GDT: XLIV | "Foul" | Oilers vs. Ducks | 4.21.13 | 6:30PM | Starts on SNET-OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I guess we have to see what Hartski and Lander can do in the few remaining games.

I'd consider the remaining games a development period for some....or a last chance to show us what you've got.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
Think I might listen in on the Barons game today, they beat the Heat 7-3 last night, Houston Aeros in an hour from now.

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
Excited to see Lander get some more ice-time.

I hope Yak lights it up.

I don't think it's a guaranteed loss here. The Ducks don't have that much to play for. They are out of the running for the president's trophy.

and the oilers in the past have played well at the end of poor seasons to give us false hope.
I say 3-2 edm.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Cogliano and Souray combine for 23 points in a 13-1 Ducks win.

Book it.

I'm feeling 2 goals for second rounder Cogs. 1 assist for Exile Souray. I'm also thinking that Ryan Jones gets his last goal of the year and as an member of the Oilers.

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
Canucks fan coming in peace.

If you guys sweep the b2b we will love you forever.

Rawg

Its Rog
Jun 20, 2010
Edmonton
I don't think this is thread-worthy but, does anyone else absolutely hate when our games are on sportsnet?
Kevin quinn is dreadful at play calling, I seriously don't know how you mistake Hemsky and gagner after doing the PBP for the last 6 or 7? years every time, or Hemsky/RNH. Every time its here's hemsky with the puc-Nugent ho-Sam gagner. I mean watching it its almost frustrating because half the time he doesnt have a clue whats going on, I mean the other day did anyone else notice when he said "Colorado has pulled their goalie on an offside call" when you could see the refs hand up? Like someone doing his job wouldn't realize there's a delayed penalty on the play? and COL wouldn't like pull their goalie in the second period? My personal favorite is when a bunch of action/scrambling occurs in an exciting area (our net/OPPS) and he goes silent for atleast 5 seconds and doesn't say a thing, I mean id kill for a SCRAMBLE IN FRONT OF THE NET, but nope its silence because he cant think what to say. His play calling is terrible, and whenever we get TSN I make a huge effort to watch the game just for the sole reason of not listening to him

Principe is just awful, He really adds nothing to game, and I really dont understand how he still has a job after all these years, once in awhile, and I mean idk, once a season when he wears the hotdog suit hes good for a laugh, any other time its just a terrible joke/waste of time again

I don't mind the colour guy actually, he seems like hes a smart guy but calls stuff with oilers glasses still (as he should, hes employed by them)

As for the network itself, Replaying of the same commericials over and over (I mean in a row, they play the same one two or three times) My favorite is when we finish commericals and go back to the game and THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN PLAYING so we missed gametime, a goal or two was scored like that. Or when someone gets a penalty they immeditialty cut to the commercials and dont show the call at all, and by the time the commericials end the PP is on, so we dont have a clue what the PK/PP is for at all. Or oh good my extra sportsnet favorite. They'll cut to commericial, finish them go right back to the game then say BRB more commericials again cause they came back too early. Or the amount of sound quality/errors as well I mean i can deal with that, just seems so amateur. I also hate how 90% of the time sportsnet skips the anthems for commercials too, idk Im not a huge chest thumper but I think anthems are cool.

tldr: Our tv games are amateur and terrible and our radio isnt much better

edit: end of season rants bam

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
Kunitz-Jokinen-Iginla
Morrow-Dupuis-Bennett
Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy
Glass-Vitale-Adams

That's Pittsburgh's lineup tonight against the Sens

Without Crosby, Malkin, or Neal... or Martin or Letang on the backend.
Likely still better than our vaunted forward group.

We have a ways to go.

i dont want any of those players on the Oilers. Iginla and Morrow are trashed / passengers now. the rest are decent role players with some mega stars. sustain that lineup for a full season and theyre out of the playoffs around the Carolina/TB mark.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
Toni Rajala scores!!! According to the OKC commentator he looked like Wayne Gretzky behind the net! lol

Go Barons!

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
I wouldn't mind seeing the Oilers lose these two games. :) Where's the incentive to win?

The Incentive? Oilers drafting a strong, two way player with size, grit and tenacity over a purely skilled top talent. In other words, this year Oilers need to draft someone like Landeskog over someone like RNH. At number 8 they could get that Landeskog, at number 2-3 they'd probably get someone like Drouin, great player but we already have about four of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad