Speculation: XLIV - Nylander's Wednesday or Thursday Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Okay behave an speculate away.

Oh, and we'd love to see some real reports, and maybe even a couple facts.

***WARNING****

Only information from verified sources will be permitted. No more random twitter dudes or "my buddy saw Willy at the airport" stuff. Disregarding this warning could earn you infractions or removal from the thread.

If you have something thats not from a verified source, PM a mod with it and we'll decide

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016

***WARNING****

Only information from verified sources will be permitted. No more random twitter dudes or "my buddy saw Willy at the airport" stuff. Disregarding this warning could earn you infractions or removal from the thread.

If you have something thats not from a verified source, PM a mod with it and we'll decide
What about what Burke said Brian Burke on why Maple Leafs, Nylander would battle for $300K - Sportsnet.ca

also FML, typed out this huge multi quote post and the thread closed before I could post

ItalianLeaf

Nov 2, 2006

***WARNING****

If this was in place from the beginning, we wouldn’t be on XLIV

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Delete...
I don't see it, they are going to get a 6/7 yr deal done Fri night Sat morn. I think they are both trying to wait the other out over the last lil nudge. If they were really that far off on a long term deal they would have gotten a bridge deal done by now.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Like I said in the last thread:

As of this point it doesnt make sense for the Leafs to sign Nylander before Saturday. There is no games between now and then (he wont make it back for tonights), so why not maximize the cap relief by signing him on the deadline? Hypothetically a deal can be agreed upon right now, but wont be announced until Saturday to negate any cap circumvention claims or NHLPA involvement.

The only update left would be Nylander in Toronto between now and then.

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Like I said in the last thread:

As of this point it doesnt make sense for the Leafs to sign Nylander before Saturday. There is no games between now and then (he wont make it back for tonights), so why not maximize the cap relief by signing him on the deadline? Hypothetically a deal can be agreed upon right now, but wont be announced until Saturday to negate any cap circumvention claims or NHLPA involvement.

The only update left would be Nylander in Toronto between now and then.

Exactly. The sides could have a deal in place right now but there's no point in signing it. Nylander has already missed a ton of games. 2 more missed games for 6-8 years of cap savings is more than worth it.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
and that comes off as the players being greedy and valuing money over winning

maybe they should have made JT the same pitch and got him to sign for sub 10m like Kuch/Stamkos/Seguin did

Some players are greedy, some are not, really a case by case basis, guess which side of the greedy mountain this guy falls on?:

“If you asked me when I was 15 years old if I was going to be playing for $6 million a year when I would be 22, I don’t think you would be saying the truth.

“Dream come true for me, and happy for what I am getting. I could be play in (the) Czech (Republic) for a couple hundred bucks a month. I’m really happy.”

Reactions: Kazparov

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Previous report said that was Nylander's last practice with that team?

So he's headed off to whatever team he's going to be playing for?

It's a Jr team in Sweden, I think he is so unmotivated by money he wants to play for free in the Jr. league... ;)

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
OK this is what I just heard on the fan590 program. Program producer Ryan Favrro gave some inside scoop that happened last night. They put him live on air to release it. He is newly married and his wife works for a company affiliated with MLSE. Yearly they bring in executives from all affiliations to speak about management. In attendance this year was Dubas, Shannahan and Babcock. During the QA period of the gathering a question was asked in regards to Nylander and its effect on the organization. How they have been dealing with it.

Dubas replied open forum that the process was a learning one for all involved, but that they needed to go through this process for the betterment of the entire organization. With that said, Dubas also stated that he is extremely confident that the Nylander situation will be resolved very shortly. He was then asked if the hold up was so that the Leafs can manage the cap situation better by waiting until December 1st. Dubas replied that there is no difference in savings waiting until Dec 1st and signing the contract tomorrow. But he re-iterated that he feels very confident that the Nylander situation will be resolved.

This all happened last night.

Today Nylander is shown wearing his Leaf colors at a practice in Sweden. He hasn't done such through this whole ordeal, why now?

Secondly it has been reported by sources that have released inside scoop previously, that Nylander has a flight booked to JFK this evening where the Leafs will be waiting so that they can put the final touches on his contract with his agent who is based out of NY. After that signing, Nylander will accompany the Leafs brass on their private plane back to Toronto to announce the signing sometime Friday/Saturday.

Take this for what its worth, but I do not think the fan590 would be stupid enough to air something like this without checking into the validity of the producers story. Piggy back that on everything else. I think this deal is done.

Sounds really promising. What are the flight times for arrivals at JFK tonight from Sweden? There is a what a 6 hr time difference? If true you'd think he would've been on the next plane out after practice

Reactions: The Cobra

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
just for argument sake say they agree on a 6.75x7 and structure it as follows
what would the cap hit be if signed Dec 1st?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Sounds really promising. What are the flight times for arrivals at JFK tonight from Sweden? There is a what a 6 hr time difference? If true you'd think he would've been on the next plane out after practice

Eight and a half hours flight time between Stockholm and JFK.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Not to discount anything else you've said (as it could all be on the money), but he's had a Leafs helmet in every on-ice clip of him that's been shared since the start of the season.

Yup..he has had lead colors in every skate. Plus liking leaf things on social media. The key is what the one poster said about the fan590 comments, him catching a plane to JFK after practice today. Meaning he should be in transit now it's an 8hr flight so that would mean he would arrive between 10pm and midnight

Reactions: HomerJLeafs

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
So I just looked. There are 4 flights today Stockholm to JFK all arrivals around 300pm our time (if I read it correctly) and one arrival at 920am tomorrow. Can someone double check my info lol

Reactions: The Cobra and glue

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
OK this is what I just heard on the fan590 program. Program producer Ryan Favrro gave some inside scoop that happened last night. They put him live on air to release it. He is newly married and his wife works for a company affiliated with MLSE. Yearly they bring in executives from all affiliations to speak about management. In attendance this year was Dubas, Shannahan and Babcock. During the QA period of the gathering a question was asked in regards to Nylander and its effect on the organization. How they have been dealing with it.

Dubas replied open forum that the process was a learning one for all involved, but that they needed to go through this process for the betterment of the entire organization. With that said, Dubas also stated that he is extremely confident that the Nylander situation will be resolved very shortly. He was then asked if the hold up was so that the Leafs can manage the cap situation better by waiting until December 1st. Dubas replied that there is no difference in savings waiting until Dec 1st and signing the contract tomorrow. But he re-iterated that he feels very confident that the Nylander situation will be resolved.

This all happened last night.

Today Nylander is shown wearing his Leaf colors at a practice in Sweden. He hasn't done such through this whole ordeal, why now?

Secondly it has been reported by sources that have released inside scoop previously, that Nylander has a flight booked to JFK this evening where the Leafs will be waiting so that they can put the final touches on his contract with his agent who is based out of NY. After that signing, Nylander will accompany the Leafs brass on their private plane back to Toronto to announce the signing sometime Friday/Saturday.

Take this for what its worth, but I do not think the fan590 would be stupid enough to air something like this without checking into the validity of the producers story. Piggy back that on everything else. I think this deal is done.
sounds like a typical Dubas response since he managed to say process a number of times

member 300185

Thanks, this post (for a change) sounds like a guy not talking out of his ass with a "rumor". If he said there is no difference between that day and Saturday, why the wait?
Flight times, jet lag etc.

HomerJLeafs

i just hope we make the POs
Dec 27, 2017
Im on a mission to will this into existence:SIGN WILLIAM. UNDER 7M LONG TERM. DONT TRADE HIM.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Again I've Google searched flights today

One says 915pm arrive 215pm plus 1 hr. Can someone more apt at this figure out what time that would mean he would be here lol if it's an 8.5flight leaves 915 their time it would be 315 our time and he would land at 1145pm our time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad