GDT: XLVIII | "Year of the Wagon" | Oilers @ Kings | 2.10.24 | 8:00PM | HNIC

Considering cost of acquisition, capspace, fit, etc., who's your merc of choice?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Read a story about “Regina” pizza style, last week. They way they spoke about it, it’s a “type” like Chicago deep dish, NYC thin, Detroit square and so on. Western was always a favourite. Trifons was another good one. Any Saskatooners on here? I found out about 13 Pies this summer. That’s another good one too. We’d go to Riders games at Taylor, stay at the Delta,walk back to the hotel after and order Western. Good times.
Definitely Saskatchewan is known for great pizza especially Regina. We love western and Houston Pizza. Trifon is also very good. Won’t lie though. We usually just go for Panago pizza. We only do western like once or twice a year. Panago is usually our go to.

Awesome. I piled a lobster and a few potato pancakes in my guts. These tasty ones I buy at IKEA of all places. Hope the little one had an awesome birthday !
IKEA has great food! I love their meatballs !

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Read a story about “Regina” pizza style, last week. They way they spoke about it, it’s a “type” like Chicago deep dish, NYC thin, Detroit square and so on. Western was always a favourite. Trifons was another good one. Any Saskatooners on here? I found out about 13 Pies this summer. That’s another good one too. We’d go to Riders games at Taylor, stay at the Delta,walk back to the hotel after and order Western. Good times.
In NS you have Pictou County pizza which has some kind of different sauce. @Oilers in NS wbag is the difference ?

Reactions: Oilers in NS

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
In NS you have Pictou County pizza which has some kind of different sauce. @Oilers in NS wbag is the difference ?
Bucky
You guys probaby put old seafood sauce from the back of the fridge on it, thinking it’s pizza sauce ;)

Be careful, I have a friend out west here from New Glasgow.,anything you say I will run past him to fact check.

(just jerking your chain, pal)

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Definitely Saskatchewan is known for great pizza especially Regina. We love western and Houston Pizza. Trifon is also very good. Won’t lie though. We usually just go for Panago pizza. We only do western like once or twice a year. Panago is usually our go to.
Driving from Ontario to Edmonton we stayed a night in Regina to visit a colleague at the U of Regina. We had pizza at some hole in the wall place and it was fantastic.

Reactions: tardigrade81

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Bucky
You guys probaby put old seafood sauce from the back of the fridge on it, thinking it’s pizza sauce ;)

Be careful, I have a friend out west here from New Glasgow.,anything you say I will run past him to fact check.

(just jerking your chain, pal)
I won’t eat anything with a tomato so I can’t confirm or deny but I saw a lot of pictou county pizza eaten when I was a kid.

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Driving from Ontario to Edmonton we stayed a night in Regina to visit a colleague at the U of Regina. We had pizza at some hole in the wall place and it was fantastic.
You need to be much more specific. That could be anywhere.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
You need to be much more specific. That could be anywhere.
I wish I could remember where it was. Last time I was in Regina I tried to find it again but could not. All I know is that it was popular with cops it seemed. There were a bunch in the place and they seemed to be very friendly with the staff.

I stayed at the Hotel Saskatchewan and I think it was close by.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Regina aka Greek Pizza is the best. The BEST. Period. Houston, Western and Trifons are the holy trinity.

Saskatoon go to pizza are Venice House in Sutherland but several locations; The Cave; Santa Lucia; Taverna (more traditional Italian style); heard Granada House on the west side is good. Bit out of the loop as I haven't been home since 2018.

Legend of Regina's Greek Style Pizza:

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I'd vote for Jenner if he was an option. Otherwise i chose Guentzel. Sadly, he'd only be a rental if we acquired him but if we won the cup, it's worth it.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I wish I could remember where it was. Last time I was in Regina I tried to find it again but could not. All I know is that it was popular with cops it seemed. There were a bunch in the place and they seemed to be very friendly with the staff.

You mean Marcels.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
lol I swear we are known for that. We have a couple of complete dives like the Regent, Pinocchio pizza, upland pizza. The places are dives, but they make unbelievable pizza. It’s funny.

Reactions: brentashton

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Gonna guess Trifon's Pizza on Broad Street. Which is awesome. Google Maps

Or maybe Copper Kettle: The Copper Kettle

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

HotelSask is in Downtown Regina, which is still one big hole in the wall. I used to love the place but it’s unsafe now as heck. Kinda like anywhere north of 104th in Edmonton with all the social problems there. It’s even creeped south, I worked off Jasper at 105th for many years, used to be an ok area but I wouldn’t step foot there after 4pm now. Downtowns in western canadian cities are an issue nowadays, Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, peg, Saskatoon. Cant speak to the east because I purposely stay away from that place but I assume it’s not much different.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Regina aka Greek Pizza is the best. The BEST. Period. Houston, Western and Trifons are the holy trinity.

Saskatoon go to pizza are Venice House in Sutherland but several locations; The Cave; Santa Lucia; Taverna (more traditional Italian style); heard Granada House on the west side is good. Bit out of the loop as I haven't been home since 2018.

Legend of Regina's Greek Style Pizza:

That was the article @Behind Enemy Lines

thank you for posting.

Venice in Sutherland “hosted” me many nights. so did the sudsy hotel. I should be in jail. Used to be a Venice House in PA, NB, Lloyd, now they are all gone. Good ‘za.

Are we playing hockey against the west coast frauds yet? Waiting….

• Haha
Reactions: Behind Enemy Lines

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Believe it or not, I went with Eberle. I think after adding Perry, we need a little more speed in the lineup.

Guentzel would obviously be amazing but I think the asking price would be too steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad