Boston Bruins XII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I've said it over and over that I want Palmieri on the Bruins but I would like to see him sign a new deal through at least next year. He's at $4.25 (cap hit of $4.65) coming off a 5 year contract. B's have enough money in the bank even if they sign Tuukka and Krejci.
I think he’ll be looking for a new deal long past next year. He’s looking for that 30 year old anchor deal.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Only Miles Wood is under contract for next season so unless you plan to re-sign Palmieri and Kulikov I'd pump the breaks on acquiring all 3.

I can see them getting Palmieri in a sign and trade as well as Wood since he's got term left

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I expect Palmieri to go to the Islanders due to the Lamoriello connection but I'd be damn happy to have him on the Bruins, down year or not. You can find flaws with literally any player. Bottom line, he would be a huge upgrade on what they have. He's young enough that you could extend him, maybe not too long but he should be decent for a few years still. I wouldn't complain if that's their move for a RW.
We have Pasta on RW and not needing Palmeri now

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'd rather pay more/serious assets for a guy that they plan on being on the team more than a hot minute. Otherwise it's like throwing away spare change. At the time it doesn't matter much, but after a while you noticed you threw away a couple dollars. You could just spend the few dollars upfront for a longer term solution.

What do they have that we can part with to do that without making a problem elsewhere? Bruins are not exactly stocked with A level prospects and good players that are surplus to requirements.

EDIT: and by the way I am not advocating a rental here, I don't want to see that, just talking about players that make Boston an instant cup favorite are not to be had by us.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
The draft is stacked next year.
Have a look at Connor Bedard whom at 15yrs old is leading the Western Hockey League in scoring. How can we get a first from a team that will be dead last in two years and who will it be?

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
You don't think Palmieri would be an upgrade on Senyshyn or Kuhlman?
Palmeri is obviously better but I don’t want a $5m player on my third or fourth line. Pasta fits fine on second line with Krecji and Nick F Ritchie

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
The draft is stacked next year.
Have a look at Connor Bedard whom at 15yrs old is leading the Western Hockey League in scoring. How can we get a first from a team that will be dead last in two years and who will it be?

We wont have to do much to get a first from that team... id say nothing is a good place to start

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
No rentals is my stance and I'm sticking to that. Pay more for a guy with term if need be, but stop throwing assets away for guys that will wear the jersey for ~20 games at most.

Agreed, they just can't afford this type of thing anymore. They've done that for too long. If they are giving away assets they need to acquire keepers not rentals.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So what are you hockey mavens giving up for Palmeiri let’s hear the offers

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Would NJ or Cancouver have any interest in acquiring Hughes to put the brothers together. Vancouver is known for liking brothers to play together..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad