Boston Bruins XII-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
You're right, Stempniak actually had a better ppg than Palmieri when traded.

That aside, you can see the ongoing issue.
Palmieri has 5 seasons over 20 goals. Stempniak had 1 and it was 8 years before he got traded here. It's idiotic to compare them.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
First it was Stempniak, now it is Palmieri, next year it will be someone else. Sweeney is great at wasting assets without actually addressing the issue.

Palmieri has averaged 29 goals per 82 games as a Devil. Right hand shot, right winger. That would be an exceptional add to the lineup.

Reactions: Gordoff

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Palmieri has 5 seasons over 20 goals. Stempniak had 1 and it was 8 years before he got traded here. It's idiotic to compare them.

I guess I'll continue being an idiot,
pointing out Sweeney's complete failure to address the offense is worth it.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I guess I'll continue being an idiot,
pointing out Sweeney's complete failure to address the offense is worth it.
hey man, you're the one arguing that adding a consistent 25+ goal guy wouldn't help just because he's having an off year in a weird-ass time for everyone. I'm as mad as anyone that it has taken Sweeney this long, but Palmieri absolutely helps us and it's not a band-aid fix like a Stempniak, not even close. If anything his down year helps us because it's a chance to buy low.

Reactions: Gordoff

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
I could have sworn that the narrative here just three days ago was that we didn't want any rentals whatsoever... did one win vs Penguins really convince people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad