GDT: XLIV | "Foul" | Oilers vs. Ducks | 4.21.13 | 6:30PM | Starts on SNET-OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
The Incentive? Oilers drafting a strong, two way player with size, grit and tenacity over a purely skilled top talent. In other words, this year Oilers need to draft someone like Landeskog over someone like RNH. At number 8 they could get that Landeskog, at number 2-3 they'd probably get someone like Drouin, great player but we already have about four of those.
I know, I know. I'm just bugging the Canucks fan.

"Hey guyz. Win these two games so we can finish 2nd. That'd be kewl."

Ugh.

Butane Fan

Jan 29, 2013
Cowtown
This was the the game I was Peckham would draw in alas our Brain trust thinks that us watching Fistric plug away makes the waste of 3rd rounder make sense. Go Oil

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
The Incentive? Oilers drafting a strong, two way player with size, grit and tenacity over a purely skilled top talent. In other words, this year Oilers need to draft someone like Landeskog over someone like RNH. At number 8 they could get that Landeskog, at number 2-3 they'd probably get someone like Drouin, great player but we already have about four of those.

Bit of a weird argument considering Landeskog was drafted 2nd overall, not 8th.

Not to mention the guy who probably fits the Oiler's forward depth needs best is Barkov, a top 5 pick candidate.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
So you don't want to finish 2nd overall because you don't want Drouin, but you want to finish 8th overall to draft Landeskog, who went 2nd overall. Okay, I'm confused.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
I'm going to the game tonight.... It's sad, I'm not even excited. This is the last game on my ticket pack and I was hoping for a meaningful one. Once again...... **** you Oilers.

Indeed.

I smell tank.

It's the only smell coming out of the Oilers' kitchen for 3 years. This season has been a mirage. The nose knows.

With the change of format, it seems unlikely that any GMs will show up.

Tambi will be there. The draft without Tambi is like the Oscars without Billy Crystal.

So glad we kept Whitney and got nothing, sweet deal! I am very interested in the second line.

Got nothing for Whitney. Or Khabby. Or Jones. Or Fistric. Or Peckham.

sweet, jesus.

Gret99zky

Worst Thread Ever
May 5, 2007
Gamma Quadrant
I won't say I want to see the Oilers lose tonight.

I won't be watching the game. So I won't see anything.

Therefore, I want the Oilers to lose for a better draft pick.

Go ahead, accuse me of not being a true fan.

I am rubber and you are glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.:p:

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
So you don't want to finish 2nd overall because you don't want Drouin, but you want to finish 8th overall to draft Landeskog, who went 2nd overall. Okay, I'm confused.
what I'm sayin is Oilers would be forced to pick someone like Landeskog if they drafted eighth (Lazar or Monahan)..if they drafted top three they probably would just take Best Player Available...unless Barkov is more than a skilled forward, I know not much about him.

Just sayin it's time this off season to draft someone with more intangables.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton

I am rubber and you are glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you.:p:

Obligatory:

What kind of fan hopes his team loses :shakehead
What don't you just go cheer for the flames
I hear the leafs bandwagon is calling for people
This team needs to instill a winning culture
don't let the door hit you on the way out.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007

Real fans watch the games.

Most cheer for the team to win.

Koto

May 3, 2011

drouin is the only one who fits that description...the two landeskogs in this draft are likely to go 4-5

hoping we can make it to 4 for barkov.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Real fans watch the games.

Most cheer for the team to win.

If its on TV their only tier 2 fans. So that makes them not as real. The ones who cheer for them to win are tier 3 because most of the tier 1 fans boo them off the ice :sarcasm:

Harley

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This is going to be the last week we get to see a few of these guys in Oilers jerseys.

Go Oilers.

Looking forward to seeing what Lander can offer. His game has progressed quite a bit since last year.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Calgary winning 3-1 hahahaha. Oh god. They are still going to finish higher than us. I think this is the lowest point of the rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad