th line candidate.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I do, because he is a player coaches trust. Kind of like when we used to say Andersson if his skating improved would hit he NHL. Well Nosek is a decent skater, smart player with good hands. I think he works his way in at some point. He should be carried as an extra forward next season at least and will get a shot at some point. His PK work really alone should get him a shot at some point especially if we do the right thing and cut ties with Andersson and Miller this off-season he is a prime extra forward or 4th line candidate.

Well I trust your opinion quite a bit, so I hope you're right, and neither of us are big on Miller so I'm fine with him on the 4th line next year.

I know the best writers have commented on his hands at camp quite often, I don't think he's a plug by any means, I just was that guy that liked Backman more than Jarnkrok.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

I'd be surprised if we cut Miller loose. I agree that we should, but it would surprise me. I think we'll see Kenny sign everyone, outside of maybe Helm who will look at offers from other teams, and let training camp injuries sort out the roster again.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'd be surprised if we cut Miller loose. I agree that we should, but it would surprise me. I think we'll see Kenny sign everyone, outside of maybe Helm who will look at offers from other teams, and let training camp injuries sort out the roster again.

You don't know that will happen. We only have like 7 years in a row to reference here. But seriously, you forgot the part where he plugs any gaps with a 1-2 year contract to a veteran UFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00