GDT: XII | "Overthrow The Proletariat" | Oilers vs. Capitals | 10.22.14 | 7:30 PM | SNET-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
Stay safe, man.

ps stay safe

Stay safe brother.

Appreciate it guys. I'm fine; stuck right in the heart of downtown. All the action seems to have migrated to the east side of downtown near the Rideau Centre where the Leafs are holed up. I came out of my regular coffee shop just after 10am this morning and blasting down the street was the RCMP SWAT team. Not unusual here, but was not expecting this. I'm most worried about being able to get out of here and get my kids from daycare. Last time we went in to lockdown we were here until midnight.

torcidasplit

Nov 18, 2008
Edmonton
I hope you get to pick up your kids, that would be scary. What happens if you are on lock down till midnight, how does the daycare deal with that..

MinnesotaFats

Aug 10, 2005
I hope you get to pick up your kids, that would be scary. What happens if you are on lock down till midnight, how does the daycare deal with that..

Thanks. We have friends lined up that can get them if it comes to that. Hopefully it doesn't; would mean that there is still a gunman loose.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
4-1 Washington. Two games with 2 goals against, it's about time the dam breaks again with Washington's high-powered offense against Dallas Eakins' "coaching".

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'm still riding that win

Fayne and marincin keep ovie at 1 point or less, and the oilers win 4-3.

Hall And nuge with 2 points, drai with his first goal, and a marincin goal.

Pennertration

Oct 25, 2007
Calgary
As I will be watching the game in my Calgary mancave, I have one request for those who are attending the game tonight: PLEASE SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM AS LOUDLY AS POSSIBLE TONIGHT!

It may "just be a sporting event" but tonight's game is a great venue for expressing our national pride.

Thank you.

DarkSaturn

Sep 10, 2008
I predict the commentators making Yakupov/Ovechkin comparisons.

You know, cause they are wingers... from Soviet Hockeystan.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
4-2 Caps EN.

Dumb Pouliot penalty leads to Ovechkin PP goal at the end of the 2nd, Oilers press for the entire 3rd but can't tie it up.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
4-2 Caps EN.

Dumb Pouliot penalty leads to Ovechkin PP goal at the end of the 2nd, Oilers press for the entire 3rd but can't tie it up.
It is true that we seem to have no shortage of dumb penalties this year. Joensuu has to be the worst at that

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
Predicting one similar to the LA game. Oilers lose 6-1. HFOil has another meltdown. Eakins talks about how it was a game of inches and actually really close.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
i just hope someone covers ovechkin on the aggressive faceoff in our defensive zone, not sure if the swarm is fast enough

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
As I will be watching the game in my Calgary mancave, I have one request for those who are attending the game tonight: PLEASE SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM AS LOUDLY AS POSSIBLE TONIGHT!

It may "just be a sporting event" but tonight's game is a great venue for expressing our national pride.

Thank you.

This x100, I'm stuck out in Saskatchewan but I'm hoping today's anthem is sung as passionately as the 06 playoffs tonight after the tragedy in Ottawa today.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown

Thank you.

Agreed.

I'd be wearing a Team Canada jersey to the game if I were attending tonight.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The thing about bad teams that put in a big effort to end a 5 game losing streak is that they need to be on a 5 game losing streak to get that effort.

Thinking 5-2 caps.

Kulleroinen*

So why everyone is going offtopic about something related to Ottawa/national pride?

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
Anyone attending the game tonight, or going to watch at a bar, wear a team Canada jersey with pride to support our brothers and sisters in Ottawa.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
The thing about bad teams that put in a big effort to end a 5 game losing streak is that they need to be on a 5 game losing streak to get that effort.

Thinking 5-2 caps.

LA game aside, don't think they played any better against Tampa than they did against Calgary or Vancouverx2.

Even in most of their losses, they look like a better team to me, defensive lapses and all. Even if it's a loss, I don't think it will be a 5 goal game.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains

Thank you.

Will do :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad