Boston Bruins XI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
No Lady Byng for MacKinnon this year

That was some funny shit

Admittedly, I know nothing about Garland, but if he elicits that type of response from a guy like NM, imagine what he and Brad could do together.

His size is a concern, especially come playoffs when things ramp up, but maybe he’s got some Martin St. L in him.

Reactions: Gordoff and DKH

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I hope they really are putting together a deal. Sweeney has not made a move like that- for a young, talented emerging star- since he's been here. There's a first time for everything. Let this be that time.

And it's a nice direction away from this black/white Buyer/seller mentality, too.

I'm all for it.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Quite a lot of argument about Miles Wood. Miles friggin Wood. He wood be a good pickup if the Bruins could get him, but he's a third line guy. He isn't the main thing they need, but if it was on the back of getting a top 6 goal scorer, I wood like to see it :laugh:
Garland,Wood,Palmeri. Best chance at a cup and we stay young.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Can someone shed some light on Garland for me? I haven't seen him play before. What is his style? His stats look decent - but there must be more to the story as to why people are coveting him.

Any insight?
He's definitely solid. My issue with him is his size, he's tiiiiinnnny. I see him get knocked around a bit, but there's no ignoring that he has big time potential to be a 50-55 point guy.

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Can someone shed some light on Garland for me? I haven't seen him play before. What is his style? His stats look decent - but there must be more to the story as to why people are coveting him.

Any insight?

He's a scrappy little right handed young Marchand would be my comparison. Obviously not on Marchand's current level, but he skates very well, brings tons of energy, has a sneaky good shot, creates offense for his linemates and battles hard and wins pucks. He's small but he's sturdy and doesn't take any shit. I like him a lot.

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Hey I’m all for Eichel as well

I just want someone young and good to build with Pastrnak/ a legit top 2 line player
For sure, I want Eichel because I believe he is a legit 25 yo #1 center. Bergeron is the perfect #2. Bergeron,Marchand and Pasta/Eichel. Now those are 2 top lines, no more complaining about our scoring. Now if we get a Easter miracle and can end of with Garland we have the best Top 5 forwards in all of hockey.

Reactions: bbfan419

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

Garland chirps Gibson, has both teams pile on top of him and ends up being the only one who goes to the box. If that doesn't say Bruin I don't know what does.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Gusev on waivers. he had a decent year last season, but this year it's looked like he forgot how to play hockey, due to Lindy Ruff holding him accountable. He would make a nice addition to Boston's........pressbox. he has as much enthusiasm as I do when my wife clicks on Call the Midwife.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The Bruins are very good at coaching up two way play. I think Wood wood benefit from the Bruins system and could really be a nice complementary player for the bottom 6.
I think he'd back off his game here. For all the talk from the coaching staff about pushing the forecheck they've pretty consistently underperformed there and IMO forwards think defense/don't-get-caught-up-ice first which is the real product of the system and coaching staff.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
I will be ok if Don didn’t make any moves at this point especially if it going to cost them a number 1 for a rental as per usual. I think the bruins are going to have some money to spend because I don’t think both Rask and DK will be back or at least the same price

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I will be ok if Don didn’t make any moves at this point especially if it going to cost them a number 1 for a rental as per usual. I think the bruins are going to have some money to spend because I don’t think both Rask and DK will be back or at least the same price
And you're expecting they'll spend it, unlike this year?

Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The Bruins have an insane amount of capspace in the offseason. I hope they re-sign Krejci and Rask but if not... I'd love to see a 3rd line of Lowry-Coyle-Armia.

The puck protection on that line would be insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad