Confirmed with Link: Wyatt Newpower

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
I don't know a single thing about him, but looking at the stat sheet, why AREN'T we viewing this move as a potential late bloomer with big upside?

He's got good stats in the NCAA, as well as the AHL on North American ice against professionals. And he's got good size to go with it. Why aren't we viewing him as a prize like a 23 year old Dekeyser? Or even a Kaski or Sulak, who I seem to recall people being pretty excited about?

I tried to go down the rabbit hole on this kid for a few minutes, and while there isn't a ton out there about him, I came away thinking he's a right-handed Danny DeKeyser. Not nearly as hyped, and maybe not as advanced, but between his size, style of play, leadership (captain of his college team), and career accolades (including being the best defensive defenseman in his college conference), there are a lot of similarities. I'm not making any predictions on him, but he's a curiosity at this point at least.

Amazing how many RHDs the Wings have in the system at this point (I count 7 prospects, 4 roster players, and one former top-10 pick in Dylan ****ing McIlrath).

Reactions: izlez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad