GDT: XLVIII | "Year of the Wagon" | Oilers @ Kings | 2.10.24 | 8:00PM | HNIC

Considering cost of acquisition, capspace, fit, etc., who's your merc of choice?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
extralarge.png
extralarge.png

(30-16-1) --vs-- (23-15-10)

Game Day: Saturday February 10th 2024
Game Time: 8:00PM
Broadcast: HNIC

OIG3.sTN8Upj8jKzKPQPBl4dG

-----

extralarge.png

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins - Connor McDavid - Zach Hyman
Evander Kane - Leon Draisaitl - Corey Perry
Dylan Holloway - Ryan McLeod - Warren Foegele
Mattias Janmark - Derek Ryan - Connor Brown

Mattias Ekholm - Evan Bouchard
Darnell Nurse - Vincent Desharnais
Brett Kulak - Cody Ceci

Stuart Skinner

-----

extralarge.png

Quinton Byfield - Anze Kopitar - Adrian Kempe
Trevor Moore - Philip Danault - Kevin Fiala
Alex Laferriere - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Carl Grundstrom - Alex Turcotte - Trevor Lewis

Mikey Anderson - Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov - Matt Roy
Andreas England - Jordan Spence

Dave Rittich

-----

SOLI'S SHORTSIDE
  • Does the Nurse - Desharnais pairing see another game? Keep Bouch and Ekholm together please.

• Todays AI artwork inspiration comes from Evander's performance yesterday and looking forward to knocking out the Kings on Lunar New year.

• Poll Question: Pierre LeBrun speculates the Oilers top priority is a Top-6 forward. Of the names he mentions, who is your merc of choice?

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
One thing I like about Knoblauch is that he recognizes when a player is struggling and when to switch up the lines. Being a back-to-back game tonight I wouldn't be surprised if he takes Brown out of the line up and puts Gagner in. At least I hope so

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Auto-correct is not your friend.

What matters is, you knew who I meant. Such strong communication and language skills.

Reactions: brentashton

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
One thing I like about Knoblauch is that he recognizes when a player is struggling and when to switch up the lines. Being a back-to-back game tonight I wouldn't be surprised if he takes Brown out of the line up and puts Gagner in. At least I hope so
Brown doesn’t play with size so Gagner wouldn’t be a step back at all. You’re definitely not giving up offense (lol), in fact your adding.

I’d like to see Gags get a game here. He will be needed down the stretch, so it makes sense to spell him in on occasion.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Auto-correct is not your friend.

What matters is, you knew who I meant. Such strong communication and language skills.
I didn’t know who Daniel Strong was but I was tempted to give him my vote. That’s a very strong hockey name

Last edited:

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
All I know for sure is that Kempe will have a goal and 8 shots against us. As for who will win, it’s a coin flip.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Kings would love to beat us, maybe more than any other team

Our guys will show up, just like they did against Vegas. I expect a solid effort

Reactions: RegDunlop

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Will be interesting to see how they play without Todd.

I think he’s an overall good coach but has limitations holding him back from ever taking a team all the way. But he’s not the reason they were struggling, Blake made a terrible mistake trading for an massively overpaying Dubois.

The pundits loved that trade and I could not understand it. Same as when EVERYONE chose the Flames over us, and even before this season when EVERYONE was predicting the Flames would make the playoffs over the Canucks.

I’m wrong often too but sometimes I see the hockey world kissing certain peoples asses and I just don’t get the love. Dubas, Trieliving are other prime examples.

Anyway, I’m rambling. I hope the offense breaks out tonight and Skinner stands tall.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
My vote is for Eberle. He's been great in the playoffs since leaving Edmonton and probably feels like he has something to prove if he comes back here.
Eberle still has a destiny to fulfill with us. He’s supposed to score the GWG for a Cup. He’s not even on my wishlist because it’s inevitable.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Eberle still has a destiny to fulfill with us. He’s supposed to score the GWG for a Cup. He’s not even on my wishlist because it’s inevitable.
It's a great story but he's going to be 34 in the playoffs. We already have Perry and Gagner as older RW forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad