GDT: WWE TLC (16th December 2018)

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I'm hoping Braun is there and can't compete due to doctors orders, and then says "I have found a replacement...."

BAM, BRAY.

/MARK.

When Corbin opened the show, I really wanted Braun to interrupt via a jumbo-tron promo. Make it official that he can't compete, but he found a clause in the match contract that allows him to pick a replacement. He'd cut a promo about how at the end of the day you can always count on family to have your back...boom lights go out, come back on and there is Bray standing behind Corbin. Or the alternative would be Bray in front of Corbin and when the lights came on Bray is in his crab walk position staring at Corbin.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Isn't that match one where no one is getting pinned?

I'm trying to figure it out. :laugh:

Could go a couple of ways, but 1 thing that 100% is NOT happening is Becky looking anything but strong.

Enjoy the show.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I'm trying to figure it out. :laugh:

Could go a couple of ways, but 1 thing that 100% is NOT happening is Becky looking anything but strong.

Enjoy the show.

The title was hanging above the ring on Smackdown for the contract signing so that means it’s essentially a ladder match and no pin.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The title was hanging above the ring on Smackdown for the contract signing so that means it’s essentially a ladder match and no pin.
It's been bizarre. People have been wanting Becky to not lose the decision in a match where there is not a decision and thus losing doesn't hurt her.

Reactions: GarbageGoal

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
It's been bizarre. People have been wanting Becky to not lose the decision in a match where there is not a decision and thus losing doesn't hurt her.

No, people are just really afraid that no matter what happens her push to the Mania main will be botched.

Reactions: Sheppy

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I've always wondered

In these "blank on a pole matches" could you just pin your opponent without ever grabbing the weapon?

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I hate weapons matches, so this PPV is normally meh for me. But year it's looking really good. If you ignore half the matches lol.

A six match card looks insanely good:

Becky vs Charlotte vs Asuka - TLC
Bryan vs Styles
Rollins vs Ambrose
Bar vs Usos vs New Day
Bálor vs McIntyre

Lmao. If HHH booked those matches on a show, the show and build up would kick ass.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
I feel bad for all the cities that only get a main roster show. Going to a PPV is still super fun, but Takeover is completely different (and from my singular experience), so much cooler.
Yeah man. I've been waiting for a Takeover Boston to potentially go to, but the only Boston shows I can remember is Clash of Champions . . . . . .

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've always wondered

In these "blank on a pole matches" could you just pin your opponent without ever grabbing the weapon?
By the rules, it's a completely normal match with only exception being that the on-a-pole weapon may be used the wrestler who gets it first. So yes, you can win without the weapon ever being used or even retrieved.

In reality, you're advertising the weapon so it's going to be used at some point 100% of the time. Else you'd just piss off the fans off.

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
gonna skip this until tomorrow. trying to keep sleep schedule back on track. plus I can skip the crap lol

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I know I'm in the vast minority here... but I'm lowkey looking forward to this card for some reason.
There are some good matches on it that are very much worth looking forward to. Unfortunately there are just as many matches that are worth running away from too... So it turns into a very easy skip and watch the good matches tomorrow kind of PPV. Especially when you can't be sure the good matches are going to get time over everything else that is packed onto it.

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Reading a tidbit on Bryan planning on changing the title belt material from leather to something more earth friendly is gold. His hippy environmentalist persona is full of heel potential. Can’t wait to see where he takes it

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I thought nobody was watching period? Since the kickoff is free on Youtube, wouldn't that mean more people are watching?

There is a big football game on right now and no... I would imagine nobody is watching except hardcore fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad