XI. Little General Stars Talk of Horrors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
It's not just HFBoards, it's Twitter, the news, etc.

In 2015, if you're a celebrity and in the spotlight, you have your every word under the microscope and scrutiny of online dwellers. There's someone looking to knock these guys down a peg every time they make a mistake, big or small.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
HF seems to be overly sensitive about a lot of things. The trouble here is the mouths of the media and social media reported their "out of context" versions, and we all know how people take the first thing they see as the truth a lot of times.

Well then, only one thing to do.

giphy.gif

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home
I hear that class wins Stanley Cups or something

maybe it's just an old wives' tale

Where are we going to find an old wife for Seguin this late in the season that will also tell him tales? I know it's the only way to class up his unclassiness, but we're stretched on time here.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Where are we going to find an old wife for Seguin this late in the season that will also tell him tales? I know it's the only way to class up his unclassiness, but we're stretched on time here.

I hear Russian mail order brides are good for tales.

Edit. This is my 4000th post and this is what it is lol

FrailSwan

Feb 26, 2012
I have lost my home

In 2015, if you're a celebrity and in the spotlight, you have your every word under the microscope and scrutiny of online dwellers. There's someone looking to knock these guys down a peg every time they make a mistake, big or small.

It's a real problem in the world. The sad part is it will probably never get better.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden

I guess it's the price we pay for increased exposure with social media etc. That and our planets increasing population means we need more harvest.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I'm done in the Benn/Seguin thread on the main boards. I haven't slept at all today and that thread is starting to scare me, probably a result of nucks fans and my insomnia. If I read another post there I think I'm going crazy.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
What I don't get is how anyone can read a transcript of it/listen to it and come out of it thinking that it wasn't the radio hosts acting like *******s and trying to goad Benn and Seguin into saying something over the line. And while I do think Seguin was inappropriate with calling them weird-looking and odd, Benn didn't say any of that and even Seguin's comments are rude but not the worst thing ever.

But that's assuming these people actually did read the transcript or listen and aren't just reacting based off a summary written by a defensive Canucks fan. Which is probably giving them too much credit.

I'm also not going to even look at the main thread. If I see another ****ing person talking about homophobia I will lose my **** completely

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
What I don't get is how anyone can read a transcript of it/listen to it and come out of it thinking that it wasn't the radio hosts acting like *******s and trying to goad Benn and Seguin into saying something over the line. And while I do think Seguin was inappropriate with calling them weird-looking and odd, Benn didn't say any of that and even Seguin's comments are rude but not the worst thing ever.

But that's assuming these people actually did read the transcript or listen and aren't just reacting based off a summary written by a defensive Canucks fan. Which is probably giving them too much credit.

I'm also not going to even look at the main thread. If I see another ****ing person talking about homophobia I will lose my **** completely
If someone wanted to be offended, it would be identical twins. They are the only group insulted, but even that insult was pretty tame.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

I can seriously count on one hand how many times I've seen Stars apparel around campus in my 4 years here in Ontario. Each time it's super cool.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Last week I was out wearing a Stars sweatshirt and ran into a dude with a Stars tattoo. My dad has met quite a few Stars fans here too. Kind of weird since I don't think of Spokane as a typical city to be into a sunbelt team and there aren't any Chiefs alums on the Stars. At least not until Babcock gets hired :sarcasm:

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I can't read the thread, but I'm assuming it's just everyone agreeing with each other about Segs and Benn being the scum of the earth?

k1279

Aug 14, 2010
From Lites via Stepneski:

“Jamie Benn has reached out to Henrik and Daniel Sedin to apologize for the radio interview that he was a part of on Monday. The Dallas Stars have the utmost respect for the contributions that the two have made to both the game and to their community over the course of their great careers. We will not be commenting on the situation further.â€

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1skk3hg?new_post=true

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Half the people up in arms probably poke fun at their own team's players and other team's players on the reg. Just like they do their own friends and family in real life. It's called being normal. Dumbfounding situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad