Boston Bruins XII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
@Montecristo in the last thread you said Palmieri giving you 13 ES goals wasn't a big deal...you realize that's actually really solid even strength production, right?

since 15/16 he's the 12th ranked RW in the NHL in 5v5 goals. That's infinitely better than anything we've had in our top 6 outside of the big 4 in the last 5 years.

palmieri helps. Hes a solid 2nd line right wing. I just dont think he is good enough to get the bruins a stanley cup. He brings little to none in terms of playoff pedigree or experience. Hes been a big fish in a small pond with nj and anaheim. His ice time will drop in boston. Id rather someone like miles wood honestly at least he impacts the game without scoring. Boston needs scoring for sure, but they also need some energy. A more prototypical 4th line could help that and wood is a great candidate to boost a 4th line. Palmieri to me i never seem to notice on the ice

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
palmieri helps. Hes a solid 2nd line right wing. I just dont think he is good enough to get the bruins a stanley cup. He brings little to none in terms of playoff pedigree or experience. Hes been a big fish in a small pond with nj and anaheim. His ice time will drop in boston. Id rather someone like miles wood honestly at least he impacts the game without scoring. Boston needs scoring for sure, but they also need some energy. A more prototypical 4th line could help that and wood is a great candidate to boost a 4th line. Palmieri to me i never seem to notice on the ice
when the NHL changes the rules to award games to the team with players you notice the most instead of players that score the most goals then I'll agree.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I shouldn't be surprised that on the message board where people think 700+ point David Krejci is a 3rd line center that I also need to convince people that Kyle Palmieri is good, but here I am.
This place has posters who have been trying to ship out David Krejci for the last 10 years. It will never change. Hell Krejci will be retired and people will still be irrationally pissed off when you utter his name.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
I don’t know. Tbh, I don’t think we’re getting him. I’m just saying in general for people who don’t think he’d move the needle. I think he does or any acquisition like him. It strengthens your lineups scoring depth.

He does just that, but him alone, I wonder if its enough, but I guess it all depends on how the cookie crumbles.

I agree though I don't think he's coming here. Islanders would be my guess.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I don’t know. Tbh, I don’t think we’re getting him. I’m just saying in general for people who don’t think he’d move the needle. I think he does or any acquisition like him. It strengthens your lineups scoring depth.
Sweeney generally makes a trade no one is talking about. The rumours ever really pan out do they?

Reactions: bbfan419 and TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

On top of that, he is likely the best level of player Boston is going to add. Who else is there that will not require creating another giant hole to acquire? You get past the Palmieri level player and you are giving up some serious assets.

ylekot

Still evaluating..
Feb 2, 2010
Paxton Massachusetts
54gr59.jpg

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
On top of that, he is likely the best level of player Boston is going to add. Who else is there that will not require creating another giant hole to acquire? You get past the Palmieri level player and you are giving up some serious assets.

I'd rather pay more/serious assets for a guy that they plan on being on the team more than a hot minute. Otherwise it's like throwing away spare change. At the time it doesn't matter much, but after a while you noticed you threw away a couple dollars. You could just spend the few dollars upfront for a longer term solution.

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
He does just that, but him alone, I wonder if its enough, but I guess it all depends on how the cookie crumbles.

I agree though I don't think he's coming here. Islanders would be my guess.

Definitely depends on how a line like JDB/Coyle/Smith click. I do worry about a true playmaker lacking here. But they are a potential matchup nightmare if they’re all clicking.

Reactions: TCB

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
I expect Palmieri to go to the Islanders due to the Lamoriello connection but I'd be damn happy to have him on the Bruins, down year or not. You can find flaws with literally any player. Bottom line, he would be a huge upgrade on what they have. He's young enough that you could extend him, maybe not too long but he should be decent for a few years still. I wouldn't complain if that's their move for a RW.

Reactions: bbfan419

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I've said it over and over that I want Palmieri on the Bruins but I would like to see him sign a new deal through at least next year. He's at $4.25 (cap hit of $4.65) coming off a 5 year contract. B's have enough money in the bank even if they sign Tuukka and Krejci.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I’d rather have Hall at 50% retained and if he plays well. Conditional pick if resigned.

Marshy Bergeron Hall
Ritchie DK Pasta
DeBrusk Coyle Smith
Frédéric Studnika Senyshn

that’s a real good top 6 and I think would energize Hall to BE the best he can be.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Lucic pick was an interesting one. Bradley was diagnosed with cancer and had surgery, which kept him home in Vancouver. He got to watch Lucic, who played for the Giants, for the better part of the season and fell in love with him. I’ve read that Bradley tried to convince Gorton to take him at 37.
Yes

I have heard Bradley and Gorton had quite a falling out over this and wasn’t a good situation

Also Chiarelii was an agent before going into Ottawa front office and he is 100% behind Chara and Savard signings although I’m sure Gorton likes getting credit. Who wouldn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad