Not open for further replies.

WildFinn*

We will fight to the end
We will stand and defend
Our flag flying high and free
We were born the child
Of the strong and Wild
In the State, the State of Hockey

We have this, some might say its corny but I can say that full house singing that chorus will rock our team and the opponent.

Billy Mays Here*

Even a damn taunting the opposing team's goalie chant would be a welcome addition.

Pro hockey is no doubt the best to watch but the atmosphere at the X doesn't even come remotely close to the atmosphere at Gopher games.

faribogopherguy

Mar 30, 2012
Even a damn taunting the opposing team's goalie chant would be a welcome addition.

Pro hockey is no doubt the best to watch but the atmosphere at the X doesn't even come remotely close to the atmosphere at Gopher games.

No student section at the X, that's the only difference. If you took them out of Mariucci, it's the same atmosphere.

faribogopherguy

Mar 30, 2012
(2) On the music, that's how I feel when the top 40 stuff comes on. I'm like, "what the hell is this crap?". I honestly never knew what a Hannah Montana/Imagine Dragon/Black Eye Pea song was until the X played that junk.

-Sidenote; the musical acts are so atrocious at the X, as well. Roy makes up for it, but it's a crappy venue. Unless they're small enough for the many wonderful venues (1st Ave/Cedar/Fine Line/Amsterdam/State/Varsity) they don't come. Why doesn't the X/Target Field/TFC try harder to get great bands that play the main stage at Bonnaroo, Coachella, etc? The X has basically turned into the hit pop & country act venue with the occasional washed-up band that isn't worth seeing this far past their prime (Eagles/Rush/Billy Joel). But, the terrible Target Center [blown speakers] can pull in the occasional solid act...

(5) Our history was done well if not amazing during the first 7ish years... but over the last few they've either ran dry or quit. They're going to need to be a little more creative, but it will be worth it. I loved when the season tickets were old arenas or arenas from around the state.

(10) Nordy would be ok if he was somewhat related to the team... Orange, seriously? He's suppose to be a bear. Not, walking sherbet.

The Phillie Phanatic is lime green. What did a chicken ever have to do with the San Diego Padres before The Chicken took his act on tour? Don't overanalyze, just live.

Billy Mays Here*

I hate that Bud Light Lounge they put in this year. It looks stupid and it is stupid.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Aren't we supposed to get a new scoreboard next year?

It has been discussed, but I honestly do not think we will see it next season. Honestly, I want what Colorado has. That thing is a beast!!

181385593_slide.jpg

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
agreed with above me... I want a board like Tampa's or Colorado's

This is rumored to be in the works and be ready by season opener 2014

LightningBoard_Close644x364b.jpg

pepsi-center.jpg

I would like to buy a piece of the old scoreboard if that ends up being auctioned off, would be kinda cool to have in the Wild cave

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
It works perfectly for the game and completely negates high up seats being a bad price.

Yeah but if you go to the game to watch it on the screen inside the arena you may as well just stay home and watch on TV. At least thats how I see it.

LordFletcher

Jun 18, 2012
Tonka-Wayzata, MN
just curious, to those saying the screen is too big or have the thought that you may end up watching the screen rather than the play on the ice.....
Has anyone been to Tampa or denver to see a game live and enjoy the difference a nice HC screen makes?

Its easily worth it and you'll be very happy with the addition. It's in no way a bad deal for the fans to have a better screen. I watch probably 10-20% of the game from our seats and we are 7 rows up (great seats).

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
just curious, to those saying the screen is too big or have the thought that you may end up watching the screen rather than the play on the ice.....
Has anyone been to Tampa or denver to see a game live and enjoy the difference a nice HC screen makes?

Its easily worth it and you'll be very happy with the addition. It's in no way a bad deal for the fans to have a better screen. I watch probably 10-20% of the game from our seats and we are 7 rows up (great seats).

I have seen it in Tampa and its amazing.

Yeah but if you go to the game to watch it on the screen inside the arena you may as well just stay home and watch on TV. At least thats how I see it.
Agreed. That just seems pointless.

The whole point of the TV is use it when your view is obstructed for some reason. If you have sat behind the benches, or the side of it, you know how it can be when the puck is in the opposite end and you can't see what is going on. Or if a fight happens and you can't really see what is going on, you just have to simply look up.

Put it this way, if you're going to do it...you might as well get the best thing in there because it isn't going to be replaced for another 10+ years.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Put it this way, if you're going to do it...you might as well get the best thing in there because it isn't going to be replaced for another 10+ years.

I think this is maybe the best argument, actually. The scoreboard we have now was absolutely top-of-the-line in 2000. Then HD happened.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
This is slightly off-topic but this seems like the best place for it.

Last night at the game I had a revelation. I know we all complain about how we only have one chant, but I figured out the real reason behind this.

The "Let's Go Wild" chant is something the fans only do when they get restless and think the team is looking lazy/sloppy––basically, it's a very "Minnesota Nice" replacement for booing!

Viewed through the lens of passive-aggressiveness, our chanting habits suddenly make perfect sense.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I think a lot of teams use their "Let's Go ___!" chant in an attempt to rally their team.

I guess it could be interpreted as passive-aggressiveness, or support.

faribogopherguy

Mar 30, 2012
You can thank me for Synchronicity being played in the first intermission last night. I got friends in Twitter places.....

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I think a lot of teams use their "Let's Go ___!" chant in an attempt to rally their team.

I guess it could be interpreted as passive-aggressiveness, or support.

and most teams bring their mascot out with the drum, in our case Nordy to get it going, as it's one of the few things those that sit on their hands have a chance in engaging with---other than the professional fan.

For the first Winnipeg divisional game, they had it out immediately, and for every other period, brought in the pro-fan, and I was still disappointed. I figured Winnipeg fans would bring it and other than the "true North" bit they didn't.

Event sports marketing era like woah now. Sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad