Boston Bruins XIV-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvkmedia

Let’s fight through this….
Mar 2, 2002
Kingsville
www.hollandbloorview.ca
In regards to Hall - I think he thought playing with Eichel would propel him into a super new contract. What he found out the hard way is that a 1 line team doesn't do well. If he came here, he would likely play with Krejci and Pasta.

I think a Hoffman on the cheap to ride shot gun with Bergeron and Marchand would be fine too.

Drop Smith with Coyle and Richie.

Anchor a deal with Debrusk ++ for Noah Hannifin. (note this is where our 1st goes along with a young defensceman).

Hall, Hoffman and Hannifin - Triple H hits the Ghardens and we win the World Title!!! Book it!!

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
just because they're playing in the top 6 doesn't make them top 6 wings. it means the bruins are just not deep. and I like what Ritchie & Smith have done this year, but I'd prefer to have options.
If they're not top 6 wings then what do the islanders have?

Ritchie 10g 10a 20 pts
Beauvillier 7g 8a 15 pts

Smith 7g 12a 19pts
Bailey 6g 18a 24pts

Their second line wings have one 20g season between their entire combined NHL careers.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
He pretty clearly wrote: "Daren Dreger on TSN 360..." Not sure how much clearer of a statement he could make in referring to who he was quoting or where he heard it.
You're correct, as is @Mr. Make-Believe, who pointed it out before you. I've admitted my gaffe in a follow-up post and publicly chastised myself for prematurely opening my virtual yap.

Last edited:

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
I like him, fans here would love him if he was drafted here. Not sure he has enough offensively to fill the holes we have.

I know it’s hypothetical but the Flyers would never trade him here haha.
Probably not here, but I think they heathy scratched him a couple times this year. Pretty big red flag on a kid who's on the hook for big money for the next 5+ years.

Odd that were after all the guys Sweeney could have signed without giving up assets during off-season.....
And who would be big time targets of this fanbase if they performed for Boston the way they have for the clubs that signed em.

Last edited:

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I’m sort of in the same place. Mainly because I believe the Bruins organization is more sound than any of the other organizations he’s been in. So I think if anyone can turn this guy around it’s a good chance Bergeron/Marchand could do it. Not as line mates but just as teammates, stick his locker right next to 37, have him sleep on the futon in Bergy’s basement and see what happens.

I also would love to see a line of Hall-Krejci-Pasta.

There’s plenty guys I’d prefer over him, but if he was to come here I think Hall has a better chance than the places he’s been.
Not saying Hall has made the best judgement in his NHL career... But he has an NMC and can pick which team he wants to go to.

Think the Iginla situation.

Isle's getting stacked. Hall picks where he goes.

Does Hall look at the Bruins and say, Wow, do wanna play with David Krejci and Craig Smith? If Lou can make the money work, I see him making that deal happen... because he can.

We already saw Hall make the decision to pick Eichel and the Sabres over us, wouldn't be surprised to see him pick an easy way out and go with the Isles.

I still don't want Hall, but I am re-signed to the fact that our incompetent GM isn't good at fixing this team... so a bandaid likely is what is gonna happen.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Odd that were after all the guys Sweeney could have signed without giving up assets during off-season.....
Imagine that! And he didn't have the excuse of not enough cap room this past summer either. But hey, we have a third liner on the second line, and a third liner on the first line, and 4th liner/scratch player who was supposed to be on the 2nd line out of commission. I get that Ritchie and Smith are doing admirably so far, but we shall see how that works out when the Bs are playing the better teams from a non-trash division. Now here we are back where we usually are with DS at the deadline. I'm fully expecting the usual DS' strategy. I get it. I always loved Filene's Basement as a kid.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
If they're not top 6 wings then what do the islanders have?

Ritchie 10g 10a 20 pts
Beauvillier 7g 8a 15 pts

Smith 7g 12a 19pts
Bailey 6g 18a 24pts

Their second line wings have one 20g season between their entire combined NHL careers.
that's kind of the point, right? The isles needed more offensive depth and added it (and might add more). The Bruins haven't yet.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Not saying Hall has made the best judgement in his NHL career... But he has an NMC and can pick which team he wants to go to.

Think the Iginla situation.

Isle's getting stacked. Hall picks where he goes.

Does Hall look at the Bruins and say, Wow, do wanna play with David Krejci and Craig Smith? If Lou can make the money work, I see him making that deal happen... because he can.

We already saw Hall make the decision to pick Eichel and the Sabres over us, wouldn't be surprised to see him pick an easy way out and go with the Isles.

I still don't want Hall, but I am re-signed to the fact that our incompetent GM isn't good at fixing this team... so a bandaid likely is what is gonna happen.
Yeah that’s a good point, and I think Lou knows this. That’s probably his best chance to win, if he truly takes that seriously.

Maybe if he’s promised an extension that could get him to pick another place over the Isles but that concerns me as well.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Hall will thrive hear. The Hall Krejci Pasta line will be great. And will result in a 2 yr krejco extension (5M per)

This would be a wonderful situation if it came true...

hoping something happens, I'm okay if they say they can't get everything but let's make a step in the direction of adding some scoring depth. I could see Debrusk or someone similar being moved out to try and shake some of the younger kids up.

Reactions: Gordoff

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Yeah that’s a good point, and I think Lou knows this. That’s probably his best chance to win, if he truly takes that seriously.

Maybe if he’s promised an extension that could get him to pick another place over the Isles but that concerns me as well.
Who said anything about extending Hall. His words not the teams. Nobody is jumping through hoops in giving him a contract.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Probably not here, but I think they heathy scratched him a couple times this year. Pretty big red flag on a kid who's on the hook for big money for the next 5+ years.
Yeah true, well then he could be on the move this offseason. What were the reasons for the scratch?Could just be AV being an idiot.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
that's kind of the point, right? The isles needed more offensive depth and added it (and might add more). The Bruins haven't yet.
That was the second line before Lee went down though.

I wouldn't give up any real value to bring in a rental for this club. Too many ?s about them, the season and all around.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I’m not interested in Hall, but, at the same time, I’d be happy if he came here. I realize that’s contradictory but hey, maybe he could provide some playoff scoring so we don’t have to rely on the first line as the only threat.

Yes, I know his stats are bad. What I don’t quite buy is the idea that he only went to Buffalo to get money. Maybe he thought he and Eichel could help turn the team around. I don’t know, obviously, but there are many moving pieces that inform any decision a player makes so saying that he only (or at least mainly) cares about money doesn’t seem right.
I feel the same. Hall is such a coin toss. He’s either going to continue to be Buffalo Hall & Sweeney gets roasted for it. Or he comes in guns blazing under the wings of Bergeron & Marchand and carries the 2nd line and wins the Conn Smythe. There is no in between

Reactions: Gordon Lightfoot

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Who said anything about extending Hall. His words not the teams. Nobody is jumping through hoops in giving him a contract.

Not saying anyone is jumping through hoops in giving him a contract, I’m saying if a team really wanted him an extension could get him to go to that team.

Reactions: BAD BOY

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I still plan to investigate if my truck hoisted on jacks in reverse removes mileage! Has this ever been debunked?!
People also ask

Does odometer go backwards in reverse?

When you run the car in reverse, the odometer actually can go backwards -- it's just a gear train. ... In real life, the odometer would've turned back. Another trick is to hook the odometer's cable up to a drill and run it backwards to rewind the miles.Jan 17, 2001

Reactions: Oates2Neely

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

Not saying anyone is jumping through hoops in giving him a contract, I’m saying if a team really wanted him an extension could get him to go to that team.

I feel the same. Hall is such a coin toss. He’s either going to continue to be Buffalo Hall & Sweeney gets roasted for it. Or he comes in guns blazing under the wings of Bergeron & Marchand and carries the 2nd line and wins the Conn Smythe. There is no in between
Edmonton
New Jersey
Arizona
Buffalo
?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
That's exactly how it should be IMO. Contract negotiations, trade talks, trade requests or NMC waive requests...all of it should be private.
TD Charlie you are 100% correct. The adult in me knows that it’s not good business to leak info, particularly as these are people’s lives and families being moved around like chess pieces.

The child in me wants leaks though.:laugh: And a box of Whoppers. A big box too, not one of those big looking boxes you could get at the movies. Which I kind of remember. Along with live concerts and live hockey games those things are getting a little foggy. I seem to recall they were fun.

Reactions: TD Charlie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad