Speculation: XLIV - Nylander's Wednesday or Thursday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
You really think that Babcock would be saying these things without consulting Dubas? They talk every day.

Exactly.

I actually could see the opposite happening - Dubas encouraging this sort of stuff from Babcock, as another way to put pressure on Nylander. Up until now, Babcock has remained very neutral and avoided much of that talk, but the last week has seen a very noticeable shift in approach; he's dropping Nylander hints at every turn.

The way Babcock is talking about William, is the way my dad used to talk about me when I was younger, to other people, when I was still in the room: "I expect him to attend the family function on the weekend. I expect him to show up." etc.

daveleaf

#FIREKEEFE #MIGHTBETIMETOFIRESHANNYTOO
Mar 23, 2010
Canada
Speculation?

Mental masturbation in an attempt to **** your mind and others into believing some BS agenda.

This is what I would refer to the so called 'insiders' and half the posters on here.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Exactly.

I actually could see the opposite happening - Dubas encouraging this sort of stuff from Babcock, as another way to put pressure on Nylander. Up until now, Babcock has remained very neutral and avoided much of that talk, but the last week has seen a very noticeable shift in approach; he's dropping Nylander hints at every turn.

The way Babcock is talking about William, is the way my dad used to talk about me when I was younger, to other people, when I was still in the room: "I expect him to attend the family function on the weekend. I expect him to show up." etc.

Don't people get Babcock says things black and white. Earlier in week he said betting on hockey, great team mate. But now the keys

Don't confuse opinion with fact
Talk every day, I'm up to date
WE think he will be here and for his career.

Now he wouldn't say we know, because then everyone would know it's done.

Feel there was a breakthrough, enough that Nylander told a Swede reporter yesterday it was his last practice with that team.

I also think he arrived at JFK last night slept, and today or tomorrow they will put on finishing touches which can take awhile

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Or think of it this way, hockey is not a game of chess where you sacrifice a Queen for a sure fire checkmate. We can easily sign Nylander to a stupid contract, have our full team go into the playoffs, and still lose. Then where are we?
The correct answer is screwed when Marner and Matthews both decide to follow the same path because Nylander was successful .

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Gotta love hf.

When the coach saying he is up to date, talking to the GM every day and thinks Willy will be here for a long time, it's bullshit and he's only putting pressure on management.

But when a random weirdo tweets something about someone that might saw something, or if a so called insider tweets the same speculation the 6000th time, it's all happening!

Un f***ing believable.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Yes, Babcock should keep his mouth shut and concentrate on his match ups for his teams next game.

I feel part of Nylander's problem is Babcock. I could be totally and utterly wrong, but, I really don't think Nylander appreciated being sent to the fourth line ahead of some of Babcock's favourites.

JMHO.
Im pretty sure thats not it.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
You really think that Babcock would be saying these things without consulting Dubas? They talk every day.

I'm sure Shanahan did to, how's that working for you?
Nothing productive that's for damn sure

But he's saying he and Kyle talk about the Willy situation and that they (i.e. "we") believe Willy will be a career Leaf.

I'm confused as to how that's applying pressure unless he's flat out lying about his dialogue with Kyle.

Saying he's going to be a career Leaf isn't applying pressure? Sounds like pressure in the media to get a deal done to me

You think he's saying these things without Dubas' blessing? Seems unlikely to me....

We've tried that, it didn't go well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->