Feb 27, 2002
Beat me to the flip to the new thread with the draft 'in effect'

Guessing Lesnar gonna be suspended.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
WWE 2022 PPV Schedule

he schedule is as follows*:
- Saturday, January 1 – Day 1® at State Farm Arena in Atlanta
- Saturday, January 29 – Royal Rumble® at The Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis
- Saturday, April 2 and Sunday, April 3 – WrestleMania at AT&T Stadium in Dallas
- Sunday, May 8 – Pay-Per-View at Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence, R.I.
- Sunday, June 5 – Pay-Per-View at Allstate Arena in Chicago
- Saturday, July 2 – Money In The Bank® at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas
- Saturday, July 30 – SummerSlam® at Nissan Stadium in Nashville
- Saturday, September 3 or Sunday, September 4 – Pay-Per-View at TBD location
- Saturday, November 26 – Survivor Series® at TD Garden in Boston
In addition to the events above, pay-per-views taking place in February and October will be announced in the near future. Fans interested in up-to-date ticket information for 2022 WWE pay-per-view events can register at https://www.wwe.com/2022-PPV.
* Events subject to change.

WrestleMania is officially two nights. The September PPV may be in the UK and not directly compete with AEW All Out due to the time difference however nothing is official at this point in time. The February and October shows may be in Saudi Arabia.

Reactions: Jussi

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Summerslam in July! I like that.

Boo to a 2 night WrestleMania. I hope this is the last one.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Damn, so Boston goes from a full blown Summerslam week getting cancelled due to Covid...and now we get Survivor Series lol.

They really need to stop pretending Survivor Series means something. They held it in Boston semi recently and I wanna say the main event was Orton v Big Show for the world title. I actually paid $75 for a ticket to that garbage.

Also thumbs down to 2 night Wrestlemania. I don't care if it's gotta be 6 hours, it should be a one night only thing. Cut the filler, pick up the pace between matches, and deliver the goods in one night.

Reactions: yahhockey

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Toothpaste may be out of the tube on that one

I had to Google this expression lol. I guess you mean that 2 night WrestleManias are just the way it'll be from now on?

I think it takes away from the show to spread it over two nights. Are they doing it just to get two full gates? Because it's certainly not because they have too much star power for one night.

Some years, I invite my friends over for WrestleMania. I don't want them over two nights in a row though. And they're not wrestling fans so they wouldn't come 2 nights in a row anyway.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I had to Google this expression lol. I guess you mean that 2 night WrestleManias are just the way it'll be from now on?

I think it takes away from the show to spread it over two nights. Are they doing it just to get two full gates? Because it's certainly not because they have too much star power for one night.

Some years, I invite my friends over for WrestleMania. I don't want them over two nights in a row though. And they're not wrestling fans so they wouldn't come 2 nights in a row anyway.

They seem to have gotten into the habit of getting everybody on the card lately so there are just so many matches, now it would be tough to squeeze back into one night

A slimmed down WM would be a good thing, but it's hard to imagine them going back to like a 4hr show

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
2 4-hour shows were way better than 1 7-hour show

Isn't it only 7 hours because you're including the 2 hour pre-show?

Didn't both nights if WrestleMania this year have the 2 hour pre show? Or maybe it was 1 hour. That's 10-12 hours right there over two nights.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
WWE making it real easy to be a super fringe, casual fan now anway.

Let me know when the Rumble is on. Otherwise I think I'm all set.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So 10 hours total over 2 nights?

Yeah I'd much rather watch 7 hours in one night. Although you don't need to see most of the pre-show. It was mostly the panel talking and hype videos.

id love to see a breakdown of how much time is spent in between matches, on entrances/introductions, and on match time. They love to drag out the non-action segments with promotional crap, hype packages, and replays.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
WWE 2022 PPV Schedule

he schedule is as follows*:
- Saturday, January 1 – Day 1® at State Farm Arena in Atlanta
- Saturday, January 29 – Royal Rumble® at The Dome at America’s Center in St. Louis
- Saturday, April 2 and Sunday, April 3 – WrestleMania at AT&T Stadium in Dallas
- Sunday, May 8 – Pay-Per-View at Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence, R.I.
- Sunday, June 5 – Pay-Per-View at Allstate Arena in Chicago
- Saturday, July 2 – Money In The Bank® at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas
- Saturday, July 30 – SummerSlam® at Nissan Stadium in Nashville
- Saturday, September 3 or Sunday, September 4 – Pay-Per-View at TBD location
- Saturday, November 26 – Survivor Series® at TD Garden in Boston
In addition to the events above, pay-per-views taking place in February and October will be announced in the near future. Fans interested in up-to-date ticket information for 2022 WWE pay-per-view events can register at https://www.wwe.com/2022-PPV.
* Events subject to change.

WrestleMania is officially two nights. The September PPV may be in the UK and not directly compete with AEW All Out due to the time difference however nothing is official at this point in time. The February and October shows may be in Saudi Arabia.
Love the Saturday ppvs. So much better than Sunday. Often i cant stay up late on Sunday as I have to work early Monday morning.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Honestly if they are doing another two-night WM, make it easy for the fans and have a Raw matches on Saturday and SD matches on Sunday or vice-versa.

WWE needs to realize there are many fans who only watch Raw OR SD and not both. Mixing the brands matches together makes no sense if they are using separate brands.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Honestly if they are doing another two-night WM, make it easy for the fans and have a Raw matches on Saturday and SD matches on Sunday or vice-versa.

WWE needs to realize there are many fans who only watch Raw OR SD and not both. Mixing the brands matches together makes no sense if they are using separate brands.

If they mix them up it might cause people to be more likely to get tickets to both days though, so from a money standpoint it makes sense. Granted, WM will sell a lot of tickets either way but it could still be a difference maker

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If they mix them up it might cause people to be more likely to get tickets to both days though, so from a money standpoint it makes sense. Granted, WM will sell a lot of tickets either way but it could still be a difference maker

I'm more thinking along the lines of PPV buys/network subs. People who travel there specifically for WM are probably doing both shows and welcome the two nights.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I'm more thinking along the lines of PPV buys/network subs. People who travel there specifically for WM are probably doing both shows and welcome the two nights.

Are network subs even a thing anymore? It seems like Peacock is at the point that you get it for free when you buy a ham sandwich at the gas station nowadays, I suppose outside the US it still means something but NBC and Comcast can't hand out free Peacocks fast enough

I appreciate the 2 nights just because it seems like the one night shows were so friggin long, then again I will watch Football on Sundays from 1pm to 11pm, and if there is an England game 930am to 11pm, so maybe it is a content issue more than a length of time issue.

Reactions: BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Are network subs even a thing anymore? It seems like Peacock is at the point that you get it for free when you buy a ham sandwich at the gas station nowadays, I suppose outside the US it still means something but NBC and Comcast can't hand out free Peacocks fast enough

I appreciate the 2 nights just because it seems like the one night shows were so friggin long, then again I will watch Football on Sundays from 1pm to 11pm, and if there is an England game 930am to 11pm, so maybe it is a content issue more than a length of time issue.

The two nights helps the length of the shows which had grown to an uncomfortable number I agree totally. I just think overall if your having two separate brands with separate champions, then making one night the "Raw WM" and the next night the "SD WM" makes a lot more sense. But I'm also an advocate of much deeper separation between the brands, and that WWE as a company need to start considering there wrestling fans who only follow one show. It's the same argument for ending these annual drafts or shake-ups.

On another similar note.......did anyone find it completely ridiculous that all 4 guys competing to face Big E for the belt were all drafted over from SD. Just from a logic point-of-view, that didn't make any sense. There should of been at least one Raw mainstay to at least say "hey, we were here first, back of the line SD jabronis". Did it not make the rest of your existing roster look weak that they just sat their and let the new SD guys steal their spotlight?

A final thought lol............I'm not sure what to make of Seth Rollins character. Is it suppose to be so over-the-top? It's like he's taking an evil cartoon villain and cranking it up a few notches. The suits, the cackling, the dancing to the ring, etc.

I like that his character is evolving and I don't dislike he gimmick. It's one part brilliant while also being one part over-the-top cringeworthy. I'm interested to see what he does with it. I actually thought his new character during a couple segments with Bayley before her injury were terrific and as a pair they could be onto something. Like the two characters had chemistry/synergy. Too bad she got hurt.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So 10 hours total over 2 nights?

Yeah I'd much rather watch 7 hours in one night. Although you don't need to see most of the pre-show. It was mostly the panel talking and hype videos.
They could do a 7-hour show and have it be ok. The problem is having the show end at 12:30am (eastern), and having the audience exposure exhaustion compounded by actual exhaustion. Especially if you’re *in* the crowd. I only did it once, and I was mentally prepared for it and when you get to 10pm you just want it to be over. And an exhausted crowd is going to reflect on the quality of some of your most important stuff.

If you did a show that started at 1pm and ended at 8 it would probably be better but they won’t do that.

Otherwise, they did takeovers the night before big shows and got received perfectly fine. Now they can run and sell tickets for 2 nights of a stadium.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I did Wrestlemania 33 in Orlando, it was a long ass day but It was fun, that said, so gassed by the time it ended, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad