Boston Bruins XI-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I’m sure there’s some advanced stat that shows him as a pig and everything our eye is seeing is untrue.
the point is that when a guy like him makes an end to end rush or a big hit it's really memorable. But if he makes 1 or 2 of those a game (and only a fraction result in an actual goal) but then makes a half dozen boneheaded positional plays (things that are not so memorable to the human eye), then he can be a net negative player even if you walk away remembering his 1 or 2 impressive plays. It's a case of a guy where the good things he does stick out but the bad things he does don't so you think of him as being better than he really is.

Now if he can consistently turn those rushes into goals or turn those hits into chances or whatever then at some point you live with his downsides. He's trending that way this year, but his shooting % is also way up and that typically doesn't last.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
the point is that when a guy like him makes an end to end rush or a big hit it's really memorable. But if he makes 1 or 2 of those a game (and only a fraction result in an actual goal) but then makes a half dozen boneheaded positional plays (things that are not so memorable to the human eye), then he can be a net negative player even if you walk away remembering his 1 or 2 impressive plays. It's a case of a guy where the good things he does stick out but the bad things he does don't so you think of him as being better than he really is.

Now if he can consistently turn those rushes into goals or turn those hits into chances or whatever then at some point you live with his downsides. He's trending that way this year, but his shooting % is also way up and that typically doesn't last.

The Bruins are very good at coaching up two way play. I think Wood wood benefit from the Bruins system and could really be a nice complementary player for the bottom 6.

Reactions: HustleB and Gordoff

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
The Bruins are very good at coaching up two way play. I think Wood wood benefit from the Bruins system and could really be a nice complementary player for the bottom 6.
but at what cost? If he's forced to actually play defense and can't just fly the zone like he does in New Jersey then what's even the point?

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
getting away from Wood (please)...

I'm totally sold on Conor Garland. He seems like a great fit and it actually makes me sad now b/c I really want him here and don't think it will happen.

Same, he would be a perfect fit for Boston. I'm actively rooting for Arizona to tank at this point so they start selling :laugh: it's a long shot but that's the kind of guy I would give up some real assets for.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
getting away from Wood (please)...

I'm totally sold on Conor Garland. He seems like a great fit and it actually makes me sad now b/c I really want him here and don't think it will happen.

Agreed- Wood wood be fine, but he is not the droid we are looking for. Garland is. Make it so Donnie (but I feel like you do, it won't happen).

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
We sure Garland isn't concussed...everything on Twitter shows him as a punching back.

McKinnon throwing his helmet at him
Landeskog with the take down move the other game

Haha

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
We sure Garland isn't concussed...everything on Twitter shows him as a punching back.

McKinnon throwing his helmet at him
Landeskog with the take down move the other game

Haha
that just tells me they hate him haha

I think he could actually help take some heat off Marchand.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
There were some advanced stats that were thrown around over the summer that convinced some posters that it wouldn’t be a good deal for us to trade DeBrusk for Boeser, when we were talking about trade proposals with Vancouver. Edmonton fans also threw around advanced stats to convince themselves that some of their lesser D were better than Nurse. :laugh:

I'd trade Debrusk for a stick of Chewing Gum

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Same, he would be a perfect fit for Boston. I'm actively rooting for Arizona to tank at this point so they start selling :laugh: it's a long shot but that's the kind of guy I would give up some real assets for.
Yah I liked that 9-3 call off the dogs score

probably could have been 12

Reactions: kjpm

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Get Garland, then when we meet Colorado in the finals he'll be extra motivated to dump on them

Reactions: TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
He is great fit

apparently Boston in on him

Let’s bundle

Keller & Garland

will save Arizona about $12 M next year

Yikes- what does Boston give up for that package? But more intriguing to me is Boston being in on Garland. I thought this was all just HF speculation- are there actual legs to that idea?

Reactions: TCB

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Yah I liked that 9-3 call off the dogs score

probably could have been 12

Couldn't believe what I was seeing in that first period. Made sure I took a screenshot of this for posterity.
:popcorn:

Screenshot_20210331-225534_NHL.jpg

Reactions: DKH

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
He is great fit

Let’s bundle

Keller & Garland

more likely IMO is they get Garland now and revisit Keller in the Summer but I live in Denver and everything I know comes from this board.

My fear is they do Debrusk or Bjork for Garland...I'd prefer to have all 3.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yikes- what does Boston give up for that package? But more intriguing to me is Boston being in on Garland. I thought this was all just HF speculation- are there actual legs to that idea?
Garland I would totally expect they are in on

I’d probably do DeBrusk actually I would but Jake starting to get expensive next season

Reactions: Gordoff and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Garland I would totally expect they are in on

I’d probably do DeBrusk actually I would but Jake starting to get expensive next season

I hope they really are putting together a deal. Sweeney has not made a move like that- for a young, talented emerging star- since he's been here. There's a first time for everything. Let this be that time.

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
more likely IMO is they get Garland now and revisit Keller in the Summer but I live in Denver and everything I know comes from this board.

My fear is they do Debrusk or Bjork for Garland...I'd prefer to have all 3.
Yes I would do exactly that
Ekholm
Forsberg
Garland
Keller

4 I would be all over

Ekholm if you resign and can keep Grzelcyk away from Seattle give you one of if not best D in hockey

One advantage is how it should make Our older core forwards not have to grind and spend so much time on the 100 feet your goalie is on

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
He is great fit

Let’s bundle

Keller & Garland

Ok you sold me. I will back off on Eichel. Can we do the deal now. What will it cost us?

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Can someone shed some light on Garland for me? I haven't seen him play before. What is his style? His stats look decent - but there must be more to the story as to why people are coveting him.

Any insight?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I hope they really are putting together a deal. Sweeney has not made a move like that- for a young, talented emerging star- since he's been here. There's a first time for everything. Let this be that time.
Sweeney has no problem wheeling and dealing - he traded Lucic and Hamilton and stunned me when Rask would have gone to SJ but 3 deals of those caliber they backed off or talked him out of it. He sure seemed like he would have done it

By July 4 he will do a big acquisition

if Nashville isn’t all in and Vaakanainen is a guy they covert Sweeney should be able to consummate a deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad