Speculation: XLIV - Nylander's Wednesday or Thursday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
you guys are naive if you don't think he already had an agreement with management before the season started.

Nylander himself even said Dubas told him to very patient (Shilton's tweet).

This was nothing more than cap savings, probably signs Dec 1st 9AM.

This literally makes no sense considering the time frame were in.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
you guys are naive if you don't think he already had an agreement with management before the season started.

As many have said in the past, and Dubas recently stated in a management meeting, there is no cap benefit in waiting that they can’t achieve signing him today.

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

so what you are saying is that Dubas met with Willy in Zurich to hand him cash to be stashed in swiss banks with no way of tracking by the NHL; for the money he is supposed to have forfeit because of signing Dec. 1st + other dollars he would have to forego because of matthews/marner contracts

i can seriously see that happening :laugh:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
so what you are saying is that Dubas met with Willy in Zurich to hand him cash to be stashed in swiss banks with no way of tracking by the NHL; for the money he is supposed to have forfeit because of signing Dec. 1st + other dollars he would have to forego because of matthews/marner contracts

Yeah its not as if it was Lou:)

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto

Well his mentor was this guy:

Lou Godfather.png

Reactions: Duffman955

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010

Maybe he's not as selfish as some make us to believe and took one for the team, losing 3M :)

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
6.75 x 7 = approx 47 million dollars total. Nylander forefiets around 3 million in salary this year that gets himaround 44 million.

44 million/7= approx 6.3 cap hit from years 2 to 6.

This is assuming there are no signing bonuses. As soon as Leafs offer him signing bonuses the cap relief in years 2 through 6 starts going down depending on the signing bonus
What if they only offer the bonus in the 2 yrs that can be affected by the strike/lock out

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
What makes no sense???
Maximizing every cap dollar makes sense when they have Marner and Matthews up ....

Waiting until Saturday is literally pointless at this time. What are we saving? 5k? Get real, if there was an agreement in place the deal would be done, and Nylander would be signed.

Reactions: Mckay

TDK67

Apr 17, 2016
Hes reporting 6.85 x 6. Let's see

I "reported" that too in the last thread...by using logic to guess that's where they'd end up based on Friedman's and Johnston's articles.

This guy also retweeted a rumor that PHI & TOR had "a deal in place" of Giroux++ for Nylander+ that got nixed at the last second by PHI ownership.

Sounds like a hack to me...

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
What if they only offer the bonus in the 2 yrs that can be affected by the strike/lock out

am not too sure how the semantics work then;

that said there is a rule in CBA that the salary paid (not cap) from one year to the next has to follow two rules:

1. salary change from one year to the next cannot be more than +/- 35% in variation
2. salary in any year cannot be less than 50% of salary paid in a given year

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I think it'll be 6 years 41 million, 650k as base salary,the rest as signing bonus.

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
I "reported" that too in the last thread...by using logic to guess that's where they'd end up based on Friedman's and Johnston's articles.

This guy also retweeted a rumor that PHI & TOR had "a deal in place" of Giroux++ for Nylander+ that got nixed at the last second by PHI ownership.

Sounds like a hack to me...
but i want it to be true so much...

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
am not too sure how the semantics work then;

that said there is a rule in CBA that the salary paid (not cap) from one year to the next has to follow two rules:

1. salary change from one year to the next cannot be more than +/- 35% in variation
2. salary in any year cannot be less than 50% of salary paid in a given year

For calculating how much Nylander loses/cap reduction, only thing that matters is Nylanders base salary.

For the cap variability rules, it includes signing bonus. And I think it’s 30%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad