Boston Bruins XIV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
With the expansion draft coming acquiring a goaltender who is exempt from the list while Rask’s immediate and future concerns persist doesn’t make any sense to you?
So many points....

Cost of Aquisition?
1) A non playoff team trading away a good goalie that is NOT exempt for lower value (due to looming Seattle draft) is possible.
2) Any team trading away a good, established goalie who IS exempt will be expensive for obvious reasons. I say established because a Tuukka replacement will have to be established.

Liklihood of Aquisition?
3) Ignore exempt status for a moment. Is there a goalie out there who would make us appreciably better than we are with a healthy Tuukka?
4) If so, what do you think that will cost?

Are We Trading for This Season or Future?
5) I ask 4, because if we spend our limited assets on a Tuukka replacement in hopes of making a dent this season, do you think our secondary scoring and scrambly defense problems just go away???? How much BETTER than Tuukka does a Tuukka replacement have to be to make us not worry about our other obvious flaws?

I ask 5, because if this team makes a serious effort to trade for a goalie at TDL we are f***ed and absolutely should sell. Aggressively.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Lauzon has 5 games remaining. With injuries, think it complicates things more.

So if we picked up Edler from Vancouver and played Zboril and sat or sent down Lauzon, he wouldn't have the games and we wouldn't have to protect him?? Sorry if I'm not understanding correctly, these rules are confusing.

Maybe trade Bjork (who I think would be exposed anyway) with a pick for Edler & Vesey. Both are UFA.

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Ritchie-Krejci-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Coyle-Kase/Senyshyn/Vesey
Frederic-Kuraly-Wagner

Gryz-McAvoy
Edler-Miller
Zboril-Clifton/Carlo

Could trade for Elvis depending on the price, or go with the kids and roll the dice on Rask

DiggityDog

2 Minutes for Ruffing
Nov 2, 2019
So many points....

Cost of Aquisition?
1) A non playoff team trading away a good goalie that is NOT exempt for lower value (due to looming Seattle draft) is possible.
2) Any team trading away a good, established goalie who IS exempt will be expensive for obvious reasons. I say established because a Tuukka replacement will have to be established.

Liklihood of Aquisition?
3) Ignore exempt status for a moment. Is there a goalie out there who would make us appreciably better than we are with a healthy Tuukka?
4) If so, what do you think that will cost?

Are We Trading for This Season or Future?
5) I ask 4, because if we spend our limited assets on a Tuukka replacement in hopes of making a dent this season, do you think our secondary scoring and scrambly defense problems just go away???? How much BETTER than Tuukka does a Tuukka replacement have to be to make us not worry about our other obvious flaws?

I ask 5, because if this team makes a serious effort to trade for a goalie at TDL we are f***ed and absolutely should sell. Aggressively.
I don’t have answers for you, But I can guess as to why they are doing it though. We don’t know what goes on behind close doors and if they are truly looking at a goaltender than it tells me that this may actually be Tuukka’s last season in Boston, or at the very least his injury requires more time and they need to get a more reliable piece to keep them afloat (like you, I think this is foolhardy).

Is Rask retiring? Who knows? If he is they can’t rely on Vladar to be the starter next season or Swayman and definitely not Halak.

I don’t know what’s going to happen and I don’t want to assume, but if they are looking at a goaltender than it isn’t so much a NOW move, it’s more of a going forward move.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well is many ways it has been a dissapointing year. Many players have not lived up to expectations. If it wasn't for the top vets ( Bergy & Marchand) this team would be in major trouble. Coyle, DeBrusk, Kuraly, Wagner have really struggled. Second line has been missing in most games. Ritichie and Smith have been okay at times. High hopes for our young players has not really happened. Studnicki, Bjork, Vak, Seny, etc. have not really produced. A few bright spots in Frederick, Lauzon, Zboril, and our young goalies, but overall it has been disapointing and not very hopeful. Now with Halak with Covid, Tuukka hurt, Sweeney is in a real difficult situation. What do you do? This team is not a Stanley Cup contender and you have some assets that you could move to make them better next year. Can he find a top potential center? Can he find a true quaterback for the powerplay? Do we need a goalie? And where do you find those pieces when you don't have any real pospects or players that have value?
I just hope Sweeney does waste draft picks on meaningless acquistions.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I hope Taylor "Money is not a big deal, I wanna win, but I signed in Buffalo and have scored 2 goals since" Hall doesn't set foot in our lockeroom.

Iafallo sounds realistic though.
Iafallo is more of an off the map move, so maybe he’ll pull the trigger.

Hall goes to Toronto or Florida, I think Sweeney’s looking for a package.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
We will be the runner-ups again.

IMO, teams out of the playoffs: Devils / Ottawa / Buffalo / Sharks / LA / Ducks / Canucks / Calgary / Columbus / Dallas / Detroit

We should be able to do something, each team can offer us an improvement to current state.

It's been said here and by others, that the Bruins probably don't do any big deal because no one wants what they have.

Reactions: tremha and Fenian24

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
I know it is more or less irrelevant to an extent in terms of impact right now but I was surprised to see Nick Merkley waived by NJ. That is a right shot RW who could be groomed to play top 6. He's only 23 and a former 1st rounder.

Reactions: Gordoff

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
It's interesting, Coyotes are in a similar standings spot as us. They are probably actually the best candidate to do a hockey move trade.

They need signed D, we need a forward. Gotta think deal for Garland is around UV+
Yeah though, I think it may be easier for them to pack it in and say it’s not our year. Just based on the difference in markets.

member 96824

I know it is more or less irrelevant to an extent in terms of impact right now but I was surprised to see Nick Merkley waived by NJ. That is a right shot RW who could be groomed to play top 6. He's only 23 and a former 1st rounder.

Think about what it says about him though that NJ looking to build a core around that age group AND moved two forwards yesterday for nothing and still said "If anyone wants this guy for free, they can have him"

Better than Senyshyn at the NHL level but still not it.

Reactions: Gordoff

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Disappointed they didn't close the deal for Palmieri. Great trade for the Isles. I'd have taken Zajac as well, he'd have been an upgrade for the 4th line and really the 3rd line with the way Coyle has been playing.

I get why they wouldn't want to give up a 1st round pick for a guy who could walk given the state of the team but, man, he would have been a great fit.

I just want Sweeney to choose a path. Marginal upgrades aren't going to turn the team into a contender. If you aren't going all in you might as well try to get a 1st for Krejci and whatever assets you can get for Kuraly and Halak. I don't mind if they keep their powder dry given the state of the team right now but don't sit on expiring contracts if that's the way forward. There's no sense in sitting on a middling team.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Iafallo would be a nice "start building for next years run" piece.

Not THE piece, but a piece.

That being said, he's the "up and down the lineup" tweener 2nd/3rd line player(leans toward third) that @LouJersey has been predicting all along.
He's better than Kuhlman and a line of DeBrusk - Coyle - Iafallo would be solid.

Move Kuhlman to the 4th line which improves that line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad